Nintendo is going multi-media

>Production on Mario's animated film is in it's final stages, Nintendo is impressed with what the team has created. So much so that Nintendo has publicly announced that producer, Chris Meledandri, will be overlooking future Nintendo productions and have been discussing sequels and spin-offs. It's in it's early stages but a direct-to-video Donkey Kong film has been green lit and a stop-motion Yoshi television series has been discussed but nothing has been made yet. I have no further details on either projects. A sequel to Mario's movie has been green lit and will feature Wario as the main villain and a third movie is in planning stages and although pitches have been made, nothing has officially come out of it.
>As for Pokemon, a live action series is at the works at Netflix. Details are scarce unfortunately. Detective Pikachu 2 has been completely scrapped, that was confirmed a little while ago.
>The stop-motion Star Fox series has been scrapped due to Netflix leaking it and, unlike The Legend Of Zelda, Nintendo is not planning to make a Star Fox TV series or movie anytime soon.
>The Legend Of Zelda is getting a theatrical movie by Legendary Pictures. Nintendo and Legendary have already agreed on it's story and the team have been looking for a screenwriter and directors to be attached with the project.

I'm just as in the dark of these projects as you are, but I think the move Nintendo is playing is very smart. Adapting these IPs will for sure strengthen brand recognition. I'm particularly excited for the LOZ film.

Attached: nintendo-visual-content-expansion-2.large.jpg (1280x720, 62.57K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/shorts/oHmtZMrgS5U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

THIS SUMMER

It's all gonna be shit unless proven otherwise.

Why no mario cartoon

Will Mario Movie be poggers?

So these fags are actually scared of chadnic? kek imagine being a nintenfag

wario movie sounds cool tho

Attached: chadsonic.png (937x1113, 321.43K)

I've heard Mario and other characters from his movie will be in the Yoshi television series. As far as I know, there has been no plans to make a cartoon starring Mario.

still waiting on the second fire emblem anime

>stop motion yoshi
Sounds perfect
>pokemon
>netflix
Both are shit, sounds like a good matchup
The meeting isn't til the end of next month, so I'm still suspect on what you are talking about, but I remember reading about a Zelda series for Netflix being in development and Nintendo dropping it.
One more thing, why the fuck does Nintendo need to work with oter film companies to make films, all that will happen is these companies will gain the IP for film and sit on it like they do with everything else, Nintendo have the resources to just buy out a studio and work with a distributor, and why hollywood?

I can't believe that people actually watch these trashy live action things. Like holy fuck, I couldn't be less interested in a thing and genuinely cannot fathom why others are.

>why the fuck does Nintendo need to work with oter film companies to make films, all that will happen is these companies will gain the IP for film and sit on it like they do with everything else, Nintendo have the resources to just buy out a studio and work with a distributor, and why hollywood?

Nintendo believes that making a video game and making a movie are two very different processes, so working with filmmaking experts is preferable to them. As to why they just don't buy another studio, no clue.

That's nice but can they make better video games?

I just don't understand how any of these are going to work when Nintendo has proven time and again that they don't want to take any risks with their IPs, for the most part. All the Mario characters, while cute and entertaining enough for vidya, have no real personality. Now a movie is the place to expand that obviously but they've been so adamant at shutting down any attempts to veer out of the Mario comfort zone (i.e., neutering Paper Mario) that I don't know how this is gonna work.

>Zelda movie

voice acting ruined BOTW

only if you played in english

From what I've heard the voice acting was pretty bad in all languages, for speakers of those languages.

But I don't speak Japanese so it sounds good to me since all nips sound the same.

could have had morgan freeman whispering sweet nothings in my ear from beedle, it still doesn't feel right to hear actual talking in a zelda game

>Zelda movie
>
>voice acting ruined BOTW
wrong. the cutscenes would be awkward without it
and regular dialogue isn't even voiced

the cutscenes were pretty awkward with voice acting anyways

A Zelda movie could be kino as fuck, but it could also be absolute trash. Who would even play Link?

youtube.com/shorts/oHmtZMrgS5U

here's all the voice acting you need

Idris Elba

>Detective Pikachu 2 has been completely scrapped
why

He could play Ganondorf

I just want an FE anime adaptation

Attached: 1640439748438.jpg (415x387, 12.35K)

they were fine