Thoughts about the Ori games? 3rd when?

Thoughts about the Ori games? 3rd when?

Attached: ori-1.jpg (800x450, 130.88K)

Never because the developer is a pice of shit
I love will of the wisps tough, and hope Microsoft expand the ip because i want more and can't find anything like this game

how come?

Great games but I'm pretty satisfied with how WotW ended. I don't need a 3rd.

I really enjoyed both and was very pleasantly surprised with the gameplay improvements in 2. I would love a 3 but the way they did 2 I get the impression they're not planning another for awhile. That's mainly based on the way the story went in 2; it felt like they were rushing to close out this series.

Because the dev didn't want to get acquired by Microsoft and they can't work on another game because Ori is Microsoft ip
Me too but this doesn't mean that another game can't be made

>make thing
>thing belongs to someone else
>can't make other thing
HUH!

>surprised with the gameplay improvements in 2
all they did is copy reddit knight which made 2 worse in every aspect
1 is the superior game

First game was good. 2nd game, while technically better, is just a retread and has no direction other than copying Hollow Knight.

The original release of Ori 1 is a masterpiece, a perfectly constructed game. The """""definitive""""" edition fucked it up by giving the player access to extremely overpowered exploration abilities very early on which enable them trivialize most of the subsequent content. Ori 2 took this stupidity even further by making most of the game nonlinear, which makes it feel progressively looser and less satisfying as it goes on due to the abilities you unlock allowing you to skip past most of the actual level design. Ori 2 also pushes the player to spend more time in menus with its equippable charms, which are a completely superfluous addition probably just mindlessly copied from Hollow Knight along with all the other RPG elements which were shoehorned in. On top of all that, the story in Ori 2 is shit while also taking up a lot more time than the story in Ori 1.

I didn't know that about the definitive edition. What was changed?
t. halfway through DE

To work on another game they have to ask Microsoft, another dev team could probably make another game but i don't know if it will be the same thing
Stop with this meme, there's literally nothing added that wasn't already in other games before hk, you can literally say that Ori inspired this trend of making cute character metroidvania but no one even know that ori came out before hk

>What was changed?
The areas where you gain the throwable fireball and dash abilities were added in the definitive edition. Those abilities were not in the original game and none of the original areas have been reworked to counteract how easy they make it to gain huge amounts of vertical and horizontal jump distance, meaning you barely need to engage with the level design anymore.

That's weird, it seemed pretty natural to me. Can I get the original edition any more?

Isn't what everyone like in metroidvania nowadays the """non linearity""", in my opinion the definitive edition is great and i would like even more areas but i know it would have been too much for such a small team
Honestly i agree i didn't like much of the story in ori 2 but the ending saved it, and the platforming is top notch

If you buy it on steam u will get both, original and definitive.
Or you can just play devinitive edition without going to that extra location until you finish the game

didn't they get cancelled or something?

I completely skipped that area when i first played it and when i discovered it i was so happy, and honestly is probably the best area i have ever seen and played in any 2d game, even from ori 2

Nobody said HK originated any of the things Ori copied but you're delusional if you think HK didn't influence a lot of the design choices of later metroidvanias. There's too many similarities.

The Metroid-esque elements of the original Ori are very minor, its strength is in its platforming gameplay. The addition of more nonlinearity has not improved the series, as it inherently waters-down the platforming by allowing you to skip past it if you already have super powerful movement abilities obtained in a different area.

>To work on another game they have to ask Microsoft, another dev team could probably make another game but i don't know if it will be the same thing
Yeah I understand, but it's disgusting how an artist can't make another piece of creative work if he feels inspired, because some rich corpo fuckers own the rights to the art and can ruin the man by law if he makes stuff without them getting a piece of profit out of the new work
no sane human would say this is ok

Even if they did, the game doesn't try and doesn't want to be played as an hollow knight and probably the majority just play it expecting the same thing when it's really not and just think it's a flaw, but in reality it's just that it's not meant to be like hollow knight but an ori game

>Or you can just play devinitive edition without going to that extra location until you finish the game
Unfortunately some of the puzzles that reward life/magic upgrades in the original areas have been altered to require the new abilities to complete them, so the game does push you to do the new areas as soon as possible.