Why the lukewarm reception on here? Its a fucking masterpiece

why the lukewarm reception on here? Its a fucking masterpiece

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 114.12K)

SMT IV was honestly so bad I didn't even bother with V
FUCK ISABEAU
FUCK MASAKADO
AND FUCK SIDEQUESTS
JUST LET ME KILL THE ALIGNMENT FAGGOTS ALREADY

I liked the game a lot. If anything I just wanted the different routes to actually be more, well, different. Also related but a little bit more plot during the game and not just backloaded towards the end would have been nice.

>lukewarm reception
Wasn't it GOTY 2021 for Any Forums
Nocturne is better btw

it’s a fine game but it had some glaring issues
i don’t think the wait was worth it tho desu

>it had some glaring issues
Name 13.

I’m enjoying it so far, it’s just an edgy Pokémon game. I will say the grinding is a bit too much
Best demon so far is Alice

Attached: 563155D9-4898-498B-BB9D-B08F0A080735.jpg (425x474, 17.24K)

My favorite youtuber told me it was bad

It's dogshit, just Persona without the writing, atmosphere, actual characters or all out attacks to make the shitty combat tolerable.

>atlusDLC
>characters are lame even for SMT standards
>endings were dumb and not much different from eachother especially gameplay wise
>UI copypasted from TMS
>disappointing plot
>disappointing NG+
>music is just decent at best compared to other titles
>ugly
>platforming is wonky
>you can’t fuck aogami
>you can’t fuck yakumo
>you can’t fuck nuwa
>most boss patterns are too predictable

>Level scaling too aggressive
>Agiltiy is next to useless
>Lahmu arc is pointless filler
>Yuzuru and Miyazu are non-characters
>Story is poorly presented
>Ailment skills are useless since Accursed Poison exists
>Bosses always take the same scripted action after gathering magatsuhi so you can use a dampener and cheese them
>Dungeons are few and bad
>Last 15% of the game is blatantly rushed
>The maps are basically the same desert with a different color
>Way too many reused assets
>Poor balance
>Choices define your alignment but it doesn't matter since you can pick the ending you want
>Barely anything to do in the fake Tokyo

It's a good game, I just wish there was more story throughout it.
The whole first area takes 15-20h and all you're doing that whole time is getting to the Tokyo Tower (which sounds like a 1h first objective) and the Diet Building without really anything going on in the story.

I liked it but I will probably never touch it again.

probably my consensus as well
it’s decent but it’s a heavy commitment to play through, compared to most JRPGs
it’s just kind of exhausting at times

Whoa dude learn how to count

It's mediocre like every SMT since Strange Journey.

It’s fleshed out in many areas but it needed additional fleshing out In others. Plot wise it’s all very interspaced, and even interesting plot beats are many hours apart (the Lahmu part comes to mind). Then the fact that the save point acts as the store and the mansion for fusing demons makes the worlds feel very similar. Having different store vendors and the mansion locations spread out in the map would give even more incentive to explore. Also, while the bosses are the highlight, the game systems need to figure out a way where you can change the affinities of the main character on the fly during combat. Some bosses you have no way of knowing their attacks before hand (save Surt for example, who is clearly telegraphed as a fire demon by cutscenes). What this leads is a first attempt at the boss where you essentially learn what elements they use to attack, lose the fight because you are weak to something, then you restart and respec your character and starting demons to the fight. Also, and more of a tonal thing , but having recently played SMT 1 and SMT2, I do miss the more somber tone the games had, the first one in particular where in some cases it went a bit towards horror

I wasn't counting, this game has so many issues I could even reach 30 if I wanted to

The protag is a defacto tranny

>I will say the grinding is a bit too much
XP from quests, abscesses, mini-bosses and just enemies you stumble upon while exploring should be enough to keep Nahobino around 3 levels below bosses which is more than enough. If that's what you mean by grindy then yeah, battles are 70% of this game and you are always going to be preparing for the next one. As for demons, theres fusion and grimoires from red mitama.

So when did you get your fakegina you filthy tranny?

Attached: AAAAACK!.jpg (1280x720, 152.8K)

Wish you'd have got some more time with the humans but aside from that, I liked it. It's nice that the Chaos path is fairly sane and not just le edgy world of strength, while Law isn't just 'lick god's boots' this time. Actually hard to call an ending better than any of the others this time, there's massive flaws to all paths. Not much to discuss anymore though so you wont see many threads anymore

there's also the petrified demons, I never used them out of a dumb 'but what if I need it later mindset' but it'd have made shit so much easier for me if I took the free levels as they came

you're only allowed to like the same games as Twitter, Twitch, and Reddit on modern Any Forums

It got too popular (for SMT, king of niche series). The contrarian machine kicked in and combined with the discord shitposters that hate SMT all discussion on the game was denied.

It was a fun demon pokemon game, story was the most forgettable thing ever. Scaling got silly at points, Shiva fight on hard was kino. DLC exp + level up items was turbo easymode. Overall pretty good tho.

But I mean, it was still Any Forums's GOTY last year

It's a fantastic game, but due to the lack of any proper dungeons and the incredibly rushed/messy story, it doesn't really stand out as memorable. I fucking loved my playthrough of it an had a blast exploring the world, the boss encounters, and seeing all of the demons in their proper size/scale. But that story was such a fucking mess that basically nothing stuck with me. That and there was basically zero motivation for me to NG+ it like other entries. I did everything I wanted to do in my playthrough, and since alignment basically only changes the ending of a story that is already a mess, there wasn't much more for me to see.

Great game, but it really just faded from my memory within a month. I genuinely hope we get an SMTVI sometime within my lifetime though, because I could see what they did in SMTV being amazing given a bit more polish and time. If anything, SMTV just makes me excited for a sequel. Give me an SMTVI with Strange Journey's writers behind it, proper ass dungeons scattered about, more environmental density like that of SMTIV/Apocalypse, and some NG+/endgame super bosses other than just Shiva.