The 6th gen Dynasty Warriors games were actually great and very underrated (2-5 at least as well as the expansions)...

The 6th gen Dynasty Warriors games were actually great and very underrated (2-5 at least as well as the expansions). People overlooked some great games. I consider them among the best games of the era.

Warriors general thread. Who is your favorite officer Any Forums?

Attached: artworks-7biIale8DmJFy498-NehHng-t500x500.jpg (500x500, 72.03K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uBBVPSsFCUc
youtube.com/watch?v=6xuIzSDaA5I
youtube.com/watch?v=KSgze6XbOpI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

bruh look at this dude youtube.com/watch?v=uBBVPSsFCUc

Thought he was hanging dick in the thumbnail

I personally think DW3 was the best, from the terrible voice acting and the tougher AI enemies. Everything felt more grounded than anything that was produced after DW5.

youtube.com/watch?v=6xuIzSDaA5I

Gan Ning from DW5 was the best. If you had the ice element on your weapon, after freezing the target you can stack a lot of ult hits on him

lol what? I'm not seeing it.

>inb4 the Liu Shan's combat chair
youtube.com/watch?v=KSgze6XbOpI

5 is my favorite since I feel it had the best qol improvements as well as having the most characters and the level structures seemed nice to with those bases you can take over. However 3-5 I see as the pinnacle of DW franchise. I couldn't fault anyone seeing one of those as best over another.

3 had what you said as well as probably the best soundtrack of the games. 4 also had some really nice battles to fight in. Leveling the weapons also might have been the best way to do the weapons and Zhou Tai was a beast in that game.

DW3 is also my favorite because of what you mentioned and it also has so much nostalgia for me. I come back to it occasionally still.

>Who is your favorite officer
Lu Bu, i wish Koei kept his 4 appearance. i played the vanilla and Empire versions again of the ps2 games recently and DW5 is still the best game.

My favorite was either Xu Zhu, Zhang Fe, or Huang Gai. Although in DW4, Zhang Fe was my go-to.

Most people have nothing but praise for 3-5, as long as they like musou-style games to start with.
Everything started going downhill with Orochi though. That taught KTi that they didn't have to put effort in - people will buy it as long as you do the story and place plenty of mobs.

I'm actually having fun with 9 Empires but it's sad how far Koei has fallen. Objects still loading during cutscenes and when they do load it's still an untextured blob kek. 9 is still pretty bad but I don't hate it as much as I used to, 6 and 7 still have the crown for my least favorites

Yeah Lu Bu is untouchable.

I love DW5 and playing as Guan Yu because his polearm looked sick.

I honestly was hoping for Koei to make a Dynasty Warriors version of Conquerors Blade. I never got to play Dynasty Warriors Online (2012) so I missed out on that fun.

Wait that's out now? I didn't bother with Dynasty warriors 9 since I found out how bad it was. How's empires then user?

I still wish for a straight up DW3 remake with modern technology so the maps aren't filled with fog and peons/generals popping in and out.

Will never happen though.

Not that user but it's basically DW8's strategy sessions mixed with DW9's gameplay. The maps are a nothing but open fields with one fort and one castle with 'bases' being nothing but little boxes scattered the field. No 'zone of control' either so there's not even any strategy on what bases to claim/defend first.

Is Dynasty Warriors 9 Empires gud?

Attached: 1623697681465.jpg (928x529, 80.41K)

>Samurai Warriors 5 is a garbage reboot where everyone has even shittier anime personalities and DW7/8 weapon switching
>They'll probably just lazily continue the DW9 direction for DW10
Warriors is dead.

It's DW9 so I can't imagine so. The core of the entire game is rotten.

Well that sucks, thx for the info I'm going to give that game a miss.

>They'll probably just lazily continue the DW9 direction for DW10
You think so? DW6 was panned and they backpedalled hard, even all the cool stuff introduced were removed from existence. DW9 is basically in the same spot.

There is no weapon switching in SW5. They assigned new weapons to most of the cast while changing the actual movesets (and removed a ton of weapons so there's clones upon clones everywhere).

WHY THE FUCK LUBU STILL NOT IN SMASH YET???
HE USED TO BE FUCKING POPULAR