Attached: ofnir.jpg (150x150, 10.32K)

thats the idea
thats how he is all knowing
he just makes other people do his bidding and gather information

they fucked to a standstill in the Caelid wilds

There's a reason he's all ears you know
He doesn't do shit himself, he just listens
That's his entire thing, he absorbs knowledge without acting on it

so gideon is a representation of all lore nerds who data mine and read every item description instead of unga bunging their way to glory? lore be damned?

More like he is the guys that find every item and read every description but end up getting the completely wrong interpretation of the plot.

kek yeah that makes sense

He might have tried to kill you for the medallion but couldn't in the roundtable, and I think his lackeys were dead, so he's just like 'lol, whatever, I'll wait until he kills Maliketh.'

In hindsight I think the reason he's so interested in the Haligtree at first but then seems to forget about it is that he assumes that Miquella is up to some crazy shit up there that could turn the whole battle for Elden Lord on its head. Once the player, and he by extension, finds out that Miquella's a non-entity due to getting fucked over by his retarded siblings, he stops caring about it.

Ofnir is another name for Odin, the god who is obssessed with knowing.

odin was also the father figure of norse gods i thought? kinda like godefry/radagon

And Ofnir is the leader of the Roundtable Hold and the foster figure to Nepheli. It holds water pretty well desu. It's just a Norse/Germanic flair I think, nothing too deep to think about, kinda like the Erdtree and Yggdrasil.

>we wont acknowledge you unless you get a greater rune
>NO ONE ELSE HAS A RUNE OF ANY KIND

What did he mean by this

Gideon is Miyazaki taking a dump on lorefags

he's all ears and only that
he takes knowledge, giving nothing in return

Literally this.
>Dedicates his entire life to reading books and researching everything
>Gets the most important part wrong in the end

Waht did he find out about marika taht stopped him from wanting to become elden lord?

he thought it was impossible to beat a god

You won't be of any use to him unless you can get an audience with the two fingers, he doesn't have any interest in the other tarnished standing around on the roundtable either.
When you show that you're capable of taking down demi gods, then he realizes that he can use you to pave the way for him so he can waltz into the Elden Throne and become Elden Lord.

But it backfires pretty badly on him.

his armor is cool
i dont know what hes saying i skip through dialogue.
i killed him very easily and got his armor and now i wear it. it has EARS as a beard
my son thought that was funny

>Enters the Erdtree
>Instead of queen Marika being there to make him her consort and turn him into Elden Lord
>There is a souless husk of her hanging and being manipulated by an otherwordly god
>He realizes that what Marika wanted all along was for a tarnished to come and slay that otherwordly god
>He doesn't think it is in the realms of possibility for a tarnished to kill a god and gives up

It was logical for him probably, because unlike the player he doesn't have the guidance from grace, so he doesn't get infinite tries at it.

I think he doesn't think its possible at all for a tarnished. He knows you have the infinite respawns, and he still thinks that even after you kill him that it just straight up isn't possible.

If you tell him about the optional shard bearers he will use their remembrance spells in his fight, so he's a wikifag

I didn't get the importance of the Haligtree either.

>wants to become elden lord
>meet him as a boss
>THE TARNISHED CAN'T BECOME ELDEN LORD BECAUSE.... BECAUSE THEY JUST CAN'T, OK?! *attacks you*

makes sense

shit really?

Miquella grew it for it to become an alternative to the Erdtree, he was making it for the ones that were rejected by the golden order, like the Misbegotten and the Albinaurics, but it didn't work. As he got Moghed while he was trying to become a true god.

see
Gideon is retarded and misunderstood the lore

>seekers
>rage
>erg
any other groups i should add for free bonus runes?

Attached: elding.jpg (1520x1544, 286.04K)

I thought that was neat but are you sure he doesn't always use those spells anyway?

GENERAL RADAHN IS A FURRROCIOUS WARRIOH

How did he get past the thorns though? Or is the implication that he snuck in there when you killed Maliketh?

And Sir Gideon Ofnir... *breathers in* *cums out* THE AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALL KNOWIIIIIIIIIIIING

>tries to take you on after you've murdered every single demigod
More like Gideon Offnir yourself.

He disdains pretty much everyone else and calls them useless and pussies a couple times. He's just using Nepheli and you to get what he wants.

How come we can respawn, but all the other Tarnished die when they are killed?

Why do you need to kill Maliketh anyway? What does releasing the rune of death do at that point? You've already set the tree on fucking fire, why doesn't that alone burn the thorns away?

dsg

>Called the all-knowing
>Doesn't actually know anything

my understanding was that with the rune of death bound, you couldn't fully kill Marika/Radagon/Elden Beast, so you need to release it to finish them off properly

blessed by grace

We’re still blessed with grace. All the tarnished and Godfrey had this ability until Marika took it away.