Did you ever wake up one day and realize you already spent half your life playing video games and you have very little...

Did you ever wake up one day and realize you already spent half your life playing video games and you have very little to show for it. Gigabytes of screenshots and memes, fragments of memories. Sure I had fun but I'm left with nothing that matters, nothing I can look back on proudly. Fuck.

Attached: 1640484803118.jpg (792x865, 116.72K)

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/dating/comments/tpz5cr/is_it_a_turn_off_to_be_a_virgin_at_25f25/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

what am i supposed to have done instead

this
Society rejected me so society can go fuck itself.

Yes but I don't really care, I was fucked from the beginning. My entire life is just me trying to cope until I die
It's not like I didn't spent the first 18 years of my life genuinely trying

i spent 20 years of my life playing video games, then 5 years of my life dating a 10/10 qt + making it financially
best memories from an emotional pov are with gf, but the top memories from an achievement perspective are tied to video games
becoming a multimillionaire was challenging in many ways but honestly there's not much to look back at and feel proud
i still remember fondly herding random people together and strategizing for days to be a world first on a particular mmo raid. while landing a pivotal deal for my own business was, cool i guess?
there's just more room for cognitive experimentation in vidya. the real world has so many barriers, you're limited by environmental factors way before you hit the limits of your creativity

eh i jump from normie life to nerd life.. and honestly while it is nice to have good friends and relationships you pay for it by sacriing your time and freedom. If you are tired of nerd shit try being normie for while.

>nothing I can look back on proudly

All of life is like that. All of it means nothing, amounts to nothing. The only thing that is tangible is continuing your lineage and even that is a gamble at best.

You don't need something from vidya to be proud of. It's just a goddamn hobby so enjoy it.

I did once then I realized contemporary society is hellbent on ruining any legacy one might be proud of by putting it to fake, gay and retarded uses so instead I'm rather glad I didn't slave my life away for dipshits who don't deserve it.

The game was rigged from the start.

We live in a society..

I regret nothing. Beats killing myself.

Try contract jobs, you do something worthwile for a few weeks while making money, then you can go back to playing videogames for weeks.

Na, I used those screenshots to learn concept design and am now living off of doing concept art for AA gaming.

What the fuck did you expect to have to show you fucking retard, you were supposed to have a normal life and play videogames on the side.

Eh, not really. Sure, I spend more time on vidya than I'd be comfortable admitting, but at the same time games are an amazing source of inspiration for the stuff I create and a decent conversation topic/common pastime to help keep relationships with friends rolling.
Yes, they are a massive timewaster, but they do carry positive qualities and enrich my life in other ways than just providing dumb fun. As long as there are some other things in your life than just vidya games, there is nothing wrong with gaming

If you're so unhappy about it why not change it and do something else? Or are you too lazy and scared to change?
After all why shouldnt you indulge yourself in escapism and then complain about it on the internet to random strangers whose opinion ultimately doesnt matter to you? But you want to engage in a relationship with someone dont ya? So you choose this parasocial one and decide to complain instead of changing anything.

Attached: 1648365148479.jpg (220x221, 6.86K)

It's only going to get worse, all your hopes will be raped, and you don't really have any way to fix the problem yourself. One avenue; the only things worth doing in this society now would have you put away for life or put to death. Another; unending escapisms of various forms. Your third and last avenue is blissful ignorance and playing pretend with other people who are also playing pretend. Which will you choose?

Attached: 1641102789068.jpg (700x699, 92.78K)

Yeah then I think about what else I could have done with my life and realize the answer is fucking nothing so I go back to just loafing around.

Kill yourself worthless nihilist nigger

>NOOOOOOO I spent years of my life having fun doing what I enjoyed and got many happy memories out of it instead of working my ass off for mr.goldbergstein so he can afford another yacht, this can't be happening

cope

reddit.com/r/dating/comments/tpz5cr/is_it_a_turn_off_to_be_a_virgin_at_25f25/

>reddit

Attached: 1648464498692.gif (177x150, 1.74M)