Be honest, is it actually bad or is all the hate from Trigger fans that wanted a more conventional sequel...

Be honest, is it actually bad or is all the hate from Trigger fans that wanted a more conventional sequel? The game from what I've seen looks like pure soul.

Attached: Chrono-Cross-The-Radical-Dreamers-Edition_Key-Art_04.jpg (750x1000, 111.59K)

Idk it's not out yet

It is janky and sloppy, but has redeemable qualities. It is a game worth trying out if you can sit past the first 5 hours

>take out kino early Majin Buu arc Akira Toriyama art style
Unforgivable.

Its soul, a great jrpg

It's great, one of the best RPGs on the PS1.
>Trigger fans
Don't call them that. Chrono Trigger fans at the very least respect Cross and appreciate its finer qualities, if not outright love it like myself. The "people" you're referring to are zoomers that played Trigger on their phones and watched some e-celeb bitch about Cross killing off characters.

if you hated Chrono Trigger maybe all the hate piled on it by Chrono Cross will amuse you
problem is it's still crap, even by JRPG standards

Attached: no, making shit games is problematic.png (844x942, 467.49K)

Its failings were mostly due to them inflating the roster with 100 characters you literally dont give a shit about. In trigger you had a small party and they all had their chance to shine and were each important. Cross is a fucking circus full of clowns that you cant even remember all of their names. Overall when they were making cross it seemed they just decided to slap as much stuff together when the main selling point of trigger was how clean and steamlined the whole thing was.

It isn't great. It has moments where you think "now we're getting somewhere interesting" and then just sort of wallows in mediocrity. After all this time I mainly remember a series of macguffins to collect, gambling on Captain Fargo's ship, and seeing a world frozen mid calamity and hating the explanation why.

>Cross is a fucking circus full of clowns
But the clown is one of the better characters, in fact they got shafted by this large roster!

Game is outdated. It was a 10/10 at the time. Aged badly.

too many characters that hardly fucking matter. thats what annoyed me the most. i wish they had a bigger impact to the story depending on who you take a long with.

>10/10
>aged badly

The only true 10/10 games are ones that hold up. This game was a solid 8/10 that is now a mediocre 5/10

It didn't help that they were mostly interchangeable since you could mix and match techs. And while it had a larger roster, there were fewer cross techs than Trigger.

it looks blurry, there are 100 characters you can recruit but most of them have like 2 lines of optional dialog that doesn't matter at all and none of them are mechanically unique, the combat system is actually turbo trash compared to chrono trigger that in and of itself is totally fucked

There's a lot of cool looking characters in that roster. I agree that it feels like a circus though, it's such a weird mish mash where you have a wrestler, a skeleton, a mushroom dude, and a mermaid all as playable party members.

and let me specify, it looks blurry for the time, just like how bad ff8 looked (and looks). the hand painted backgrounds look great though.

it was not a 10/10, not even close, because of how horrendous the loading times were

>And while it had a larger roster, there were fewer cross techs than Trigger
That's the biggest missed opportunity.

>The game from what I've seen looks like pure soul

Attached: cad72890c3.jpg (512x490, 31.11K)

>Be honest, is it actually bad or is all the hate from Trigger fans that wanted a more conventional sequel
it's both

>frog thinks his opinion matters