Go slightly out of bounds

>go slightly out of bounds
>game starts glitching out

Attached: Red_Bull's_Fake_Space_Jump.jpg (960x960, 102.05K)

>>/sci/

>what is momentum

Next.

lol

yes Im sure a human survived reentry

>RED BULL'S FAKE TRUCK JUMP
>FELIX BAUMGARTNER SUPPOSEDLY ASCENDED OVER 12 INCHES WHICH TOOK 2.5 SECONDS
>HE LAUNCHED FROM THE BACK OF HIS FORD F-150 AND LANDED ON THE BACK OF HIS FORD F-150
>DID THE TRUCK FORGET TO MOVE?

Has nothing to do with it retard

I thought there was no gravity in space (which is also supposedly a vacuum)

The more I observe and learn about the world the more I believe flat Earth fags might be onto something

I'm not sure what this is trying to say, he landed in a faraway spot, therefore earth flat?

>launch from a spinning surface
>you continue to spin with it as the platform and the atmosphere around the surface are spinning too
>even outside of that atmosphere there's nothing to cause friction in order to slow you down
This some loony toons tier shit

Momentum in rotation is always tangential to the surface

If instead they jumped 24 hours later, would the astronaut have made a full rotation alongside the earth?

I hate conspiracy theorists so fucking much it's unreal

i hate mainstream science so much. i can't believe we have to even label it "mainstream" science now

it's all new mexico chud

"space jump" is marketing hyperbole, it's just extreme skydiving where you go to near space to sky dive, but not actual space

Shouldnt you stop spinning and simply keep a linear momentum with direction tangential to the circumference of the earth, and value equal to radius*angular speed of the earth?

All governments, media, scientists and literature lie to you about round earth because
Uh

the real conspiracy is thinking white supremacy is huge when aryan brotherhood only has 20,000 members and the KKK have less than 10,000. that's less people than my smaller city.

t. jomon east asian

What is gravity?

why are people so quick to defend this and say that it was real? regardless of who is right, why do these people do it? it's not just one-liners either; they get upset when people call it fake. what is it to them? remember; i don't carw who is right and i just want to know why these people do it.

>jump off the ground
>fly east at 1000mph

Attached: glj4nD6.png (439x472, 342.59K)

>why are people so quick to shit on this and say that it was fake?

Because the people saying it's fake tend to be either incredibly stupid or mentally ill

also both those groups are 95% FBI agents

>what is geosynchronous orbit

Or right like many cases in recent years.

Why? Unless you apply force away from the momentum, the momentum is still going to be there. Using a rocket to fly linearly isn't going to take that momentum away rockets don't fly linearly btw meaning that you would indeed keep spinning with it.

Most people learned the same shit by rote and teach their ignorance. A small percent are in on it, but utilize compartmentalization so that as few people as necessary are initiated.

and about half of them are actually undercover

Hello. Flat Earth is truth.

BECAUSE THE JEWS WOULDN'T BE ABLE TO SELL GLOBES ANYMORE
WAKE UP SHEEPLE

Attached: 1631020543099.gif (264x320, 928.9K)

Yes but only if there isn't a force that constanly changes your direction, Gravity.

Meds

Pretty sure that conspiracy theories are spread aroun to delegitimize valid concerns by association.
>Point out the enormous wealth transfer that occured during the pandemic
>OH WOW DO YOU BELIEVE IN LIZARDMEN AND ILLUMINATI TOO?

>it's just extreme skydiving
It's not even that extreme, it's just skydiving in a heavier gear.
The height changes nothing other than requiring oxygen. You hit terminal velocity quickly after jumping, you can't go any faster than that.

Read a science textbook. Everything exerts a gravitational pull which can be felt everywhere else, even in space.

>I thought there was no gravity in space (which is also supposedly a vacuum)
These are the genuine retards you spend time posting here with. Think about that.

Attached: 1637505814473.jpg (250x180, 16.92K)

In theory you would eventually cease rotating with the rotation of the earth and in turn simply continue to drift outwards in a static direction (assuming you don't come under the influence of other gravitational forces from other large celestial bodies) but to do so you would need to break from earth's gravitational pull.
To do that, you would have to move much further away from the surface of the earth than was done in this event.
Even then though you're technically not free of earth's gravity, and instead simply so distant to it that it has little to no effect on you.
Jumping from 23 miles up would still technically fall within earth's atmosphere.

i feel like if a flat-earther went on bezos' space trip with they would still say its fake

But as you get farther from the earth's surface, the momentum you kept from earth's rotation corresponds to a smaller angular speed than the rotation of the earth (angular speed = speed/distance to the center of the earth) so shouldn't you "lag behind" the earth's rotation?

The reason I don't buy it when people say "flat earth is a psyop" is if it was made up by feds as a falseflag they'd at least put in the effort to do some calculations to try and "prove" that's not where he'd land. It's trivial to show "calculations" that would make him land wherever you want and are not easily disproven. Yet all they can muster up is shitty image macros. These are real retards who genuinely believe the earth is flat.

it also requires more complex equipment to actually get you that high in the air, which means more things can go wrong, like 3 people died trying to break the world record because of this

most people are not interested in being proven wrong

He never left earth's gravity retard. He is just orbiting around earth fast enough to suspend himself at a certain distance above it.

so umm, if you could levitate a couple feet off the ground the world would spin under you?

Attached: 1347058977347.jpg (479x435, 49.08K)

Accelerated backhop IRL is fucking OP

cause it's fan fucking tastic bait especially for reddit HECK YEAH I KNOW SCIENCE types.

Guys, don't jump. I once jumped irl after seeing it in a video game. Worst mistake of my life.

>

>I thought there was no gravity in space
you realize the earth is in space right

what exactly made you believe that?
>(which is also supposedly a vacuum)
please tell me that you are just an american who believes a vacuum works like a vacuum cleaner because of your retarded language

>wealth transfer
>people making money by selling stuff is... le bad

holy fuck nigga you can't be serious
did you pay attention in any of your classes?

This momentum of the earth spinning isn't exit velocity, nor was the force of the balloon's lift enough to actually leave earth's gravity, so the balloon would not be able to keep traveling in that literal tangent and would be subject to earth's gravity. This causes that tangent to curve to a degree where he travels with the earth's rotation but at a slower rate because much of that speed is going upward but not enough to divorce himself from earth's rotation and the influences it had on the journey.