This video aged like fine wine

This video aged like fine wine.

Attached: Screenshot_20220330-142418.jpg (1440x1005, 315.51K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XUOfB1dCshI
youtube.com/watch?v=26B8VI-QNok
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Indeed. People who hate it can't accept that even in ER the combat is still mediocre, and that's why DeS is still so strong, because it built the game around different experiences instead of a bunch of samey boss fights that are all pure tests of mechanical skill in a shallow combat system.
Sekiro on the other hand has a great combat system and still has more varied boss fights than ER did. It's probably the closest FromSoft has come to capturing what made DeS special, while also being mechanically sound at the same time. It's depressing to see ER completely fail to live up to that.

Nah. He's wrong about tons of shit.

muh phalanx

Divine Dragon and Rykard are both excellent bosses
Another interesting little fact is that they're the only good gimmick bosses From has ever designed

DeS is garbage. By the way Matthew, please get back to work on your weaboo Hollow Knight clone already

fpbp

ER proves that the Rolling Souls meme is real, because in the end that's how every single boss fight plays out. Even Rykard's, a boss fight that requires a special weapon like Yhorm, plays out the same way as every other boss fight, only that you've got a weapon that'll make things easier for the player.

Lock target, learn patern, dodge, jump attack, rinse and repeat. I guess that's why everyone seethes at INTfags, who are basically playing a different game.

This. ER is a lot like DMC in this regard (spam stinger, high time if juggles are good, and mash)

Are you for real? DeS had some of the worst boss fights in Souls
From moved from gimmicky boss fights because they weren't working, everyone was disappointed a design like the Dragon God was just a puzzle or Maiden Astrea was just a NPC invasion and praised fights like False King and Penetrator, even the best gimmick fight, the Sekiro Dragon, is honestly nowhere near other standard boss fights in the same game
DeS is also the most restricted Souls by a long shot, in terms of magics, weapon variety, tools

Your reading comprehension sucks, and pretending that people hated Astraea's fight is laughable.

>Maiden Astrea was just a NPC invasion

Attached: (you).png (678x431, 198.45K)

fine wine doesn't age like dogshit user. you're as wrong as one person could possibly be. gas yourself.

>Sekiro on the other hand has a great combat system
sekiro is matt's complaints in the video turned up to 10 lol
literally all i remember about that game is the beautifully wasted assets and L1L1L1L1L1L1L1L1L1L1L1L1L1L1L1L1

discord slide thread

I started dismantling this video almost point by point and it wasn't hard. Matt misses the mark on a lot of things and the video is weak.

based

>le rolling bad
oh my god guys, doom is so fucking boring, you just point and click, I mean seriously that's all you do all game

oh my god guys, forza is so fucking boring, you just drive and race, I mean seriously that's all you do all game

oh my god guys, portal is so fucking boring, you just do test chambers and puzzles, I mean seriously thats all you do all game

Cool story bro

retard

Reductionism doesn't make a good argument, it just makes you look stupid.

This is one of the things where Matt misses the point. The combat is great, shallow though it is. Engagement >>> depth. Miyazaki has always said the combat was intended to be simple and gratifying, and it is. The proof is in the pudding when more people have fun with it than much deeper games.

> because it built the game around different experiences instead of a bunch of samey boss fights
It's hilarious how mattfaggots fellate des as some kind of grand strategy game when the games have always been centered around pressing roll at the right time and attacking until the enemy keels over.

I can do it again if you like. It's an easy video to blow up.

Yeah imagine if you actually did that

He's a retard who only likes the video for the sake of being contrarian, completely missing the point. Sekiro fans are the most despicable.

>instead of a bunch of samey boss fights
Leechmonger, Dirty Colossus, Old Hero, Allant, Penetrator, and Flamelurker are all the same fight but retooled.

that's your fucking argument though, fucking dumbasses, if le hecking combat is bad and ninja gaiden or bayonetta is better or whatever the fuck then go play those games, the game not matching your snowflake expectations is not legitimate criticism, you're doing the equivalent of walking into a mcdonalds and asking them to make sushi

No joke, I went back to replay Nioh after platinuming Elden Ring because ER's combat felt so lacklustre and I was wishing so much a combat closer to Nioh's was in ER's world.

Attached: plat.jpg (913x61, 14.17K)

>doom is so fucking boring, you just point and click
This is literally false though, because you have to constantly change your weapons, dodge, and use fire, ice and chainsaw
>forza is so fucking boring
>portal is so fucking boring
yes they are

I did do it. I'll start it again for this thread but save it for future threads so you won't forget.

Sekiro
>parry, dodge, sprint, jump, grapple, mikiri counter

Elden Ring
>ROLL ROLL ROLL ROLL ROLL ROLL ROLL ROLL

You're still posting nothing

>Reductionism only works when I don't like the game.
This is you.

No it isn't, you dimwit. The argument is that DeS is a good game because of a combination of elements that went into it, with varied boss fights being a key part of that. Future games largely dropped that element to focus on mechanical precision while doing little to expand the mechanical complexity of the titles, and are worse off for it.

>doom
>constantly change your weapons, dodge, fire, ice, chainsaw
a child posted this

ER still suffers from faggots playing the game wrong. these two videos are a perfect showcase of how soulsfaggots deal with souls games that have different mechanics from simple roll+r1. it's the same guy playing the game on release and 3 years later

youtube.com/watch?v=XUOfB1dCshI
youtube.com/watch?v=26B8VI-QNok

Where did I say hated? Disappointed for sure, it is what it is, you fight Garl who basically stands in one place with a slow ass weapon, then proceed to the plague swamp with babies and one shot Astrea, "evocative"? Sure, Dragon God is good as well in that regard, a good boss fight in a game that is 99% about combat? No
And I fail to remember those kind of different experiences you mention, I assumed you were talking about bosses, maybe builds, but apparently is something else, and considering how samey Souls games are I really don't what you are on about