Why did Final Fantasy descend into mediocrity, and how do we save it?

Why did Final Fantasy descend into mediocrity, and how do we save it?

Attached: E0723FB7-F2A3-4C62-BC86-FE9661C7E604.jpg (1280x720, 161.71K)

play 14

the talent left and we cannot

And dqxi

13 waa decent, 15 was crap

no content

The game so forgettable no one remembers it exists

Chasing money. Problem is JRPGs are a niche genre and it's basically huge production budgets that put FF a cut above the rest. This means they're constantly looking for ways to expand their audience. Basically, you'll never get a turn-based core FF ever again.

Turn based was never the appeal of FF, it’s been the story and setting. The combat was always passable at best

I just came back to ffxi on the free trial and played literally all day. I got up at 8am and played till 2am. I fear my addiction for this game ahas returned from 1 simple day.

I liked XIII & XV (and Stranger of Paradise) the best. Cope

Play dqx with me instead before you die

Is that even out in America? My eyes feel like they're about to fall out of my head, idk why i'm even on /v right now. I'm definitely buying the full game when I can find where to get it.
>for some reason square's website only sells the newest expansion.

14 is a great adventure but not story
horrible gameplay
great content

has a lot of good things but a lot of bad too making it just another ff

I enjoyed each character limit/overdrive gimmicks back when they had them - slot reels, timer bar, direction pad sequences etc.

You played it for 13 fucking hours? Literal south park neckbeard levels of WoW play.

By killing Chaos™

This user gets it.

Attached: Poster Collage.jpg (2241x741, 896.42K)

It will never ever be out in America

Their problem is following trends instead of doing their own thing, XIII tried to be COD, XV slapped open world crap in it. XVI is gonna try to be The Witcher.

I have played 70 hours and still nothing interested has happened, when can I have fun with it?

Fucking based

Develop gameplay, especially a fun and stimulating combat system FIRST before attempting to produce what will most likely end up being a shitty story and forgettable world. That way you aren't left with auto battle or hold a single button to win because you wasted so much time rearranging plot elements that were not all that interesting to begin with.

XIV is honestly one of the best FFs period.

I enjoyed walking around in HD towns and talks to NPCs. Course, that was when HD towns were hard for SE to make. Also, being able to play a FF job.

Attached: 1419664964757.jpg (794x525, 155.72K)

I don't think it's a FF problem. It's more a current era problem