Do you read scattered lore pages in video games? I do and look down on those who don’t

Do you read scattered lore pages in video games? I do and look down on those who don’t.

Attached: 81F84051-63CF-41A2-A569-6CB30A219974.png (657x527, 141.51K)

I rarely play games like that.

I try to but then I realize I dont give a shit and just ignore them

I do, but I'm so tired of game stories trying too hard to be obtuse. Just like Elden Ring. Pay some writer big bucks to write your lore (supposedly), then mince it into tiny pieces and scramble it all up to be LE MYSTERIOSO. Anybody could do that. You could write 1/5th of a story and get the same affect by throwing it in a blender.

If the game is right, sure. It adds to the fun. I like reading.

Torn page from Zanzibart's Journal:
--- Day 13 ---
>My worst fears have come true. My repose is shattered, my peace destroyed.
>If only I had listened to [blood stain]

No if the story isn't told directly I don't give a fuck about it

Attached: 1648294644623.jpg (960x720, 81.39K)

i do

except in elder scrolls where i have never read a single book, even when i collected them

I always do but if it gets boring I stop

i always try to but then realise it's just some boring shit that some failed tranny writer came up with

I give every game 5-10 chances with its random lore items like audio logs or text logs to impress me.
If what I get in those first 5-10 lore items is nothing but a bunch of bullshit or poorly written, I don't bother with any of them for the rest of the game.
If it IS well written or pertains to the lore of the story and not just some bullshit, then I'll actively seek them out and read/listen to them all.

Most games they're awful. But something like Lost Odyssey lore stories are beautiful.

I only do it while playing my favorite game

>modern scattered lore is just 80% of the game's story because the dev's were too lazy to add the full story into the game forcing players to read novels sized content just to learn all of the story.
Fucking Square Enix is guilty as shit with this.

Attached: 1627273673330.png (326x231, 90.53K)

only if I already care about the lore in the game

same with listening to what the stupid npcs have to say honestly

>Fucking Square Enix is guilty as shit with this.
Name 3 games where this is the case.

Quantum Break and Control made me regret doing it. They have SO MANY fucking pages and pages of info to read, and hardly any of it is memorable or good. But a few rare ones are good for context, so I ended up reading all of them. God dammit, Sam Lake. You're such a good writer outside of this shit, and this mechanic was so good in Alan Wake. Why is it such garbage here?

No, I hate that shit so much. No one just drops audio logs and diary pages randomly around the fucking world, it's the laziest form of environmental storytelling and a clear sign the writer is dogshit.
If it's an entire diary or a set of audio logs in one location, I'm okay with it.

Not him but FF13 is one for sure, I fucking hate how all the context is stashed away in story files you may not even notice you have access to.

Sbpb

Okay, one game. Far cry from "guilty as shit with this".

Jesus Christ, does SE pay you a salary or something dude? I'm sure there's more examples that's just the one I immediately think of. Stop sucking corporate cock.

>mfw the lore in DA:O
I didn't even read a single page of that shit

Attached: images (1) (1).jpg (225x225, 11.11K)