ITT: shit vidya weapon design

Attached: bad weapon design.jpg (1178x467, 127.46K)

those huge swords in general are shit design and totally lame
no, berserk making it cool one time does not justify it anywhere else

Seek Grass
and then lift, dexnigger

It wouldn't be unusual for that part of the blade to be dull

u mad brah???

Attached: guts-chad.jpg (960x959, 72.54K)

Guts gets a sheath, why can't my Elden Ring character have one?

or at the very least for that massive sword to be relatively dull in general because it's mostly gonna use the huge weight for damage

Yeah, dullish blade + armor on the shoulder makes it a bit more believable.

Why wouldn't he use this part of the sword as shoulder rest

Attached: 1648697161131.png (1178x467, 541.13K)

if anything berserker fags ruined big swords for me

He should just hold it lower on the hilt so the hilt or the guard rests on the shoulder instead of the blade. Its clear From doesn't give a single fuck about clipping.

>shoulder rest
you might as well make it a 1 sided sword, tard. otherwise the wielder must be aware which side is which

shoulder armor protects it

Who cares. It looks cool. A sword of that size is never going to be realistic anyway.

Attached: file.png (1400x700, 1.42M)

Those are pretty common actually, often called something like a backsword.

He's wearing armor though. A shoulder rest would do absolutely nothing.

came here to post this, its not like the entirety of the blade gets sharpened.

>real scythe - interesting subtle curve to the handle, blade is thin and sharp, evocative and a powerful symbol
>fantasy scythe - giant spikes and hooks out the ass, giant chunk of metal welded to a tree trunk, not graceful or threatening at all

Attached: scythe.png (980x1242, 2M)

>evocative and a powerful symbol
Its a farm tool.

>evocative and a powerful symbol
Symbol for what? Mowing grass?

>fantasy scythe
fucking tight

For the mortal harvest, something that has basically superseded any farming symbolism they ever had.

Attached: harvest.jpg (1200x1760, 434.19K)

First post worst fucking post

Attached: 1647687776503.png (720x688, 846.37K)

not fair, DS has the grounded scythe design too

This, except it's not cool in Berserk either

Yeah Souls is basically the only game with decent scythes. They really suffer from JRPGification, more than other weapons I feel. Friede's scythe and the Winged Scythe from ER are both cool looking and fantasy without being Deviantart tier.

I used the greatsword near the beginning of my game but they look like crap. no technique. You get so many of them too but they're so lame to use. Switched to Katana because they look way cooler and your player is actually using sword stances.
They need to look at how Guts actually uses his sword in the manga. He's as fast as anyone else. He doesn't leave openings. He can knock arrows out of the air with it.

Attached: hiko-seijuro.gif (498x373, 3.25M)

The zweihander is at the limit of what a huge sword should be for me. Anything bigger than that its just anime retardation.

Yeah actual big swords from real life look cool, even if they're basically polearms.

Wait till you see what they did to the zwei. Actually fromsoft made scythes cool by not going crazy.

>have little armor with a big weapon
>it hovers over the shoulder instead of resting on it

Attached: hiss.png (544x572, 223.94K)