Hideki Kamiya is simply a superior game director

Hideki Kamiya is simply a superior game director

Attached: Kamiya.jpg (900x600, 302.21K)

You are the last Kamiyafag in existence other than the potato nigger.

Too bad he doesn't direct games anymore

I want a proper Bayonetta remaster that makes the graphics prettier/less washed-out, and improve the QTE/mini-game sequences.

Project G.G. will be the best game ever made if Platinum doesn't go under first

The potatonigger simply has superior intellect and knows a good games when he sees them

Attached: kotori.jpg (988x1600, 797.04K)

That list really doesn't look that good in retrospect
>RE2
not important in any way, was respected as a good game but RE stuff was laughable to pc players at that time, regressive, people love RE because they didn't have a PC
>DMC
have to give him that one
>Viewtiful Joe
not important, played by few people, too hard to enjoy
>Okami
game is famous example of its design shooting itself in the foot, combat is horrible, this does not establish him as a good director, rather the opposite.
>Bayonetta
just DMC again, not important in any way
>TW101
Totally not important at any way. Nobody cares about this game. If it were good people would go out of their way to emulate it, and they don't, nobody cares about it. Looks too complex on purpose.

I did not like DMC3 nor W101. Controls feel so clunky, I don't get why they're popular at all

All of those games suck, maybe except for re2

Do you only play historically significant games or something? lmao? What a strange post.

He didn't make DMC3 he made the good one (DMC1)

No, but I've just played basically the entire history of gaming, and was there

the games that truly decide who matters in terms of directing are games that are influential. if games have no influence at all, the director wasn't good.

DMC obviously had a lot of influence, but he cannot take credit for that, tht was a huge project with many of capcoms best employees on it. nothing else he did mattered at all, in fact he made games that are annoying to play and feel bad

>Viewtiful Joe
>too hard to enjoy
That sounds like a you being bad at video games problem

if you're not baiting, seek a psychiatrist

This is completely retarded. Kamiya made great games and not every great game has been influential
>tht was a huge project with many of capcoms best employees on it. nothing else he did mattered at all
The opposite's been confirmed too many times to count. Either provide proof of your claim or retract.
iin fact he made games that are annoying to play and feel bad
false, but just say your opinion instead of making up reasons to try to buffer this opinion

Blocked

>RE2 > RE1
>DMC1 > ANY DMC
>BAYONETTA > ANY ACTION GAME EVER
>OKAMI > ANY GAME EVER
>WONDERFUL 101 > ANY FLOP EVER
>VIEWTIFUL JOE BASED

or maybe its just not fun and the people who think it is are the people who think they can prove some shit about being good at video games with a single player game

theres a reason people dont talk about VJ anymore, and it was jerkoffcore in early Any Forums, i was there also.

the reason is his games are autistic about fast control inputs which is just jerkoff 90s design philosophy in gaming

i owned 3 neo geos i dont need every single player game to be a neo geo comp fighting game

his magnum opus, okami, is a game nobody talks about becuase it stops being fucking fun to play after dragging on forever- a failure squarely on the director

>his magnum opus, okami, is a game nobody talks about
It's literally his most normiecore game that women and faggots cannot stop talking about it being a cult classic le hidden gem

P* and Kamiya hasn't made a good game in a while and their glory days are far behind. W101 was the last albeit best.

The problem with VJ isn't that it's too hard, it's that the game boils down to slow mo zoom in punch spam.

not really when the game is brought up more often than not whats talked about is how it overstays its welcome and has non fun repetitive combat

so much unnecessary god awful combat its like an old jrpg with battles every 4 steps, and those are the games this guy worships. jerkoff shit from another era

he just isnt relevant, is a failure, and is a jerkoff. oh also he's a turbomanlet

ah maybe it was too hard fo rme cause i didn't use the FAQ :^)

i dont play games to be frustrated, pretty funny for people to call me casul over VJ though, during the same era I was playing in invite only quake3 tournaments with money prizes

NieR:Automata was excellent but it was mostly because it was a Yoko Taro game with good gameplay, without his story the game would be considered decent-mediocre. The gameplay is just MGR but with balance completely thrown out the window.

>the reason is his games are autistic about fast control inputs
he's not the only one who does that. Most fast-paced action games do.
>his magnum opus, okami, is a game nobody talks about becuase it stops being fucking fun to play after dragging on forever
His magnum opus is Bayonetta. You're just not an action game guy, and that's fine

Kamiya's made multiple successful games and is an industry legend.

>NieR:Automata was excellent

it really wasn't though, people who say this aren't separating out the game from its constituent parts

it literally looks like a ps2 game, the game contains the bullshit play-it-again mechanic which artifically lengthens the game or means it repeats content (you cant have it both ways saying it does neither of these things), basically all side quests are just HP sponges, etc

its a 7/10 game that could have been a 10/10 game. still rare, but many of us stopped after one ending

>he's not the only one who does that. Most fast-paced action games do.
I mean in retrospect releasing VJ in that state was asking to throw their money into the toilet, same for tw101

i dont know why people think people are into that stuff anymore its a remnant of the past

>His magnum opus is Bayonetta.

your magnum opus can't be something that does zero new things compared to your start. Bayonetta is his *least* relevant game, as it's just DMC.

>and is an industry legend.

not really, he directed more unsuccessful/money losing games than successful ones

you think he's an industry legend because you don't know this industry. i know this industry like the back of my hand and he doesn't approach earning that label. there are literal trannies from the 80s far more relevant than him.

he's a meme on Any Forums. a meme, not a legend, learn the difference

>not really, he directed more unsuccessful/money losing games than successful ones
RE2: Sold a fuckton
DMC: Sold a fuckton
VJ: Sold enough for three sequels and an anime
Okami: Sold poorly initially but is now considered a classic and probably made it up with the HD version
Bayonetta: Sold a lot, at least over a million
TW101: The only actual flop
So 5/6 successful games, you fucking retard. Do your research.

>Automata
>good gameplay

>I don't actually know if the games sold, I'll just say they did

you don't know the industry enough to do this with me

Are you really denying that RE2, DMC, and Bayonetta were massive successes

>not really, he directed more unsuccessful/money losing games than successful ones
This isn't true at all.

Bayonetta was considered a sales failure
RE2 and DMC were not, obviously

he also directed scalebound which was canceled, losing a hundred million dollars. I like how you conveniently forgot that one completely.

The studio that was basically created for the guy closed, because he failed to be worth it.

He isn't a legend and he's more unsuccessful than successful. Since RE2 bears basically no marks of his design, I'm going to assume that his title as director was less meaningful there, which it's why it's the best game with his name on it. Funny how that works.