Is it just me or are the bosses in elden ring really bad mechanically

>input reading the worst its ever been
>bosses can chain their combo into other combos if they imput read you trying to attack
>many bosses have delayed AOE damage so if you roll out of the way you can still get hit by their shockwave
>anime shit where bosses accelerate from 0 to 100mph to bolt accross the arena to punish you for healing even though you already got proper distance between y ou
>bosses that refuse to fucking stagger at all on your hits for seemingly no reason,
>final boss has magic spam and sword swings that cover nearly the whole arena when he swings
>that fucking combo that melania does
>her fucking healing
>all the fucking stomping AOE moves that come lighting fast and cover huge fuckign areas
>every fucking move now has delayed wind up and homing for seemingly no fucking reason other than to be a "gotcha" moment

Its honestly just kind of annoying to fight and I don't like the way they're taking the boss design from a mechanic standpoint. I don't know if they're trying to incentivize people to use summons or what.. I miss sekiro and just being able to parry shit

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 185.3K)

Agreed. I cleared everything but I didn't actually improve. I just facerolled until I memorised enough, because that's frankly how most of the bosses were designed to be beaten.

The wind up is such bs as it's always to much to get a move out so you're just waiting for your moment. The real issue is actually how most bosses hit boxes are not refined enough, a lot of the fist weapons seemly miss for no reason.

agreed, although it seems like some bosses its not even a set full animation. so if you take the time to attack them when they're winding it up then they just speed it up for no reason and hit you immediately.

You are correct. Fromsoft's next game desperately needs a change of pace or a drastic switchup in mechanics because the evolution of souls bosses has made them all predictable and unfun.

how the fuck are 80% of co-op attempts on this guy still fails?

because he's bullshit and his aoe's make it hard to properly dodge

This bullshit started with the DS1 DLC
Sekiro and BB were made by the A team

That is not input reading. Bosses are just programmed to chain more attacks if you are close and in front of them. Elden Ring is all about getting behind attacks. The direction you are rolling matters. Its less of an iframe minigame than the other modern Souls games.

>Radagon was this close to being a good boss, >then Fromsoft gave him an instant teleport
>with hitboxes that stagger you
>that he can use to reset his combos without warning
I'm so tired of this bullshit

Attached: 1639932852304.jpg (669x669, 36.99K)

I'm just glad to see that I"m not the only one here seething about radagon and how cheap a ton of his moves feel

Attached: 1636135132650.jpg (311x420, 33.52K)

They are bad, but so are a large amount of the enemies. I still like the game overall because you can level past the shit bosses in the beginning, but the shit bosses/enemies at the end are not fun. It sucks because the game could be so much better than what it already is.

>Elden Ring is all about getting behind attacks. The direction you are rolling matters
bosses can turn 360 degrees on all of their attacks, they can hit you from anywhere

the worst part is if you try to heal once and sometimes he will stunlock the FUCK out of you. and then phase two you can get hard fucking punished by his insta teleport explode. the amount of switchups he has is crazy too.

>press heal button
>he leaps 50 feet across the arena, deletes 40% or more of your health in one swing, and stunlocks you to death

how did we go from sekiro to this shit?

Attached: 1646697094778.jpg (1012x1018, 478.78K)

>anime style leap
>five finger beam blast
>thunderbolt from zeus himself (two in phase two)

>nothing personal kid

>Radagon
>Power stancing greathammers
>More stagger and less dmg physik
>Spam L1
>Win first phase in 30 seconds
To this day, I dont know his moveset.

And I agree with you OP, bosses are sketchy this time around. Blatantly open input reading feels cheap but I can guess why they did it.

>play shield
>Radagon can't do anything

This exactly. It's the Dark Souls 2 flavour of shit but they trick you at first with Dark Souls 3 aesthetics kino

>input reading
Great, it spices things a bit. Also, the charge cancel on curved swords is useful for PvE.
>input reading chaining
Just threat it as an unfinished combo. It adds more depth to combat, so not an issue foe me.
>AOE
Jump. Again, more depth, just like in sekiro you had 2 counters.
>0 to 100mph on healing
I only remember crucible knight doing this... which is fine, since it's part of his fight.
>stagger
Great. Stunlocking bosses was awful.
>last boss
You can just roll from the sword attacks. The magic was indeed cancer tho.
>malenia combo
You can bait that attack, just needs some practice.
>her healing
Just a boss mechanic.
>stomp AOE
Jump
>delayed
The delayed moves with input reading are retarded, since they only eat your time. They are few though, all other delayed moves are great, they reward experienced players from learning the timings to get some extra hits in.

Lol lmao, most bosses can't keep up with you circling them at walking pace.

not just you. start a new game, go straight to margit, try to beat him without taking damage.

get fucked lawl