Xbox 360 Controller vs Xbox One X Controller?

Xbox 360 Controller vs Xbox One X Controller?

I'm a PC gamer, I've been using a 360 controller for a while, but wondering if it's worth upgrading to an Xbox One X controller?

Also, what is the difference between an Xbox One Controller and an Xbox One X Controller?

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 20.35K)

Xbox Elite Series 2. The paddles truly make it next gen. You'll have to relearn some muscle memory but once you're used to them it's the best controller experience.

>Xbox Elite Series 2.
3 times the standard price.

The difference between Xbone and Xsex controller is that there have been several Xbone revisions which added audio jack, 360 style bumpers and bluetooth. If you get the latest of the xbone the biggest differences are the Xsex is shaped slightly differently, the d-pad of the Xsex is slightly better for fighting games, the Xsex has better connectivity for swapping between your phone and your PC and it has a share button you can assign stuff to if you use certain programs on Win10 or if you're on Win11 it can take screen shots out of the box. I personally set my share button to press = screen shot, hold = record last 3 minutes and double press = open game bar.

The experience is worth it. If you get a decent batch controller it'll also last you forever, I've been using mine since they came out no issue.

xbox one and series have actualy good d-pad
Not that 360 whell d-pad abomination

Xbox one controller has the worst trigger design. I think the series controllers made them flatter and more comfortable.

if the 360 still works and you don't need a better d-pad,there is little need for upgrade.
something like a dualsense will be alot better if you want a larger difference on PC with stuff like gyro aim.

I have PS4 controllers for my PS4.

But the big thing is plug and play. I'm older now and don't have the time/energy to set it all up. As far as I can see most games that support a controller it's almost automatic that they understand the Xbox controllers with no setup needed.

Bumpers are fucking unusable on SeX controller.

360 is better for the weight and the harder shell material. It just feels cheap now.

lol? sex has the best bumpers you don't even have to move your fingers off the triggers

Wrong. The Series controller added grip. Nothing else. Trigger is exactly the same. Never had a problem with them, they are very comfy and nice to press unlike the hinges on PS controllers usually.

steam detects most controllers automatically for me and configures them accordingly,though steam also has community configs that lets someone else do all the config. (though its annoying when alot of people add acceleration to the gyro aim that i have to disable,but other than that its cool as hell).

Bumpers have been the same ever since the first revision of the Xbone controller. They replicate the feeling of a 360pad's bumpers.

Steam controller doesn't fucking work like this! I have to spend ages sorting it out!

Yeah it's worth upgrading. The d-pad is much better. Get the wireless adapter too, the range is great.

DS4Windows on exclusive mode is plug and play.

that's the way it was for me,though it could be that im on linux so all the driver stuff is already baked in,but ive never had a problem with it,other than a time where my switch pro kept trying to pair with my switch instead of working on my PC,but overall,it just worked.

If it's not drifting yet just keep using the 360 controller.
I still have a wired 360 controller and bought a Series X one.
Wireless feels great.

The microsoft ones are poorly built and the joysticks break within a month. Currently I'm using the Razer Wolverine W2 its the sturdiest controller ive ever had recommend you get that. and stay the hell away from wireless, bluetooth is shit

Just chiming in that I finally switched from an ancient wired X360 to a ONE controller a few months ago and that is a great upgrade in every way possible.

been suing x360 one for 12+ years and decided to get elite 2 recently
and while the sticks are somehow cool and the dpad is visibly better, the rest feels like a horrible joke
sometimes buttons dont react unless i press them with high force, bumpers are double clicking all the time and have horrible shape
microshit acts like they care about speed yet they made the triggers longer and as i use index fingers to press tips of the triggers i have to move them on top of bumpers in order to press on them especially since they have such an idiotic shape
i would use paddles, but just yesterdey i spent almost 2hours trying to install some shitty official app through windows store and only managed to delete the store without any possibility of bringing it back(in the store it said the app is downloading, but never anything happens also the entire windows store lags like IE on windows XP)
i found something called "reWASD" dunno if it works though, havent tested it yet

btw the sticks are not perfect, when you push it to the side and let it go to go back to center, it bounces beyond the center for a moment. might not be a problem for many games, but i played 2d game recently and randomly turning in the opposite direction makes it completely unplayable. good thing rabi-ribi lets you set up zeroing area

generally IMO this pad should be worth 30-40$ not 100$(thats how much i paid) and thats just because of its shitty china tier build quality

Nah they definitely improved that shit beyond just adding grip. I haven't tried the Series controller at all though since I bought a PS5 controller instead and that shit is super nice

Attached: IMG_20220328_145519.jpg (4160x3120, 2.33M)

>withing a month
Then how am I using my controller for a year now?

The series x controller has texture on the triggers and grips, and the D-Pad has corners. It's smaller than the Xbone controller though, which is the best one imo

8bitdo pro 2

They changed the mold but it barely does anything in terms of how it feels. Even MS said that it was just small refinements on that part.