When will it be topped? surely AAA studios have the funds and devs to do it?!

when will it be topped? surely AAA studios have the funds and devs to do it?!

Attached: zeldur.jpg (250x274, 26.34K)

Are you seriously so brainwashed by Any Forums and/or THAT much of a nostalgiafag? OOT is nothing special by today's standards.

It never will be. I used to think gaming would only get better. But it gets worse

how many games do:
-playable instrument allowed for a multitude of different castable spells.
-ztargeting that allows you to lock onto enemies and strafe them, recenter the camera, and peer around corners all without an additional analog stick.
-Navi is a interactive guidance system as a character.
-a rideable mount to get around the huge hubworld, teleportation between important locations, and shortcuts at various junctures.
-you could see locations far off in the distance like death mountain from hyrule field or kakariko village from death mountain and go there.
-face buttons you could reassign items to.
-the menu system is an intuitive cube you rotate to the information and your equipment is visibly attached and detached from your portrait.
-choreographed combat where when you see an enemy guarding it's blocking, and when it lowers its guard it's vulnerable.
-you automatically jump when talking off of ledges with momentum, drop and jump to grabs, all without the need for another button.
-the context sensitive action button literally everything uses, in OoT it told you simple words what would happen should you press it.
-attention to detail such as shadows that rotated around the character in relation to light sources, water that reflected objects, and rooms being blanketed in darkness when enemies sap light from the room to hurl as weapons.

>tomorrow theme

Perhaps but money can't buy everything as they say, so they can't buy passion.

Never, it was the height of video games
Everything before then was slowly ascending in quality, then OoT comes out and everything afterwards has been a slow descent
Nothing could touch it

>surely AAA studios have the funds
That's not what makes a good game.

It's hard to "top" it because of the influence it had on the gaming world.

While I do think OOT has the most "balanced" features all being good, WW, TP and even SS all do certain aspects such as music, controls, dungeons etc better, but some worse.

When was the last time you played a game?

i honestly believe that if there were an earnest attempt to replicate the game in virtually every capacity AND implement new mechanics and systems then it could be topped; just look at home many people claim Majora's Mask is superior by virtue

He's upset that the Dark Souls games and Elden Ring surpassed his childhood nostalgia game. I'm guessing all of the Elden Ring threads are triggering him hard and that he's a lifelong nintendie who can't play it.

be serious, what games do all of that and more? because we both know the answer to that. this game came out in 1998, and nothing can surpass it

Dark Souls hasn't surpassed it, and tacking open world onto it wasn't a very good idea imho, now it's no longer Dark Souls since like BotW you can just bugger off if something is too tough

Muh Skyrim muh assassin's Creed
Lmao
Those games are trash and you know it. As trash as botw

Passion and ambition is gone from the world
Now everything has to be self aware and ironic like muh nick cartoons from muh childhood!! Ugh this is so cringe am I right audience winkwink

Seek help and maybe a console without caps about to leak

I got all achievements in Elden and it’s nothing special. I have no desire to play it again. The open world is just feels like cheap Chinese crap. I prefer quality over quantity. Unfortunately, Genshin and botw have ruined games, now everyone follows this formula

it's shit, ugly ass empty overworld and clunky gameplay

fuck outta my thread

Almost all games sans the musical instrument