Is Elden Ring a good game to start with if I haven't played any Souls-like before?

Is Elden Ring a good game to start with if I haven't played any Souls-like before?

Attached: TheElderRings.jpg (1920x1085, 887.77K)

Sure why not.

no, you're going to get raped real bad

if you're not scared of the difficulty and you're willing to learn from your mistakes, then it's probably fine, but the other games are infinitely more forgiving (especially the first dark souls)

it's probably the best one to start with

I think it's the best one to start with. I started with this one and played Sekiro after beating it, the first 3 hours of that game is a LOT harder than Elden Ring

yea, open world lets you go at your own pace and you dont have to stay stuck to a boss youre having trouble with

fools like were under level

>y-you were under leveled
precisely my point then you brainlet, you can't be underleveled in the other souls games because they're much more linear and you're more or less expected to go the way you just unlocked and the game's difficulty is adjusted for you, this isn't the case here and you will be raped over and over again because nothing's pointing you in the direction you should be going
>inb4 grace rays
ah yes, I'm sure all these new players rushing margit at level 15 were pretty happy with the grace mechanic!

No play DS2

Okay, the way Elden Ring compares to Dark Souls is incredibly similar. But the way Elder Scrolls III fits with Dark Souls III comes into it with so much baggage. It feels like you've been told how to play the game, and it takes that off your radar completely. You can read my review, here . Also, look at how many new quests are added in Dark Souls III, how many new things are added to the game that need to be solved somehow, and how long one game takes in Dark Souls III to complete. Some have their reasons for being cut out, some don't, and it all goes back to the ending. But the problem is, the ending is so repetitive that to be genuinely good is to be completely lost. In Oblivion the ending really was about trying to get through the next chapter like a bunch of people on a long journey, and in Oblivion this is exactly the same for the entire game. Everything is not at all in alignment. I'm sure some even felt bad for saying it, but it's a huge disappointment. I'm just so happy I can do this review now. I wish I could say that even the best games, at least so far, are made with those limitations in mind. The Dark Souls III ending wasn't too bad. I've played the rest of it in its entirety on countless occasions now, and it's still a pleasure to play all over again.

>calls others brainlet
>can't handle playing a game that doesn't tell him exactly where to go at all times

This.

>missing the point
>not reading the OP and the argument the discussion is based on
>replying anyways and passing for a retard
sasuga Any Forums

Using every tool the game allows and it is the easiest one bar DeS and DS2, so you’ll be fine. Just don’t beeline to every story area.

Elden Ring, Dark Souls, Demons Souls, Bloodborne
Any of those should be your first, but only because DS2 is dogshit outside of its DLC packs, and 3 is best appreciated as the direct sequel to 1.
Elden Ring is probably your best bet though, as it has a short, yet adequate tutorial in place, and has the best overall difficulty curve out of any of the games, while still offering the player tons of alternative routes to explore when they're stuck.

Be warned however that after you've played it, Demons Souls, Dark Souls, and Dark Souls 2 will feel incredibly archaic in comparison, regardless of what nostalgiafags want you to think.
Once you've finished with ER or whatever one you chose, play Sekiro for a similar, yet highly streamlined and tight action take on the souls style world-design and gameplay. It's a very good game.
Oh, and regardless of what its fanboys tell you, Bloodborne is like 95% dark souls style gameplay at its core, and can be approached very similarly for the most part.

>you can't be underleveled in the other souls games
people do it on purpose all the time. If you're an idiot who keeps losing your souls, you'll be stuck under-leveled

I would say yes, it has the most tools to beat it and is one of the most interesting worlds to explore.
but come with the idea that this is not like other modern games and you will have to change your way of approaching things in comparison, this game drops you in the world and tells you to go at it and everything has to be seen in that way, "oh I feel like I am under-leveled, well go out there and look for dungeons or side content we are not stopping you" and that ties to one of the other things that I like about this game and is that playing the content is almost always better than just doing a rune farm because you will come out of the side content not only stronger but with more tools in your arsenal.

There's a good and bad side to it
>Good : properly shows the player that you succeed with thorough exploration, and that it should be your focus
>Bad : bad perspective on how boss/enemy design would be in the previous games

No. it's a shit game for retards and trannies like every other fromshit title. stay far away.

Attached: 729AB05A-7024-4F17-953A-15E99D9733E9.jpg (583x566, 93.68K)

no ypui stipid casual fuck
you play dark souls 1-> dark souls 2 -> bloodborne -> dark souls 3 -> sekiro
and THEN you have the right to play elden kino stupid ffaggt

No you should play a good one like Bloodborne or Dark Souls 2.

>random tranny obsession
disgusting fromnigger