Log back in 6 months later

>log back in 6 months later
>instantly greeted by the same old names still no-lifing in it

Attached: ooOoSjORBdw4VD3KXrHBlhHZ.jpg (1024x1024, 391.03K)

they really dropped the ball with this one

is this as shitty as GTAO?

Yeah as a frequent RDO player its kinda cool but also kinda embarrassing running into the same players all the time, but I still enjoy it as my relax and unwind game, its literally perfect for that. Shame about cockstar of david though

Attached: 1174180_screenshots_20201027133250_1.jpg (3840x2160, 870.89K)

In a lot of ways its significantly better than GTAO it just doesnt get shown any love at all, literally the last content update was about a a year ago with no communication since

Attached: 0_0.jpg (1920x1080, 240K)

not at all which is why it's very dry in terms of content, the game isn't profitable. they fucked up the monetization system and now they are slowly abandoning the game.

RDRO is nowhere near GTAO in terms of quality, RDR lacks any kind of activity or content to do and every time they add something new, it's something garbage that you can finish or see all of it in 30 minutes maximum, if RDRO had AT LEAST one heist to do i would say ehhhhhh, but it doesn't have any of the things that makes GTAO good, like custom maps, game modes, heists or activities to do(Like opening an organization or something like that)

the idea was neat, hunting and fishing with friends and having a gang. but theres not enough to do and grinding the currency (gold?) was obnoxious as fuck. gtao has a lot more to do in a way worse setting

Dead game

For me its not about the heists, which by the way aren't fun after the first time. Itys about having a huge open worlds set in the west, full of animals and loads of variety of places instead of gta where its the city and everything else looks the same pretty much. And the player interactions aren't just retards killing each other over and over ( sometimes that will happen but not nearly as often at gta and its easy to get away rather than have some fag on a bike with homing rockets follow you around the map) There's so many more missions set in the open world vs gta where everything needs to be instanced into a lobby. It just flows way better than gta, has better graphics, better animations, gun sounds, actual wildlife. Overall the open world gameplay of rdo is 100x better than gta. Pic related, I just stumbled upon a guy who was being attacked and then we took a boat ride down the river while bandits chased us. Just random encounters like that all over.

Attached: 43255325.jpg (2560x1440, 361.27K)

>Just random encounters like that all over
I think this is why I can't stand GTAO but I really enjoyed RDO when I still played it. GTAO is just fags running around killing one another in their overpriced hover bikes and shit. If you see another person in GTAO it's just instant kill or be killed.

But in RDO when I run into someone it's usually more reserved. Players don't always fuck eachother up instantly but actually interact together. I remember one time I was fishing in the swamps at night and a gun fight broke out on the other side of the river at some shack. I got out my rolling block and started watching as some random guy started killing the bandits. Then I started shooting them from the back while he was up in close. After all the bandits were dead he stood on the docks and waved at me and we went our separate ways. RDO was full of shit like that. I've had random horse races with people, helped randoms with missions, taken out smuggling checkpoints for some dude just because, gone fishing with randoms, gone hunting with randoms, etc. I also once had like 10 people show up randomly in my shine shack bar and just start drinking and dancing and doing whatever. I can't imagine ANYTHING like that happening in GTAO.

I will never forgive Rockstar for letting RDO die because it was really cool when it was still getting regular content.

when was the last time you played? over a year ago? servers now are 15 player max, you'll rarely, if ever, have these nice little encounters. I'm convinced Rockstar cut down the server population cap to intentionally sabotage the game.

Not true I still play it weekly and this still happens all the time

Yeah, I think I stopped right around the beginning of Summer last year?

I used to encounter people mostly in towns even back then though. Valentine and Saint Denis both usually had tons of people running around. I mainly stationed myself in the swamp area so I ran into people going into/coming out of Saint Denis a lot.

The North Grizzleys/Ambarino/Annesburg have always been dead as fuck though. Strawberry/Big Valley is hit or miss, sometimes it's got people and sometimes it's empty. West Elizabeth/Black Water is usually pretty busy too.

don't care, still gonna play for the horses

Attached: RDR2_2022_01_20_08_21_52_335.jpg (3620x2036, 3.73M)

rdo was a lot of fun and i'd love to get back in it. does /vg/ or /vm/ have gamenights for it?

/rdrg/ is dead (and that's a good thing)

Attached: RDR2_2021_10_14_08_17_38_473.jpg (2560x1440, 1.33M)

i used to frequent /rdrg/ and it seemed like a mess, but i figured i'd ask. does rdo have a fivem equivalent yet?

Yes, it's called RedM.

is it any good or does it suffer from the same bs that fivem has?

No idea, i've not used it. I just know it exists.

when it works it's a lot of fun but it has technical issues out the ass and the best ways to make money are the most boring ones. the monetization has slowly gotten worse as well. I played for like 25 hours and still couldn't get the sombrero I wanted for my fat mexican character unless I wanted to pay some MTX for gold to get it.