BotW sold 25.8 million copies in five years

>BotW sold 25.8 million copies in five years
>Elden Ring sold 21 million copies in 31 days

Will BotW2 be able to surpass that now that the Switch install base is larger? Will we ever be rid of the open world meme?

Attached: 24e.jpg (959x1327, 225.62K)

who fucking cares what corporation sells more units
>Will we ever be rid of the open world meme?
no, zoomers are the biggest consumer base of triple-A games

ER is a multiplat release.
BotW is a Nintendo exclusive.

And like said many times in the past, sales =/= quality. By that metric, PUBG would've been the game of all time with its 1 billion players during its peak.

BotW is also multiplat

Attached: 235.png (1280x770, 1.41M)

botw is a pc game though

as far as I know its only available through emulator on PC. Its not officially sold on any major PC retailer like Steam or Epic. Only Switch and Wii U briefly as well which is hardly relevant.

Why are people posting this fake 21M sales

face it chud

>Making up sales numbers

why are you obsessed with botw?

I might pirate it latter if I'm feeling cute but considering they fucked up the PC port I have no interest in paying for it.

It was exclusive to Nintendo and released during a transition between console hardware. I wouldn't really consider the Wii U as a legitimate version...

Also why are you not using Yuzu so it's on the latest version with all the latest content?

P.S. Piracy is Based!

He's obviously talking about emulation as a second platform. Sales mentioned by OP exclude WiiU version.

Source faggit

And how many PC players paid for it?

Their report said 12 million. When did they sell 21 million? Source?

>fromsoft does old zelda better than nintendo
>fromsoft does new zelda better than nintendo
it's time. leave zelda to miyazaki.

well Elden ring is obviously vastly superior to botw even if it's very flawed itself

Botw 2 will sell less. Botw 1 came ou when the switch literally had no games and everyone bought it together with their console.

>ER sales are helped by it being multiplat
>but I can emulate BotW, that's the same right?

Attached: 1440932125195.png (300x300, 38.52K)

It's not.

It sold 12 million

>piracy is for chuds