Anyone play this...

Anyone play this? I'm giving it a shot after spending a bunch of time on factorio and I'm struggling with the graphics settings since there seems to be some kind of god awful motion blur even when I've turned motion blur off. While I mess with these settings I wanted to see who all here plays any of these factory/automation type games and if anyone has projects they'd be willing to share from this or any base building type of game

Attached: sat.jpg (1920x1080, 101.86K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Engine:Unreal_Engine_4#Motion_blur
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I'd wait till it's completely finished which shouldn't be much longer now.

I've already got the game loaded up and i've heard good things about it but looking around this isn't a new issue. It's honestly crazy to me that anyone would willingly inflict motion blur on themself

Fun but requires way more time to build on a large scale than Factorio because, outside of mods, the game doesn't offer many tools to quickly mass build a factory chain.

Overall it still feels quite directionless, I've put about 300 hours in just building up through the different tiers of production but outside of autistically making a nice/huge factory the game lacks a sense of endgame.

>shouldnt be muchn longer now
You are kidding right? Itll be years.

Its pretty decent as is though.

I can work with that, I've put a fair chunk of time into factorio but haven't beaten it because I get lost in just adjusting and redesigning factory lines.

also on the motion blur, I've turned down the post processing to low and it got a little better but It's still there enough to be really noticeable. Could I just be calling some awful feature that isn't motion blur by that name? Either way I fucking hate it. Also When I turn settings up to max there is an afterimage on the tools I'm holding as I turn which is just the strangest nonsense to me

Seems like the after image thing only kicks in when I turn anti-aliasing up but this is one issue I can't find any feedback online about. but with that one down I'll just have to get used to this motion blur I guess

game is god tier and tickles my building autism

shame the performance goes to shit once you get a giant factory going, unless they've improved this, i havent played since last summer

pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Engine:Unreal_Engine_4#Motion_blur

Game uses unreal engine 4, modiyfing the video ini settings can disable it.

DSP better for scratching factorio itch

I didn't even think of it being something like that, thanks user

it hits different than factorio tho, fps, exploration is more immersive

this game will be your life for 1-2 weeks and then you will drop it until the next major update and then you will probably start a new save and it will be your life for 1-2 weeks.

I can live with that, booting up the game now that I added that motionblur line so if all is as it should be then I'm ready to burn some time

It will make you wish to play factorio instead

compared to satisfactory?
Thats what we're comparing, unless you're aware of a game more like factorio than either?

Dysen sphere or w/e it's called is more like factorio than satisfactory

what he said, I've put over 300 hours into the game, but after you get full setups it's just time to wait for the next update

I love the game, it's just always a hard transition for each update and I feel the need to start fresh every time.

I liked it but mostly because of the aspect exploration aspect of setting up the infraestructure. My favorite part was always finding a way to set up pipelines and climbing giant cliffs to find new resources.

It doesn't have as many tools to improve your production as factorio so when you get a the higher tier of factories and are making crazy complex materials it can get a bit daunting. So keep that in mind.

The game becomes a major chore in mid to late game. They really need a faster way to deconstruct an entire factory that holding Ctrl and waving the mouse around for 30 fucking minutes. Their aversion to blueprints is also quite annoying when I need to manually make another smelter line or belt line.
All these small things will add up to become quite annoying over time, and with successive runs you'll just cheat a few conveniences in. Like unlocking all the alt recipes or giving yourself 5000 powershards just to save you time.

have they added anything substantial? last time i played (2020 i think it was) tier 7 was i think the highest. i remember gathering aluminum and building a shitload of stuff to process it to make more complicated things and i was using nuclear power.

my gf and i played co-op for 2 weeks straight literally playing all day and night, i worked slow building a perfectly ordered factory but i was always asking her if she had parts because she would be making a shit ton of resources from her spaghetti factory, to the point where i was just put of power station duty to keep up the power demand of her factory. well probably do that again in a few months when we have some time off work.

I don't really mind that to be honest, it's how things usually go for me with these kinds of games. even with something simple like Terraria starting over gives me an chance to take a different approach to or theme to building something and keeps the game fresh when those times for an update playthrough come along.

yes and no, i think they have done alot of balancing the middle tiers, and the progression. lots of changes to the map and machines and building and all that. some really nice quality of life, check out the coffee stain youtube channel and see the updates there if you are interested. imo its best to play for a few weeks a year because even though there are multiple updates a year its better to come back when a lot of shit has changed.

i think since 2020 they have changed 2 whole biomes and alot of the caves.

Wish I knew about the stacked conveyor belts when I started the game. My main hub was such a cyber favela. Btw, how long do the devs take between large updates?

Usually looking at 6-10 months between the big updates. The next update will be another map change and more stability changes.