I unironically believe this trilogy are some of the best games ever

I unironically believe this trilogy are some of the best games ever.
Sure, the ending sucked ass, but everything else was absolutely stellar.

Attached: Mass_Effect_logo.png (5119x1500, 1.08M)

No. It got shitter as it went on. This game and bioshock inf made me stop buying AAA games.

Story wise: 1>3>2
Gameplay wise: 2>3>1

Still, an absolute masterpiece even if as I said, the ending was an absolute clusterfuck.

I replayed the entire trilogy thrice and think the games are great. While not personal favourites of mine, I can definitely see why you'd consider them as such, OP

ME3 sucked
there were some good story moments but the side content was all dogshit, what the fuck were they thinking with the retarded fetch quests

I used to think it went 1 > 2 > 3, but I bought the remastered trilogy a few months ago and played through them all back to back. Now I think it's 3 > 2 > 1, 1 has the best atmosphere and story, worse everything else.

1 is kinda scuffed but throwing tons of biotics is pretty fun, no global cooldowns are nice
of course the others are mechanically better and better balanced but 1 still has its own charm

>I unironically believe this trilogy are some of the best games ever

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 56.06K)

I take that back, it had the best Ashley.

Attached: 20211227185650_1.jpg (1920x1080, 339.24K)

>mediocre tps with illusion of choose your own adventure
absolutely stellar

Mass Effect was a solid series. It was a novel setting, had inspired art direction, and stimulated your imagination. I think Mass Effect 1 is the only good one. In a perfect world, they would’ve waited until new generations to make sequels but money and business make the rules.

I like the dialogue antics, but only one was actually fun to play (ME2 on nightmare). ME1 is just not fun gameplay wise (story aside). ME3 could have been as good as ME2, but it drops too much ammo.

It had potential. ME2 allowed us to experience the galaxy's civilization at its best, with the most memorable characters. It's a shame that ME3 nukes it, with no feasible way to get back to it, while also condemning everyone to a life of suffering and misery.

>they would’ve waited until new generations to make sequels
Smoothest brained take, AAA games have gone rapidly downhill since the ME series came out. You can even see the collapse within the series itself even in the space of one generation.

ME2 shot the trilogy on its knees because it did its own thing instead of contributing to the main plot.

As much as people shit on Bioware and are justified in doing so, their simple concept of having a crew/party of companions and learning more about them as the game goes on, with varying options of building your relationship between them is what they do better than no other company. I miss these types of games, feel like we haven't seen many of them recently besides maybe pathfinder.

I would agree. They're a classic trilogy.

That's D&D legacy (at least in how it would be implemented in single player crpgs). It's sad that not many pick up the ball.

>dumb post
Who cares if games on the whole have gone downhill. That’s due to all sorts of factors. But Mass Effect was always over ambitious. A more powerful machine would’ve made exploring planets more interesting if they had continued with the direction of ME1 and you know, they could’ve had levels not built behind concealing load times, or needed to split the games onto multiple discs. The idea is letting developers come up with great ideas, let themselves and the audience reflect on the first game, and come up with something special instead of the abortions that were ME2 and ME3.

What's particularly sad, is that Bioware is now incapable of writing characters, the way they did 10 years ago. Or, I should say, 12 years ago. None of the characters they've introduced since 2010's Mass Effect 2 have been well received, had any lasting appeal, or weren't controversial. Unless they appealed to certain fetishists.

javik?

Solas