Fragrant Story - New 3DS game in 2022

youtube.com/watch?v=dzcORAxqcuY

nintendowire.com/news/2022/03/30/fragrant-story-a-strategy-rpg-inspired-by-90s-titles-drops-on-3ds-in-2022-digitally-and-physically/

>Hitoshi Sakimoto (of the original Vagrant Story, Final Fantasy Tactics, and countless more) and his fellow Yoshimi Kudo of Basiscape assist with the soundtrack
>Gideon Emery and Nicole Fantl (Balthier and Fran from Final Fantasy XII)

What do you guys think? It's definitely more of an indie game but I always welcome a new Tactics game, especially FFT-inspired ones

Attached: Fragrant Story.jpg (1280x720, 181.12K)

Imagine the smell.

what

Sorry but after the Mighty No.9 shit I don't trust names anymore. I generally take a team to make a good game and a good name alone just isn't enough. Hell look at the mess that was Balan Wonderworld. It only works if the names actually know what the fuck they are even doing.

mmmm yes quite fragrant my dear

>What do you guys think
Why the fuck is on 3DS

Didn't even noticed that, welp there goes any interest I would had have for it.

It seems like a passion project. Most of the game is developed by one person which is probably the reason for the late release. It's not a cashgrab at least

Huh, is it actually just a late release? I thought it was just some gay marketing stunt.

Isn't the 3DS still relave-
>released in February of 2011
>3DS family hardware was officially discontinued on September 16, 2020

Bros...where does the time go :(

>3ds gets games in 2022
ps4 on SUICIDE WATCH

just emulate

Idk. Where will you even be able to buy this? I thought the eShop was already dead

The DS was the worst thing to happen to niche jrpgs. Just make them on PC.

>Fragrant Story
>Squire

Kinda likeā€¦ Vagrant Story by Square?

It will get a PC port down the line for sure.

It should be developed from the ground up for PC. Japanese devs trying to make PS1 style games but without the actual PS1 hardware limitations and designing them with the HD display sizes and sound capabilities of modern PCs in mind would be elder god-tier.

>I thought the eShop was already dead
Next year.

>The DS was the worst thing to happen to niche jrpgs
The DS single handedly kept them alive after the ps2 killed them.

>JRPGs selling on PC
Funny joke user

April fool's came early this year

The PS2 didn't kill them, Japanes devs juts stopped have unlimited money and couldn't keep up with HD console development.

They do when devs can be fucked to actually release a good, timely PC version.

>They do
LOL

Yes, they do.

I didn't even think about that. I don't think it is though. They've already released similar games

In your dreams?