Okay, I may be wrong, but explain something to me, Any Forums

Okay, I may be wrong, but explain something to me, Any Forums.

How come none of the big youtubers ever get flagged for copyright use of vidya music? It's also copyrighted, therefore it must attrach the Content ID thing.

They get million of views, surely they recieve copyright claims.

Or am I wrong? How does it work with video game music? I know that Nintendo cracks down hard on everything.

Attached: youtube.jpg (800x374, 25.89K)

>reddit spacing
get out.

Attached: 435432222.png (216x244, 71.67K)

>virgin khhv
get out.

Ever heard about sponsor deals you retarded, underaged faggot?

How about this one: in Mandalore's Endless Legend video there's Kanye West song. What's up with that? Also a sponsor deal?

>How come none of the big youtubers ever get flagged for copyright use of vidya music?
They do, they just use other Vidya music that isn't copyrighted

it's profitable for the company, free advertising

Attached: 1648179040566.png (512x512, 191.54K)

Depends, some companies probably don't think it's going to be worth hunting down every retard using their music as a backdrop, especially if they're also people attracting more customers to them.

Most vidya music is copyrighted yes, but companies don't really give a shit about enforcing it. Especially Japanese companies.
Though of course Nintendo seems like they're trying to set a new standard in scumminess by actually enforcing their copyright on music.

Most Japanese companies are run by boomers who probably don't even know how to enforce copyright on YouTube videos.

What about indie companies? Are they likely to flag my shit if I use their OST? A-asking for a friend, of course. I am just a concerned citizen

to answer your question
vidya music isnt typically removed from youtube because it is most likely accompanied by footage of their game being played, which is free advertising
because of this, you can get away with using game music in your videos, even if they arent game-related
so many fuckers out there using oblivion/skyrim music in everything

When you get big enough, you get a manager/point of contact assigned to you from YouTube. I think the threshold is 100k, I can't remember, but basically, someone from YouTube fights 'for' you whenever you get copyright strikes etc.

I mean if it's super indie they probably won't even have the resources to manage copyright, but I think generally they don't give a shit.
Only exception I can think of is Cuphead

Probably even more variable. Some of them could be a lot more chill or anal about it.

This desu, I had a channel for a while in 2015-17 and using videogame music was never a problem because they just assume you are playing the game, or they don't care because it would be a hassle doing content ID for someone uploading gameplay of a game they actually paid for.
Very unlikely but you'd probably have to be more careful and go on a case by case basis since the music could have been outsourced to some other guy who has the rights to it

Content ID algorithms are too rudimentary to differentiate between someone playing a game with its respective music and doing anything else with that same music, so they mostly don't bother. Almost all video game music is safe from DMCA unless they specifically and manually go after a channel like GilvaSunner, it's an event with enough money going through it to get on their radar for the aforementioned (GDQ no longer plays non-remixes during breaks because of this as far as I know), specific soundtrack rights are in a weird position (one Smash tournament had to mute certain Mother songs), or it's licensed music like in Tony Hawk's Pro Skater and the labels decide to start being dicks about it.

>>reddit spacing
>[REDDITSPACING]
>get out.
>[REDDITSPACING]
what did he meme by this?

Only faggots from reddit try to slap "reddit" on everything to take site credit for it.

Popular Youtubers and streamers are literally immune to copyright issues because of their connections. They have managers that can talk to actual people directly and get things resolved overnight while everyone else talks to robots and has to wait months for replies. The only ones that get flagged are the ones that are completely disconnected from reality and do something retarded like playing a full movie with their face in the corner or something like that. Then they act surprised when no one can defend them and their channel gets taken down.

>How come none of the big youtubers ever get flagged for copyright use of vidya music?
Because all gameplay would most likely get flagged too, and imagine the shitstorm if all gameplay vids that had 6 seconds of videogame music playing uninterrupted would get flagged.
Companies realized it is free advertisement in general to have people make videos off of your games.

Attached: 1648064763326.png (647x662, 333.39K)