How’s the game development coming along? Learn any new skills?

How’s the game development coming along? Learn any new skills?

Attached: 8B1DF87F-E881-4B79-8544-13A9E32D9C12.jpg (1120x492, 176.79K)

No :c

I tried making a mod yesterday. I learned a few keywords but got filtered by C++

I will never better myself so stop asking

>How’s the game development coming along?
Haven't even started, don't even have an idea. Maybe I'll make a mod.
>Learn any new skills?
none

Where do I learn to draw? from like absolute 0

ive been actually making progress in drawing, something that ive hit a wall in for 4 years(i learned 3d first, big mistake). I also recently picked up a midi keyboard, which has actually made it possible for me to get shit on paper for once, it's very easy once you have everything in front of you to jump between sounds and find what you're hearing in your head.

modding onirisim with some new outfits
too bad its hard to share because jannies always nuke the threads
hoping to eventually get to making 3d platformers with the skills i gradually learn ive been 3d modeling for a while but i get rusty from not doing it for long periods

Attached: carol roll outfit 99 percent finished.png (566x701, 960.72K)

Are you just supposed to go ahead and code shit despite it feeling like your currently writing code in the worst looking and least efficient way possible?

experience is the 2nd best teacher behind actually learning through literature/videos, i'd say just keep at it and gradually learn to optimize your shit
In 3D i gradually outgrew my overthinking problems by slowing down, just modeling more, and not, well, overthinking too much

>gradually outgrew my overthinking problems by slowing down, just modeling more, and not, well, overthinking too much
this can be applied to most of these tools

and really learning any skill period.
99% of questions asked by beginners, hell even struggling veterans, boils down to overthinking, overshooting the potential solution to a problem.
It's a hell of a serious reminder.

In the process

Attached: 1648406746999.png (1000x643, 188.27K)

Is SICP still a good way to learn with no experience in programming?

Anyone here have any experience with monogame? What are your thoughts on it?

>practical practice sketches
>oh, and a cute girl
relatable.

>but got filtered by C++
That language is filtering me hard too user.

I'd recommend understanding perspective first. But don't just grind it, try to have fun and accept the fact that your drawings will look like shit for quite some time. Also draw real objects, you will get to understand how everything around you works.

completely 0? lines and basic shapes.

how to do pic related without asian jeans

Attached: iu70.jpg (2466x1000, 516.2K)

Asian jeans are a meme.

Go to Uniqlo and buy some asian jeans, duh

consistent layered practice, and a set plan.

Every night I think more and more about committing to gitting gud at drawing. I'm 25 now but I was one of those kids who drew a ton before falling off the wagon as a teen, so now I have abilities that are impressive to your average normie but when compared to any actual artist are still extremely beginner-tier.

But having a full time job I feel like to fully commit I'd need to sacrifice most other things I'd be doing in my downtime, playing vidya for a start. I realise I am just making faggot excuses though and plenty of you all are in the same position and have gone for it. I think I'm gonna give it a shot.

>25 now
to make you feel a lil bit better about yourself; i started 3d modeling in highschool, tried to force myself, every single day, till 2020, to make it a job somehow and live off that because im too retarded for normie jobs, and my work is still barely passable, turning 25 this year and my deepest regrets are not just taking the time when i did to improving.
>picrel last thing i modeled and my only competent model, late december

Attached: inkling model done.png (981x874, 661.44K)

I'm 30y.o and I also have a job that always keeps me busy. Started drawing 5 months ago. Just do what you want, don't make excuses.