Been playing fallout 2 and ive been wondering: which way is the right way to vault city...

been playing fallout 2 and ive been wondering: which way is the right way to vault city? i went east through the mountains and was constantly attacked by bandits and geckos that i had to savescum my way through

i tried going south around the mountains instead and all i've really encountered so far are were the wilder tribals and the occasional bandit group

Attached: file.png (1281x944, 248.12K)

It's in the top right corner

>that build

Attached: _91408619_55df76d5-2245-41c1-8031-07a4da3f313f.jpg (976x850, 57.91K)

i know where it is but im wondering what the intended path to it is

i feel like the southern path is because otherwise you will be interrupted every 5 seconds by bandits

my first build was melee and it sucked ass so i rerolled and went unarmed. unlike fallout 1 i was unable to find any good resources for building a character in 2. i did a gun build and pivoted into energy weapons because i found the alien blaster at like level 3

Attached: file.png (1244x942, 232.21K)

vc is on a linear path from the start, its only after vc the map starts to become more nonlinear, for me I went to NCR since it was marked on the map and it's probably the best to go talk to them first because a lot of locations are tied to supporting NCR

There is actually a path through the mountains which keeps you safe from attack. I don't have the map image to share, you'll have to google.

What the fuck are those stats I don't remember having that much extra points.

>Gifted + Small Frame
Gee I wonder.

Gifted trait aka noob crutch

Ask for directions, it's an unbroken line between klamath, den, merdoc (mydoc? I forot how to spell it) and from there to vault city. If you want the best route, just go through the mountains, you are not on a time limit and nothing can really hurt you if you take your time, play the game, do quests, and level up.

gifted gives you +1 to all special stats at the cost of less skill points at char gen + at level up

small frame gives +1 agility but less carry weight

there are also npcs hidden around that can increase your combat skills
not my fault they didn't change it between fallout 1 and 2

>If you got Gifted you didn't finish the game

Attached: 5436y5hg34.png (500x721, 204.22K)

My bad didn't notice perks. imo gifted fucks your early game really bad so it's a good trade off for stats.

It only matters in Temple of Trials and you can hit-and-run everything in there.

Attached: trails2.jpg (640x378, 63.59K)

Correct

eh i feel like quite a few skills are just duds and the extra special points make your tagged skills as good if not better

Attached: file.png (432x511, 30.11K)

>barely hit anything except unarmed/melee build
>can't steal
>can't lockpick
>can't first aid
>can't disarm traps
>can't fix crippled limbs
it's just the early game and it can be savescummed anyway. also outdoorsman reduces chances of encounters if i remember correctly.

I think outdoorsman also gives you more options on wether or not you want to engage a random encounter, but I might be misremembering

>found alien blaster and pivoted
I think the ammo is really scarce for it, but I might be mixing it up.
Small Guns has that one pistol (which I can't remember the name of, the .223?) which you can get early game, and it will essentially carry you to late game, especially mixed with unarmed which is also a fantastic skill in FO2

>noooooo you can't use the good abilities you must intentionally gimp yourself
fucking kill yourself dumb zoomer

more like a newfaggot trying to fit in because "Any Forums is contrarian".
little he knows that a true Any Forumstizen never plays video games.

first aid, traps and steal are literally worthless, you can steal even with no skill if you save your game, doctor is straight up superior to first aid, and traps never do enough damage so you can just disarm them with your face and few stimpacks
now if you bitch about ironman/no reload game then you can never ever use steal because even with 300% skill you can never guarantee a steal on anything and the consequences of failing a steal check usually puts the entire city hostile and is just devastating