Elden Ring is not a masterpiece

>Exploration is unrewarding because the majority of items you find are either irrelevant to your character or are crafting materials.
>Enemy placement/reuse often times doesn’t make sense in the game’s environment.
>Quest lines are a victim of the new open world system, they are very easy to miss, too easy to out progress, and too ambiguous in how to progress them.
>Combat system is a contradiction to how the enemies and boss behave. You are essentially stuck in DS3 against a horde of Bloodborne and Sekiro enemies. Your movement capabilities are outmatched by the enemies moveset often times. A starving and emaciated dog in Leyndell probably has more poise than a tarnished wearing Lionel’s set.
>The bosses in ER do not belong in a game with this type of combat system. They are often times incredibly fast, aggressive, have long multi hit combos that usually end in AOE, wonky hit-boxes or camera interactions, and very small punish windows. The majority of the fight is you dodging around and managing distance while they spam their move set.
>The input reading on heals is so blatantly obvious. I’ve genuinely laughed when Hoarah Lux does the exact same lunge everytime I drink a flask.
>Bosses also appear to be designed with spirit summons being the default way to fight them. Headache to face playing without summons, but then with the top tier summons they become completely trivialized.
>The vast majority of players appear to be using builds that focus on overwhelming the boss with damage, stunlocks, and spirit ashes before the boss has a chance to unleash its bloated movesets on them.
>If you combine that damage with the fact that many of these enemies have insane poise and fast, aggressive movesets you have a recipe to create a tedious and frustrating experience. Bloated enemy movesets with bloated stats, it’s no longer about skill. It’s about out DPSing the enemy before they have a chance to attack.

Attached: ER.jpg (1079x1078, 220.11K)

k

>the majority of items you find are either irrelevant to your character or are crafting materials.
While the other games had plenty of placed souls having 70% of the items you find here be "Golden Rune [x]" really kills your drive to explore, that and the fact that they all have this placeholdery name instead of being like the different soul sizes with their own descriptions just deincentivizes further by looking just lazy

tl;dr

git gud

Attached: git gud.webm (960x540, 2.87M)

You're just scratching the surface here.
Let's not forget about all the lazy dungeons that add nothing to the experience and are essentially filler.
All the reused bosses.
Worst Maiden/Doll companion character in the series.
Boring crafting system

The big problem with Elden Ring is that it doesn't feel cohesive.
Dark Souls was brilliantly designed regardless of it's technical limitations. Elden Ring just further breaks free from the shackles and grants more and more freedom but the design sense can't keep up.

not reading all that text but good for you, or I'm sorry to hear that

True. Game is broad as an ocean and deep as a puddle.
Nice try faggot, but you have tl;dr version written in the subject in bold letters, better luck next time

I don't see anyone gitting gud in that webum

>Retarded anime attack in western fantasy setting
>You character forced to move in slow, semi-realistic way
>The enemy moves completely different manner, like the laws of physics do not exist at all

its not a masterpiece but its a really good game and its fun, thats all I ask

all true. Imagine shilling this failure of a game

all I saw was cope

Why can enemies just levitate in this game?

>a series that is literally Miyazaki trying to create Berserk the game
>ANIMU ATTACK IN WESTERN FANTASY SETTING DUHHH

You're fucking stupid if this is your complaint.

>noooooo you cant have anime attacks in a realistic artstyle
>noooooo you cant just mix chocolate and peanut butter and make a delicious reese's cup

>headcanon
>people disagreeing with my headcaon means they're wrong and stupid
try again.

>food analogy

>Miyazaki trying to create Berserk the game
>no good Griffith armor

cope

Attached: foodanalogy.png (600x841, 260.7K)

based. griffith is cringe

Look if your head canon is a japanese game heavily inspired by a japanese manga cant use tropes from japanese media then go ahead and get it done. Don't cry when you get called stupid though, cause you're being fucking stupid.

Of course it isn't, it is the worst souls game.
Elden Ring truly proved that FromSoftware is incapable of comprehending what their true fans enjoyed about their soulsborne games. The pattern is clear now more than ever, any FromSoftware project that has Yui Tanimura involved in anyway, will be either mediocre or garbage. Hidetaka Miyazaki said that with Elden Ring "he had to delegate things to others more than usual" and it shows. Elden Ring is not a good soulsborne game, it is one of the worst, if not the worst:
>Open world causes a lot of padding and time wasting by just running around on your mount looking for the good parts.
>Open world forced them to add a mount and thus mounted combat, which is far inferior to the traditional unmounted combat. Even FromSoftware understood this and disabled mounts in multi-player.
>Open world ruins the traditional progression of difficulty in zones and especially boss fights, the bosses are either too hard because you are underleveld or too easy because you are overleveld, it is an unrefined and unfocused mediocre experience.
>Spirit ashe summon system casualizes the entire game, it is literally an EASY MODE that completely breaks the game and boss AI. Some of the spirit ashe summons at +10 (mimic/tiche/oleg) can solo bosses with you just standing there and watching, doing nothing else. Unlike traditional summons, spirit ashe summons do not give the boss a boost in HP and stats.

Elden Ring outsold all previous FromSoftware soulsborne games COMBINED, it is literally over for FromSoftware ARPGs as we know them. All future ARPG projects by FromSoftware will feature an open world of some sort.

Attached: FromSoftware Teams.png (2130x2076, 774.98K)

>posts wojak
>forgets to post greentext
I accept your concession

just use bloodhound step, quick step, or that raptor dodge ash of war. that raptor ash is actually pretty fun for colossal weapons

Fromsoft disabling the horse in multiplayer isn't because "it's bad". It could be because they didn't want to code the possibility of multiple horses into the game, or to hide the lag. It's a reach to just assume "It's because it's bad"

I'm was just adding the image to complement your comment. You obviously missed it, kind sir.

That character you are fighting there is unironically a GOD.

I explore to find more encounters as I enjoy the game for its combat.

I have 0 expectations about current and future souls game, so I'm not disappointed or upset in anyway. But it won't stop silly things to look silly.

You know you can do anime shit too if you press L2?

The game has a man with a bajillion arms and then he rips one of those arms off to stick a dragons head on it, which then comes to life and starts breathing fire.
If you're complaining about /silly/ things, one attack animation is not where you start.

Ok serious talk, I'm 40 hours in, lvl 56 and I've lost all motivations to play. Was about to try and fight unpatched Radhan or whatever the caelid dude is called but I just don't care anymore. Is the game game worth continuing?

>Quest lines are a victim of the new open world system, they are very easy to miss, too easy to out progress, and too ambiguous in how to progress them.
This. I just started Ranni's quest line and a wolf dude told me to meet him at the mistwood lift. I go there and surprise, he's nowhere to be found. Go down the lift, nothing there either.
Now let me guess, he's gonna be somewhere in siofra river, or his corpse will be shoved in some nook, so I have to explore the whole area for a second time just to find him.
I'm not saying to add quest markers, but at least be more sincere and specific like Morrowind did it with the journal.

>You know you can do anime shit too if you press L2?
No enemy will allow me to finish most of my attacks. Bosses/stronger enemies are unstopable machines, my character is a total fucking bitch, a cuck that can only attack when allowed.

I agree and I just want to add how fucking disappointing and lazy all of the side dungeons and catacombs are. I get that they're side content but for the love of god vary it up at least a little bit. Fighting exclusively shitty imps that are hiding in various corners is so goddamn boring. I don't even mind the catacombs themselves being repetitive as long as there's engaging combat, like bloodborne's chalice dungeons, but having copypaste catacombs AND having each one play out exactly the same is god awful.

You're missing some things

>PC port sucks
>60FPS cap
>Enemies and bosses still clip through geometry and can still attack through it
>Enemies and bosses still suck to fight on inclines such as stairs
>Giant enemies tower over you and are off camera for melee approaches
>Bosses in the open world break very easily, they're pathing sucks and often they will even despawn
>Flattest and most unmemorable OST yet for Souls
>Too many multiple bosses with no regard to how they work together or the arena they are in

>Is the game game worth continuing?
It's worth to see the capital, as it is really beautiful and kino, but game should end there. Instead, it continues, and it becomes REALLY FUCKING BAD. Like... Really.

But Godfrey IS silly, that's why it's great. From his ridiculous one liners to his death.

>>a series that is literally Miyazaki trying to create Berserk the game
>can't move like Guts at all
Guts is one fast fuck, even before the berserker armour. Even the ashes replicating Guts are sluggish and slow

in her case it's because whoever designed her wanted you to enjoy looking at her feet

The capital looks good but I think it's a fucking terrible dungeon.

>it becomes REALLY FUCKING BAD
hmm... I'm intrigued now. I want to see how bad it is

If you get the right weapon and build its more fun. I didn't like Radahn. I could have soloed him but the slow run back pissed me off so I summoned a few people. I was getting fatigued and then found Moonveil which made it a lot more fun. I'm very OP, in part due to the overlevel issue the game can have but I'm enjoying things more now.

I wish the other games were as deep as a puddle if it means more stormveil/leyndell/haligtree/farum azula.

I consider it a masterpiece, but I'm at a loss for how anyone considers it hard, even with all the standard restrictions in place (no overleveling, no summoning, no magic, no horseback, etc.). I have 100% completion (as far as I know without a guide) up to the Haligtree and I've used nothing but a katana on foot with no weapon arts. I am level 85 now. Literally just roll. I'm not being pretentious either. Sekiro is a difficult game to me. But Elden Ring is a fucking joke.

To one of your other points, every single one of my boss fights I have waited for the boss to do its move, then I roll and slash twice and then wait again. I'm not "overwhelming the boss" as you put it. When I made myself available for summoning I noticed every other player just rushed in and got their asses handed to them. Meanwhile I wait and counter everything rather slowly.
Tell me when the fuck it gets difficult.

Based. Fucking Artorias faggots ruined these games. At least they were toned down to 1-2 bosses or weapons before ER but they are all full blown anime shit now.

>soulsborne
opinion discarded

Attached: 41234245423.jpg (300x400, 31.22K)

Here's how I got gud
>summon mimic
>spam spells as mimick fights bosses
Oh wow amazing gameplay thanks From
>nooooo you can't use all the game mechanics
That's what gitting gud means

>They are often incredibly fast, aggressive
What fucking boss? Literally just roll.

>Literally just roll.
Yes faggot, that's the problem. "Literally just roll" is a perfect description of how the entire game works, and it's shit.

>git gud
now what?

Attached: 1648399144603.webm (720x480, 989.4K)

sub-par soundtrack
unbalanced
crafting doesn't matter
same old story
same old awful gimmick story telling
same old bosses

Worst of all is the promise of being something new with a new name a new "more coherent" story. It's the Bioshock: Infinite of 2022.

>That's what getting gud means
I have yet to struggle with any boss and I've not used any summons, weapon arts (even the built in skills), or magic. Fucking practice your dodges.

I will concede, however, that I've used crafting a few times for fun boosts and also I've used mismatched armor in fights.

walk along the eastern cliff edge, you'll find him

>up to the Haligtree
so you haven't beaten malenia yet?
> I've used nothing but a katana
literally the best weapon class and arguably weapon in the game

Fair enough, but don't tell me the bosses are too fast. Most of them are very, very slow and can be countered by timing a roll in one direction or another. Try rolling sideways instead of backwards, for instance.
Yes I realize that sounds mundane but I like that the game requires me to practice my timing and it just doesn't get boring to me. Some people like Guitar Hero despite it being literally the same thing millions of times. Same thing.

>If you get the right weapon and build its more fun.
I guess I still need to look. I really want to experiment with weapons but I've yet to find a way to farm smithing stones at a decent rate. I know there's a spot for somber stones but thats actually for a handful of weapons.
>I was getting fatigued and then found Moonveil
I'm using it too but I don't see what people find in that weapon. The reach is good, it does decent damage but its still a boring katana in my eyes.

>elden ring is not a masterpiece
You don't fucking say. Well done. I wish we could award you something.