Is it worth learning japanese to avoid shitty localizations?

and what’s the best way to go about learning?

Attached: 2665BA9E-D048-42D6-9912-5735525C0490.jpg (2000x1200, 296.63K)

Well you won't learn it by watching anime, except a few words with no way to connect them.

No
Only learn Japanese if you have business in Japan

Attached: 6b6.jpg (772x525, 125.57K)

>playing jeanne d'arc
>it's dubbed only
>everyone has bad accents
>one guy talks in a lisp
>one dog talks like scooby doo
>the dwarves baby talks
it was a pretty decent game 7/10

Attached: Jeanne d'arc.png (1600x900, 2.21M)

Lmao, these people are fucking retarded
actually learn something useful like Mandarin or Cantonese instead. Kek.
Even Cantonese, despite being one of the many Chinese languages, roughly 3 times as many speak it compared to Japanese. Also, the weeb community is much bigger in China, so your favorite Jap games have already been translated into Mandarin most likely.
So not only will you have much more job opportunities (as opposed to being paid below minimum wage in Japan like the retarded foreigner you are; why else do you think they're pushing this whole "Japan loves foreigners"-bullshit?) but also play your pathetic little weeb games. Mandarin also has a huge amount of ACG vocabulary from Japanese, shit like 的说. It has all the special vocab to represent your oh-so-beloved Japanese idiosyncrasies.

Not to mention, as a language, Japanese is a total clusterfuck. Unlike Vietnamese and Zhuang, who developed new characters coined on the same rebus principle as Mandarin character words, creating Chu Nom and Sawndip, Japanese, Koreans and Ryukyuans resorted to clumsily trying to phonetically transcribe their native vocabulary with Chinese characters instead of mass creating new characters for their language. This went on until kana and hangul were developed and use for native words. Japanese and Korean words like Joseon, Silla were transcribed with Chinese characters based on phonetic transliteration.
It's like a bunch of retards got their hands on Chinese and didn't know what to do with it.

Attached: -bqqbQ5-jzazK8ToS7i-57.jpg (270x187, 8.75K)

Time investment vs added enjoyment you'll get out of it doesn't balance out. You would be better off just ignoring anything translated because there is plenty of shit out there to do in your native language.

But chinks speak Chinese and no one likes talking to chinks. It's the same as speaking to niggers. Hence the term- riceniggers

OPDASJOPDJPSJFOPASJasdASD

yes
enjoying untranslated works

and a ching chong nip nong to you, young lady

>actually learn something useful like Mandarin or Cantonese
not useful
>roughly 3 times as many speak it compared to Japanese
doesn't matter at all. there are like 7 billion people you will never talk to
>So not only will you have much more job opportunities
learning a language to get a job is retarded and help you get jobs. the goal of learning a language isn't to move there and get a job

You will learn after playing every Yakuza game like me

Attached: 1608435162407.jpg (352x500, 42.2K)

I know Japanese and pretty much every game worth playing has been translated already. I only bothered playing Ao no Kiseki and assorted H-games in JP because they're not translated.
But you can watch all the vtubers you want when you know Japanese and it's great.

>learning chinese for work
lmao someone post the engineer user working with chinese steel providers

I spoke only English until I was 18 and now I speak four languages, Japanese being one of them. People that tell you languages are too hard to learn or try to discourage you are literally retards coping. If you have an interest in something you should pursue it and fuck what anyone else tells you

how many hours a day do i need to study jap for how many years before i can make out at least 50% of what is said/written in a jap game?

Imagine actually typing this entire essay with so much pride and think other people are retarded. Listen, you passionless halfwit wagie, some people like to have fun in life, crazy I know. Not only is Any Forums full of pathetic neets that will never benefit from your dogshit "advice", but some of us already have successful careers, so there's absolutely no need to perma focus on hyper efficient career focused free time activities. Learning japanese would be the perfect accessory to watching anime as a hobby, let other people have fun, let other people enjoy life, you are not helping anybody with the shit you are spewing, it's not useful. Instead, maybe do some retrospection, think, become self aware, you are probably the most boring passionless husk of a human in this thread, plenty of others exactly like you on this god forsaken site though.
>inb4 projecting
Just stating facts.

Reminder that these are the same people who complain about localizations/translations on this very forum.

Attached: 1643973797908.png (1908x1926, 642.68K)

if you're interested in learning you should try.