Resident evil is still alive

>resident evil is still alive
>silent hill is dead
It isn't fair

Attached: silent-hill-2-2.jpg (1710x900, 71.37K)

you should die as well.

>good franchise is alive
>shit franchise is dead
Sounds fair to me

Kys re trannies

RE was way more consistently great, though
>RE1: fantastic
>RE2: Fantastic
>RE3: good
>RE4: fantastic
>RE5: great with a friend, mediocre without
>RE6: terrible

versus

>SH1: fantastic
>SH2: fantastic
>SH3: good
>SH4: mediocre
>homecoming: awful
>downpour: awful

Is the og Xbox port of Silent Hill 2 any good?

SH might make a comeback.

>>silent hill is dead
Thank their dumbass fans

>RE3
>RE5
>good
man cmon

>RE6: terrible
It was fantastic with a friend and it sold more than most other games too.

I tried playing silent hill 1 but I can't into that weird era of ps1 games. Does it get more interesting? So far it's not scary, the voice acting is trash, and the only thing hard is moving my guy around which is a slight inconvienance due to tank controls (not really a big deal though). I just feel like this is one of those games that people played when it came out, had fun, have nostalgia for, but people playing them now try them out, dislike them, and then assume they are the problem. am I wrong?
>inb4 yes
yes, but why?

Don't care about 5 but RE3 definitely is a good game.

It's the superior version of the game. The only thing the PS2 version does better is, unsurprising for a Sony console, pre-rendered cutscenes.

>It was fantastic with a friend
that's the worst argument for quality. everything is fun with friends

I personally think 3 was better then 2.

You are the one that said that RE5 was great with a friend unless I'm talking to another user.

You are.

Silent Hill was always a sloppy and not very engaging game to play. All of them are like that. Resident Evil 1 - 3 and Dino Crisis are way more well designed and thought out games.

Unfortunately it didn't make that much money. Konami wanted the series to be more action-oriented like RE but it doesn't really work so they just killed it

I beat SH1 for the first time last year and I loved it. The start is a bit tedious, but I got carried away with it after a while. Better than I expected.

What did you like about it?

>SH1 better than 3
Not sure I see it

SH3 is literally
>What if we remade SH1 but worse in every way?
>Why would anyone play that?
>We'll swap in coomerbait for the protagonist. Retards will love it.
>I think you're going to kill the franchise with this boneheaded move.
And they did. SH3 saw the greatest decline in sales for the franchise. Not even the supposedly objectively awful western games hurt the franchise as much as SH3 did. It is objectively terrible and only liked by retards.

>RE4: fantastic
I still genuinely wonder why people like 4.
I am replying it on the Zucc's VR headset and except for the obivous gimmick (first shooter game I tried) the game is as terrible as it gets.
I didn't even remember how much of a cringe Bmovie action protagonist Leon is in there.

>he got filtered because it didn't turn into an american action movie half-way through each game
RE is only doing well right now because it lifted from PT afrer it got cancelled dude

I always liked SH4. I liked MCs relationship with his neighbor and the first person view in his apartment was really unsettling, along with the whole concept of him being trapped in his apartment with the chains on his door being a really striking image. Then he finds a big ass occult hole and he has literally nothing else to do but crawl in, and the ghosts invading your safe space apartment was kino

dude i prefer 4 to 3 and even then it's pretty obvious 4 was the endpoint. they broke up team silent when it was finished after all

One of the gayest opinions known to man.

You're not going to pretend SH isn't full to the brim with combat, are you? Because that would be stupid.

did we play the same games?

It's a matter of what the game focuses on.

>beating something to death with a steel pipe in a corrider
vs
>o no there's 20 zombies in this room, good thing i've got my grenade launcher with incendiary ammo so i can finish this hollywood countdown sequence

If we get a new SH game who should develop it?

You get a gun in SH games too, it’s not as over the top but there’s boss fights with damage sponges in both series

nobody currently doing horror games, it's all indie wank about "bloo bloo muh depression muh trauma i'm a tremendous fucking faggot" or boogaloo jumpscarefests

Mgs4 snake looks more realistic because his facial anatomy is supple instead of how big boss was sculpted. The mesh also doesn't have any pores, the facial animation is also less heavily rigged which I like more.
The head shape for Mgs V BiBo also seems to be a bit weird in comparison and his skin gets shiny time to time which I guess adds to the realism when there's a wet scene or during rain but I guess I'm too used to seeing things damp and matted than shiny when things get wet.

Attached: ezgif-5-b2dc9470cc.png (446x612, 283.4K)

SH3 & 4 were made concurrently by different people.
>they broke up team silent when it was finished after all
The idea there was this consistent group of people that worked on all the Jap Silent Hill games is complete bullshit invented by a stupid fanbase. Just look at the credits of the games and you'll see there's few people who worked on more than one Silent Hill game. Akira Yamaoka is the only person who worked on all of them and he went on to work on the western games too. Team Silent is a myth. It's nothing more than the label they slapped on the project group of random Konami employees they assembled to make a Silent Hill game. The was no studio called "Team Silent". They didn't all stick together or anything like that. The formed a new project group with new people every single game. The guy who created the fucking franchise left Konami after the first game and went to work for Sony.