Was it actually THAT good?

was it actually THAT good?

Attached: mania.jpg (1920x1080, 232.13K)

yeah

It didn't reinvent the wheel, but it was a smooth ride.

Not THAT good, overrated, but it got me off.

No, but it was good enough, and after all this time that's all sonicfags need.

best platformer in the last 2 decades

Yes

It is difficult for me to compare mania to 3&k, but it is definitely up there.
As others said, we just wanted something proving that sonic could be good, because sega is clueless since mid 2000s.
We are satisfied.

It was the first good 2d sonic game in decades. Worth playing definitely.

Not really, although still great

Best Sonic game in a while, but the levels were too long and there were too many zones, not enough of which were original.
Best emerald minigame though

Given the other Sonic games we've gotten since the mid 90s, yes.

Yes it was

I will be eternally upset that they didn't make the special stage available in versus.

i just wish there were more original zones
the remixed music of the classic zones are great nonetheless

Yeah. Everything was amazing but the rehashing, and that was a Sega call. The rehashing wasn't poorly done, but too many callbacks only stroke nostalgia and take the place of something new, cool, or innovative. If the game had all original levels and bosses in the base game with everything else the same? It would definitively be the best 2D Sonic.

Like, if the Plus DLC had the 2 characters, all the rehashed levels and bosses, and maybe had another rehashed cool final boss? That would be acceptable.

I found it boring tbqh

Yes.

Amazing just in that they really managed to make another entry that actually plays as it should. Shame about the wonky story and the level reuse, but hey what can you do.

nah

Yes
It's easy to complain about the rehashed levels but what they did with them was fucking amazing, Metallic Madness and Stardust Speedway are the best levels

that's what they say about blowjobs from little cows.

It was solid fun. Which the series hasnt managed to shut out since Generations.