Disco Elysium

It has a super duper low discount on steam right now, is it worth picking up ? How pozzed is it ?

Attached: 1648551270258.jpg (1920x1308, 2.26M)

good point and click but you should unironically pirate it to respect the authors' original vision

It's absolutely worth it.
Not very pozzed.
Theres definitely some communist larping thats actually an idiot trap.
The game does a good job of identifying and predicting when players are falling into an ideology or pathology and then calls you an idiot for it.
Pretty cool.

You can be as fascist or commie or neolib or etc. as you want.

If you unironically use the word "pozzed" you will find something in this game to get offended by

>is it worth picking up ?
Yes.
>How pozzed is it ?
Only as much as you are, you choose your political alignment.

Really ? Sounds great then

fippity bippity

Yeah, I'm a racist sexist anti commie pig, and the game is a lot of fun
I'm a goddamned rockstar fucking detective, bitches

no combat, get it if you wanna read. interesting setting, it takes a bit to find out you're not on earth. if you pick all the commie options everyone thinks you're a bloodthirsty psycho that wants to execute everyone with a bank account.

Great game, great story, there's politics but you'll only be offended if you're looking to be offended. Have fun :)

One of the best games that came out in recent years. It and Yakuza 0 - are the games that - if you feel burned out from games , like you dnt feel the joy of playing anymore - you fire them up and guess what you have tons of fun , cant put down the controller etc - it's not you , it's just that the games were complete shite .

It's propaganda, it's not a video game.

elaborate

Yeah, cant wait to be boxed into an ideology just cause i have spicy takes.
These sorts of games allways lean on a paradigm of ideology you are meant to follow while others are caricatures at best

I mean, if your "spicy takes" are "kill all niggers" and "kikes run the banks" it makes sense to put you with the "fascist" type don't you think ?

You can have multiple ideologies at once, and since they all get shit on you can’t really say they’re pushing you towards one.

>cant wait to be boxed into an ideology
Yeah Moralism is kinda OP and the meta

There is an irony that is being lost on you
You can be worried about gang related violence and the fact that "thug culture" is a blight on society without watting to commit genocide.
Or that jewish culture has a huge problem with nepotism that leads to them taking a worrisome amount of position in power doesnt mean i want to reignite the reich

You made this same thread yesterday.

best rpg of the 10's. HOWEVER it is extremely text heavy

It is a lot of fun, the only real complaint I have is that there's not much replayability

Be honest, are you just using this thread as a way to vent your real life political opinions?

Its what everyone does
When in rome
Its also my my main gripe with politics in vydia but thats that

Most people are content to just talk about a thing without involving real world social issues, it's like going on a rant about trannies in a tf2 thread

All medics are trannies though

Thats hardly out of ordinary here tho
Besides DE is a pretty politically charged game so such discussion is hardly out of place

I do not like the developers or how the political views are not displayed equally caricatured, displaying an obvious preferrence.

The game itself outside of that is enjoyable, if there was a lore audiobook, that'd be cool, the soundtrack reminds me of my home, the voice-overs are very well done, and Kim is a bro.

disco elysium is definitely biased but then again all art is

>Thats hardly out of ordinary here tho
It kind of is, especially since these threads usually get ruined by someone who brings real world politics into it, and it always starts with the same dumb argument bait