Can someone do a quick rundown on why the REmake3 sucked? It seems to be universally agreed upon that it sucked...

Can someone do a quick rundown on why the REmake3 sucked? It seems to be universally agreed upon that it sucked. I'd like to know the problems.

Attached: 6352250_sd.jpg (1000x1000, 123.51K)

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.com/polls/QrgeVz0PKZp
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>too few actual zombies
>too easy to cheese the zombies
>never really have to decide what to kill
>dodge mechanic too easy to abuse

i still liked it

God I just wish they followed the first remake on the gamecube's formula.

It was just 2 but shittier. That's not an exaggeration either, just imagine RE2 but instead of a big interconnected map you run through hallways and the zombie gore system is removed for some reason beyond comprehension. Apart from that it's exactly the same game. Pretty disappointing.

Jill ugly
Biggest thing imo is that the game is really linear and full of setpieces to wow you with over actual substance. Plus, while no classic RE is really long having this one lack content from the original didn't sit well with many.

>almost all locations are changed or missing from the original
>hardly any puzzles
>reduced gore compared to RE2R
>stupid plot decisions (Jill not going to RPD)
>Nemesis goofy looking and incompetent
>lots of missed opportunities
>paired with a multiplayer game that nobody asked for and was dead 3 months later

strawpoll.com/polls/QrgeVz0PKZp

>Jill ugly

the first thing i did was install a titty and face mod

Nemesis is the biggest problem. He's completely gone after the city part which lasts 30 minutes and only shows up as a big dog form in fixed boss fights.
Areas go by way too fast. Like in 3 you'd stay a bit in each city area to open up the next one and in the end backtrack to older parts for train parts and new shit will happen depending on the order of thins that you did. Here you get 4 medallions for the train and leave and that's it. Feels more that you rush through it.

It's everything people were afraid REmake 2 was going to be except even worse.
It's so despised because REmake 2 defied expectations and people were hoping they'd build on what made it such a cool game but they went off in the wrong direction.

My biggest issue with the game was the incredible heavy scripting. It feels like what I imagine playing a CoD game to be like.
Game starts on a 20 minutes "press forward to walk" section where you run away from Nemesis and everything around you exploded.

forced slow-walking linear segment/cutscenes from jills apartment to the subway,PONR, subway to street, a little control during street segments, corridor from street to plant, chased from plant to street to sewer, PONR, grabbed from sewer, corridor to highrise, boss in highrise, corridor to kendos, then forced rocket launcher chase, fire creates linear corridor PONR to cutscene. the game finally gives you a litte control as carlos at rpd and hospital then more forced corridors in the lab until the end bosses. so boring, linear, frustration inducing

it's literally the same shit as the DEmake2.
Kids just shit on it because it didn't get similar guerrilla marketing campaign behind it as its predecessor got, and the old-ass CV fags obviously love to toot their hate boner towards RE3 to this day.

It was also ridiculously short. I finished the game in under 4 hours.

Everything the other anons said and nemesis new forms looks shit compared to OG RE 3

This thread is already longer than the game.

It highlights how shit RE3 actually is and that triggered RE fans to an unbelievably violent degree.

I like it. Just like the original 3, it feels like a 2 expansion and that's fine, just don't pay full price for it. Said that, my only personal issue is that there's no explorable clock tower, I liked that part a lot in the original. Meanwhile, I personally don't give a damn about the park or the factory, being able to play an expanded hospital and RPD with a way better Carlos was better for me.

It was the cash in, that's all. Less attention paid to it in case that wasn't obvious by playing it. I found it funny because I was never a huge fan of RE3 in the first place and somehow they made the original worse.

they left all the stuff that made the original great on the cutting room floor. not because they didn't know people wanted those features, they did, they are constantly making references to those things, but because they didn't have the budget/time. i keep hearing the rumor that REmake3 was supposed to be REmake2 DLC but i've never seen any evidence to support that theory.

>Original game was already pretty short and felt rushed in spots, mostly saved by the choices you could make that influenced which encounters you came across
>Remake not only failed to build on the original's content, but cut multiple areas, cut the choice system which saved the original, and made areas previously used in the original worse
>Nemesis was made in such a way where he only really chases you properly in one or two sections before mutating and becoming a boss restricted to specific encounters, entirely ruining the fucking gimmick of the original and making Nemesis much less threatening
>Lots of enemies cut, limited to a single area, or underused (dogs appear literally like once I think)
>Non-existent puzzles, basically every single task is just a matter of finding a key item to insert into a slot, even REmake 2 had more puzzles
>Technically/Graphically worse than REmake 2, with horrific lip sync in some scenes, zombies almost never losing limbs despite that system being awesome in REmake 2, and areas just feel incredibly linear outside of the first city environment
>Horrifically shitty "cabin sequence" section with Carlos, where zombies make a literal public domain SPLORCH sound and explode into bloody goo because the game can't handle more than a few zombies on screen

It's literally a worse version of the original, in which the original already felt half-baked in some ways. They removed the choices which gave an already short game some replayability, removed entire environments, removed enemies, basically removed Nemesis' role from most parts of the game, removed a lot of the cool mechanics they had in REmake 2, and just didn't provide any justification for actually remaking the fucking game.

Which blows. RE3 is one of the few games in the series where I'd say the original could really use some polishing and that there's an awesome game buried underneath. RE2 was already fine, it didn't really need to be remade.

It was just a slapdash cash grab to capitalize on the success of RE2 remake. Still better than 8 tho.

> game can't handle more than a few zombies on screen
The engine can, the PS4 and xbone can't.

Are the original re2 and re3 any good or are they just games millennials worship because they came out during their childhood?

Can it? Genuine question. REmake 2 never has more than six or seven zombies on screen to my knowledge. And I haven't checked, but I doubt the PC version of the cabin sequence with Carlos in REmake 3 has zombies piling up properly. I'd imagine they still pop like blood balloons because the devs that made the REmake 3 did a terrible job overall.

REmake 2 was at least as good as the original 2 and in some aspects better.
REmake 3 was worse than the original 3 in every possible way

RE2 was an amazing game. RE3 wasn't as good but like explained it redeemed itself.
Also
kill yourself dumb zoomer

>Can someone do a quick rundown on why the REmake3 sucked?
No good diaper mod

Attached: 86518775_p1.jpg (1920x1080, 601.05K)

It removed Mercenaries because the remake has crap level design constantly broken up with flashy action setpieces to wow reviewers and normalfags, instead adding a dead on arrival online mode

test