Armor is so boring in this game. There should be set bonuses, enchantments, etc...

Armor is so boring in this game. There should be set bonuses, enchantments, etc. Instead all we get is very minor stat upgrades zzz. Hell half the time the armor you find is worse than starting armor and some late game armor is worse than mid game armor. My only real complaint about the game.

Attached: blaidd'sset.png (478x831, 516.7K)

Armor is just for fashion. Everyone knows this.

Nigga do you even fashion?

While we're on the subject of armor; what's with heavy armor not being clanky enough soundwise? Dark Souls 1 got it first try.

>wearing armor for stats
lmao

I hate wearing armor for piece/set effects. Let me wear what I want and have the effects be equippable without too many restrictions or give me transmogs.

some pieces have unique passive effect but yea, since poise sucks (unless you can stack 100+) most people just go for whatever looks good on them.

The only armor set i've ever found that even remotely goes up to 80+ is Omen Set from Dung Eater.

If the armour was fashion they wouldn't have stats at all. Cut out the shilling guys, the game's good. The game is allowed to fuck up.

It all looks like trash. This game's armor is fucking awful.

It wouldn't have been fixed by making armour have special effects, that would completely go against the fashion aspect since you'd be tied to the best build outfit. It's not perfect but it's relative low change in your playstyle makes the variety still fun anyway.

Im more upset about heads having all the extra shit
and a lot of op shit at that, look at the surgeon set head

>The game is allowed to fuck up.
it's like 2 days of work to implement proper poise and damage values so you can trade the midroll for being able to tank boss attacks. it adds more gameplay variety, the so called "staple" of this series.
dark souls has more gameplay variety than ER thanks to poise. think about that for a second.
+12 years, downgraded game.

I'm not agreeing with the OP, I'm just opposing the guys who pretend it's all for vanity when it's clearly not. They don't have to make it viable, but it would be nice. (Hypothetically, I don't have any opinion on armor. I min max)

but it should be more, hell while we're on the topic you should be able to upgrade the fashionable armor to make it better or maybe even in late game completely copy any other armor sets stats and abilities but keep the look.

Yeah I don't really like the bonuses. There's also the 10% damage for jump attacks on some chest which is pretty mandatory for jump builds. At least it's a decent looking chest, but I would prefer they got rid of such bonuses.

dark souls 1 passive poise is for shitters

>There should be set bonuses, enchantments, etc
You should check nioh

bull goat set has 100 poise.

Most of the armors in elden ring dont look all that great. Yes there is variety but I expected more for such a huge game. But the good ones are really good though. Really liked the Nights Cavalry set and the Drake Knight set. Also pic related.

Attached: 1643055084925.png (1920x1080, 1.41M)

Oh yes, because it was sooo engaging and fun when you could just facetank and chug to outheal literally everything. I’m glad Dark Souls 1 poise is dead and buried.

I was playing around with armor today.
Tried taking a hit from a giant while wearing the strongest armor I had. Then I took it all off and took the same hit. Could barely tell the difference.
Is armor basically useless?

Attached: 3.jpg (403x317, 44.5K)

and yet mimic, ashes, summons and greatshields are in in ER.
you didn't counter any of my points, you just said you didn't consider it ULTRA HARDCORE.

less variety = objectively worse.

it's braindead mash and you know it

bloodborne did it right. armor should be fashion only

armour = useless
damage negation = useless

only thing that matters is your HP pool to make sure you meet certain 2-hit breakpoints so you don't get oneshot by boss light attacks

armor realistically helps you poise through light attacks
>larp as a samurai and wear ronin set
>every attack staggers me
>ng+ I decide to just wear radhan armor since I have a bunch of end anyway
>can actually tank through light hits lmao

patently false information. heavy armor, dragoncrest shield talisman makes you retardedly tanky. fire talisman makes fire giant hit like a noodle. holy talisman cucks radagon and the beast. the only people claiming negation doesnt work havent played the game or have vig at 20

I already have 40 vigor. Should I push up to 60 for the 2nd soft cap?

>jester top shit
no lol

Armor only gets good later when you can stack DR. Mid to late game you can start to get 50% on all damage types, or even 70% on a specific damage type if you focus it.

>60hrs of game
>still wearing vagabond set

Game looks fun but I can I agree,the armor doesn’t look good and you have to wait almost to end game to get good armor,and the farming armors are like same system from DS2,shit

I love ve this. It's all about looking ng good and no min-max bullshit! I like the armor? I use it, no need to think about bonus and min-max since the impact is so minimap, just fashion souls.

>There should be set bonuses, enchantments, etc.
This leads to you just wearing one specific set or a mishmash of pieces for their passive abilities. Look at mages in something like DaS2 rocking the Lion Mage set, that one dark magician's bits, and other bits just for faster casting or more casts, the Grass Crest Shield which everyone and their mother uses because there's no reason not to, Adjudicator's Shield + Blessed weapon in DeS, etc. The Surge games give you buffs if you wear all pieces of the armor and even in those games they give you armor that counts towards other armor sets so you end up looking like a cowboy with a giant upper torso just to get the buffs.

>set bonuses
Disgusting

I sure wish they could make Light equipment load actually decent again, especially since they designed all the boss fights mid Bloodborne development and assumed the player would have an amazing instant full i-frame dash