Why don't any other companies make games like elder scrolls? It's free real estate

Why don't any other companies make games like elder scrolls? It's free real estate.

Attached: 8e2f9a99619eef8dd205bb55046f7d6c.jpg (1191x670, 51.9K)

because as much as people think the results are shit they take a long time to make (the first time round) and there are autists who want some of them to be big budget affairs but don't understand that they then need more appeal to mass audiences for ROI.

Outerworld attempted and failed

I have a confession I like all the elder scroll games, yes even skyrim

Outworld too, which failed even harder
The real question is why hasn't anyone else made a game like The Sims yet? Feels like a literal excuse to print money, if they made it online and shit

Kingdom come deliverance

Bethesda only makes it look easy. Ask CDProjekt.

They expect to have bethesdas amount of success over a single release, which just isn’t possible without hundreds of millions in marketing. Many studios also just don’t have the talent; they have a bunch of diversity hires and new grads that are only interested in shuffling premade assets in cryengine, which always ends up feeling like the exact same piece of shit (see outriders).

Because most engines can't. Bethesda has spend almost 20 years working on their own engine specially designed to make those games other engines just can't do it. Despite how much we like to mock Creation engine it mogs every other engine in terms of open world design. Why do think epic is handing CDPR a pile of money to make Unreal better at open world games?

>Implying they make games
Their last big reveal was fucking soap with the KC:D logo.

Attached: EA1y1W-W4AAhlZU.jpg (1200x1023, 69.22K)

The same reason why Paradox is the only one making Grand Strategy Games
Skyrim is the best ES game when it comes to exploration and fucking around, its a good game hated by a small minority of Morrowind trannys

what was the last open world game that you played which let you move 200 melons around the world freely

Nerevarine > every other protag

but there's already TONS of shit games being churned out

Morrowind isn't a shit game

It's hard, see how CD project tried it and failed HARD with Cyberpunk

Found it he boomer.
> I am totally not my fellow youngsters.
Yes you are.

im a zoomer tho

It's probably the single hardest game genre to actually create.

SUREAI DOES

The only people that hate morrowind were too young to play it when it came out. It’s a great product of its time, and still holds up in most regards

Nobody would play them because nomods.