Did they really duck Elden Ring?

Did they really duck Elden Ring?

Attached: 1636765130586.jpg (307x500, 67.77K)

Why does anybody want a sequel to a Zelda game anyway

yeah zelda 1 was enough

No, they clearly ducked Sonic Frontiers.

This. At this point Nintendo's just kind of going "t-three dozenth time's the charm," all the while they still don't know how to make good games to save their lives.

Maybe they saw what elden ring did and are trying to implement something similar. Pobably small/big dungeons, unique weapons instead of breakable ones. Who knows, I want to be optimistic.

lol

Either way I'm not playing with durability. I'm playing day one on which ever emulator runs it better on my hardware and will disable durability and other bullshit with mods just like I did in the first game. Absolute horrid design, nintendo should be ashamed.

That's exactly what they did, there's no reason they needed to push this extended DLC to six years after the original

It's funny with all the "botw clones" not a single one keeps broken weapons because everyone knows its garbage design

Out of all the dumb theories, this one sounds this least plausible. I'd sooner believe Nintendo delayed it to coincide its launch with new hardware or not to compete with Pokémon than Elden Ring having anything to do with it.

absolute state of nintendie coping

Why? BoTW already BTFO'd Elden Ring

Attached: 1625426285895.png (649x438, 180.79K)

Both are but BoTW wins the number wars.

The problem wasn’t that the weapons can break, it’s that you can’t maintain them to extend their life. Should’ve had a blacksmith in a few towns you could take weapons with low health to, who could then restore them to perfect condition for rupees. Have one smith in a hard-to-reach area that could change the special buff that weapons had, for a fee.

>game journalist opinion matters when they agree with the company i like

Attached: 1593815422694.png (1439x1633, 1.77M)

Damn that's crazy man. You know what would be an even better improvement instead of forcing people back to major hubs for no reason? Remove the whole fucking tedious system.

You know exactly what I mean you facetious piece of shit
Sick of these lazy assholes releasing the same game with 2 on the end of it
Imagine if after Wind Waker they made the announcement that they were hard at work on Wind Waker 2
It’s just not very interesting, if not entirely creatively bankrupt

Not him but not a great example, WW2 probably would've been good considering the amount of cut content that game had. I get your point however.

>make a rigid hierarchy of weapons that renders 99% of swords and shields obsolete the instant you decide to raid Hyrule Castle
There’s a reason this style of weapon progression went extinct in the late 90s. You haven’t thought this through.

you got me

Attached: 1542512700150.png (600x600, 172.21K)

I did. In fact I played it through twice and it was a much better experience. Yes, your other weapons should go into the trash the second you want to beat the game, or, if you want to be absurdly op early on by blatantly ignoring what the story is telling you and using your knowledge of the game to take on the castle with shit equipment and no food.
Keep coping nintendie, botw wasn't perfect, merely acceptable.

I'm sure it been pointed out already, but very obvious that it's a cross gen launch for the Switch 2.

I had no problem with the durable weapons when I played. I do think it’s retarded that the master sword has to recharge.

You should be able to keep your weapons, at least send damaged weapons to a smith that restore the durability at a cost, maybe.

cuck

No you stupid faggot, all Zelda games in the past 15+ years have been delayed constantly. BOTW was supposed to be "Zelda U" in 2014 but didn't get released until 2017 as BOTW. This is not new to Nintendo and anyone thinking they were prepared to release this game in 2022 after showing a one minute trailer and NO TITLE last year is a fucking retard. But you wouldn't know that because you're a FromSoftranny.

its not even a new game

>I want modern games to have the same mechanics as DOOM
Opinion discarded

they can't top it no matter how hard they try, but ninceldotards will worship it anyway