What's a good game engine for making 2D games?

What's a good game engine for making 2D games?

Attached: maxresdefault (4).jpg (1280x720, 92.86K)

GameMaker Studio

Game Maker Studio sucks ass. It's a very limited engine with terrible performance, awful support, lots of frustrating bugs and a sub model which locks out features to plebians who don't pay every month. Just use Unity or Godot.

Godot.

How is Löve?

Attached: 17165675.png (179x179, 6.65K)

Unity, love2d, GMS, Construct.

It's good if you intentionally want to limit yourself to something fairly simple.

How limited are we talking here? Could I make a game like Blaster Master Zero or Shovel Knight?

A few days ago, i had a small discussion here with the question: Should i use a own engine for an RTS game?
The user said: Yes.
Unfortunately the thread was archived, my question now:
Why should I develop my own engine for an RTS?

Unity's dope along with any engine that allows you to get working on ur game immediately

You shouldn't.

It's gonna be a lot of work, probably much more than you or I can ever predict

>You shouldn't.
What exactly do you mean now, the statement can refer to both?

You are more than likely not gonna make an RTS game that couldn't just be made on a current engine

>"Should I make my own engine blah blah blah"
No nigga, stay well the fuck away from making your own engine because you won't, nobody ever does. It's a fucking meme to pursue so just stick to what's available.

Well, it means the same thing in both cases. You shouldn't develop your own engine, just use Unity.

>It's gonna be a lot of work, probably much more than you or I can ever predict
Can you tell me the reason why I shouldn't use another engine but my own?

No

Unity!

Attached: e9pu9qltpwv61.jpg (3840x2160, 1.98M)

Is there also a 3D designer present?

There's always a 3D designer present. They lurk beneath the surface, ready to strike at any moment.

Pretty happy how Im coming along. Still lots to do before finishing up tho

Attached: LMAOBlender8.png (914x686, 363.63K)

LÖVE

Sounds Good :)
Could a 3D Artist create a design concept gameplay image or even scenes of what a game might look like in a military style or in a modern Game setting?
Unfortunately I don't have an example right now, I'd have to google it first.

It's not a good example, but let's take Halo Reach, it's set in sci-fi. I would like to know what a pure militar style halo would look like as a concept.

Attached: index_Halo-Reach-1.jpg (753x334, 53.57K)

You better not be asking for free work you slimy Jew