Now that the dust has settled, what went wrong?

Now that the dust has settled, what went wrong?

Attached: world-of-warcraft-classic-button-01-1566253968524.jpg (980x980, 212.75K)

Wasn't it super successful? Bungie killed it when they tried to charge people extra to transfer characters to BC servers. Should have just been free.

retarded people expected it to be something it wasn't. it was mostly fine for people who actually wanted to play vanilla, though.

Attached: 1637111084083.jpg (605x670, 184.39K)

Turns out it wasn’t wow classic we wanted. We wanted to be a kid again.
It’s gone forever.

>Bots not banned
>Level boosters not banned
>Modern addons to make the game even more retarded easy
>Leashes put on everything fun

I thought it was pretty neat. I never got to play back in the day. The world is so big, you could, like, keep walking forever.

Attached: Fy0tlz.jpg (1024x1024, 258.22K)

If I'm paying them I expect them to actually police bots and in game "gangs" that fuck everything up. Private servers were better protected than the live ones. Blizz sabotaged it.

That shit was there in original classic too.

Played it from start to finish, had a fucking blast on my pvp realm. Not as good as Nost but pretty close

Bots were the only annoying part but the impact wasn't that big

don't forget using one of the later patches in vanillas life cycle and a lot of raids and dungeons being super nerfed as a result

vanilla is a shit game, tbc is too easy, both have been solved games for a decade

the best part of WoW is the leveling experience. End game shit is so cancer and boring.

>bots
fair
>in game gangs
fucking with player agency. the solution to the devilsaur mafia is a larger force of players ousting them, not crying to the GMs

Thought you did, but didn't.

Not at the level it was at in classic. I played both and the staggering amount of RMT bots completely destroyed the economy before the first month was even finished. You couldn't go anywhere without seeing a dozen+ bots that were NEVER banned no matter how many people reported them.

we wanted vanilla wow, instead they gave us wow with all the modern cancer like boosting and ingame purchases

asmongold played ffxiv. i fucking hate traitors like him

Attached: What's Wrong.gif (480x270, 3.12M)

end game raiding is fun but I think the weekly lockout kinda sours it. I get they want people to play for longer and the lockout helps but it only really made me play less

Nothing, vanilla was great

Mostly it's Blizzard being incompetent like these anons already said But there is something else.
Anyone who has played private servers already knows that WoW servers have no staying power. The population is going to peak on release and then drop pretty fast because everyone wants the FRESH meme. Which is understandable because WoW is the most soulful when all the zones, especially low level ones, are full of people. Everybody is tired of sitting in capitals and grinding for loot at max level.
The only way to stay up is to either release new content like retail or periodically re-release the expansion so that everything is fresh again.

no one plays games to play games, its all about time spent must = "reward" /progress

people that raid logged classic were never part of the core classic group

tbc launch and letting people level boost killed the old world, back in the day you could make a new char on a med pop server and people would be rerolling all the time

mmos died when internet really took off, no one talks in game anymore thanks to having all my friends in discord.

it also sucks every mmo only lasts 1-2 months before everyone burns out from metagaming so hard or some shit p2w update always hits

I only played it back in the day. Those who have played both og and classic, how different it is now? I suspect everyone is a minmaxing autismo, the chat is heavily moderated and the majority is defending sjw politics.

Group dynamics are nothing like it was back in the day. That’s for sure. Everything feels like it’s on steroids and everyone acts like an asshole.

Attached: why wont the elements listen to me.jpg (500x274, 34.89K)

Nothing went wrong, WoW Classic is amazing and you and others like you just enjoy moaning and tearing things down , because you are so devoid of happiness in your like that you wish to take it away from others.

Why do you think that is? I remember when I tried MoP everyone was "hunter" or "mage" or just his class, replaceable and forgettable, because thousands of other players were waiting in queue and there was no reputation to hold, no server community because of cross realm. But classic doesn't have xrealm right? There is no queueing into dungeons, etc. Did the generation mentality simply change into more degenerate?

I remember how great the community used to be back in 2006.

I've only played pservers, but the changes can be seen there too.
>everyone is a minmaxing autismo
It's this and people also don't socialize like they used to. People have been trained to use all these "quality of life" tools and addons for a decade, it's just not the same anymore.

was more concerned with streamers pretty much owning entire servers because of the mobs they brought with them.

your choice to play on faerlina. you can't opt to play on a megaserver and then not have the types of people that megaservers are built on, or otherwise attract

Back then it felt like most people had never played an MMO before or used the internet much. It’s different now.