Adeptus Mechanicus

Is it any good? Gameplay looks a bit boring though, please tell me there's other units you'll eventually unlock?

Attached: latest-21.jpg (720x960, 129.15K)

Outside of your main Tech-Priests you get Servitors, Rangers, Ranger Alphas, Vanguard, Vanguard Alphas, Kataphron Breachers and Kastelan Robots

Is that all of the faction's actual army?

It's okay. Pretty short but if you like x-com and are a 40kfag you'll have a good time with it.
Great OST by the way.

Theres way more for admech (40k doesnt even have most of the units from 30k and theres loads more that dont even have models on tabletop) but for that game you dont really need much for the game its fine on its own. Theyre most cannon fodder for your priests anyway.

Its a fun little game, and one of the good 40k games.
Missions can be a bit tedious after a while, especially in the second half of the game where the maps and enemies are getting recycled and your tech priests turn OP.
The base gameplay is like x-com but very simplified(I like the moves through cognition mechanic) and the rng is a bit stupid and for that I dont recommend playing iron man mode. However, this game has a 10/10 sound design. Anything from its OST and its sounds(voices, guns etc) are top tier and for that it deserves one playthrough.
The graphics are cute as well except from the fact that they have gone way overboard with its depth of field blurriness.
Its story is basic just mechanicus finding a planet full of necrons and want to stop them from waking up while stealing shit from them but the tech priests on the caestus metallican have interesting personalities that fit well with the 40k logic.
Just dont play it on a base ps4 because it looks like shit there.

Attached: 1640883594874.jpg (2432x1200, 1.43M)

>Like XCOM
But you can't put your units behind cover?

You can take cover behind very big stuff like walls or collumns, but most of the times there is barely any kind of cover so you need to know what distance you need to keep your priests/support units from the necrons. Also there is no hit chance system. If your weapons can reach your enemy, then you are good to go. This might be weird at first, but it will be manageable after a while. In fact, around mid/late game, you will be able to "break" the game's movement rules and waddle around the maps like a pro in one single turn. The late game for me had become a bet on whether I can kill every fucking necron on the map in a single round or not.

never liked the adeptus mechanicus, so they worship computers and stuff? i guess are cool, i like tech cults but i never felt it fit right in the 40k universe when you have the likes of the chaos gods and the emperor who are very much real and powerful

the machine spirit or omnissiah or whatever is also very real and powerful

isnt that just ai/emperor doing stuff and then said it was the roboghosts

worshipping computers becomes a real issue when your tank gets grumpy and refuses to drive forward unless you sing the right hymn to it

It's a fun game, but it does get old after a while. I've gotten fairly far into two playthroughs, but never actually finished it.
It's great fun turning one of your priests into a giga-autist turbo schizo who circumnavigates the entire map several times per turn.

they're willing to pretend the emprah is the omnissiah but it's more a political than religious dogma. The actual omnissiah is the dragon sleeping inside mars, I think, but I'm sure some /tg/ frien can clear things up for us.

yeah but then it's basically just AI with megalomania and god complex, not actual magical spirits

Nah I always digged mechanicus and this game made me appreciate them more. They can fight as well (this is how they took over Mars for themselves), but their main task in 40k is to preserve knowledge and pretty much supply humanity with technology

But Abominable Intelligences are evil while Machine Spirits are holy.

Most Reddit opinion Ive ever seen.

dont get me wrong i fucking love transhumanism, technomancy, bionic augmentation and the likes, mixing technology and religion is great
i just think its kinda weird to worship stuf like that when theres physucal gods around
its just not at the same level, so can it even be considered divine

theyre the exact same thing

A chaos dameon is an extension of a Chaos god's will.
A machine spirit is 'often' an extension of the Omnissiah's will depending of which of the 8+ interpretations you wish to believe.

Its the same with Waaagh energy and Gork and Mork. They arent invalidated by the presence of the 4 edge lords, so why should Admech be with regards to the Omnissiah?

no, machine spirits are kept below the level of intelligence required to make them sentient.
they tried that once and it went poorly

There is no truth in flesh, only betrayal.
There is no strength in flesh, only weakness.
There is no constancy in flesh, only decay.
There is no certainty in flesh but death.

Comparisons to XCOM are stupid. The games are nothing alike other than being in the same genre. It'd be like comparing Doom to STALKER: nothing valuable is conveyed.

gork and mork exist because of ork magic where if they believe in something very hard it becomes real so it makes sense for them to believe even harded

I get your point, but why not? Technology was the thing that saved and united mechanicus in the first place and keep in mind that humanity's tech during is peak was absolutely powerful impossible to conceive in the 40k universe. Also, the themes like faith always appear when humanity is cornered. After horus heresy, humanity felt vulnerable and without a leader so they resorted into a middle aged like practice of faith in order to keep the flames of hope alive via worshipping god emperor.
So mechanicus placing their faith into the knowledge and machines that saved them and keep them alive long after their human lifecycle is over, is a miracle on its own that must be having a some kind of source; a deity that provides it to them. Make no mistake there mechanicus factions that worship chaos gods and that Omnissiah thing is probably a malevolent deity (c'tan) that is up to no good like the c'tan that gave necrontier their cursed immortality