Is it piracy if the dev tells you to download it for free?

Is it piracy if the dev tells you to download it for free?

Attached: Capture.png (1250x1083, 571.02K)

if the devs own the rights no
if the publisher owns them and doesnt want the game downloaded yes

Their FOTM game already made most of the money it ever would, so piracy isn't hurting them at all, especially when you factor in the free publicity from an article like this.

Piracy is the unauthorized sharing and/or duplication of intellectual property. If the developer saying it's okay has ownership of the IP, then it's not piracy because that sharing is authorized.

If, on the other hand, they do not, then it's still piracy unless the actual IP owner says it's okay.

reminder that pirating enables the left

Pretty based.

No because you'll get some faggots saying
>Devs told me to pirate? Holy heckin based, I will buy the game instead!

Cool publicity stunt.

why do you people still buy singleplayer games? I've been sailing the seas for a decade never looked back. maybe you are retarded and don't understand the value of money.

never met a liberal that pirated games.

wtf I love the left now

American neo liberals/lefitsts are some of the biggest consoomers there are.

It's ok, russia legalized piracy.

Based devs. I remember a german dev doing something similar by putting their game for free on their site and on torrents to prove that some people will "pirate" their game no matter what even if they can get it for free from the devs site.

Attached: 1648239285610.jpg (3500x2333, 1.05M)

what VPNs does /vee/ recommend?

Attached: akari shock.png (588x518, 353.47K)

>normies now march with torches and pitchforks at stores that haven't pulled out of Russian market
Why is it so easy to incite hate?

Any Forums recommends mullvad anything else you are trading off security for too much simplicity. mullvad uses this wireguard technology that's pretty impressive. there is a short 30 min somewhere on youtube about wireguard.

>he doesn’t want a nuclear war between the US and Russia
Fuck off tranny.

What you want a vpn for aspie

Pretty based, I will now consider playing your game.

thanks bro

Its not piracy until you intercept a boat on the high seas and kill its sailors and pillage the booty.

If you see advertisements for it everywhere its shit. Buy access to a VPN that does not keep logs, preferably with a client with a built-in kill switch. It should go without saying that free VPNs are beyond trash.