They did it

they fucking did it, finally a GOOD dragon bossfight.

Attached: Dragonlord-Placidusax-780x470.jpg (780x470, 34.13K)

>it's just the ancient dragon with a different name but with the same movesets and patterns

Placidusax is literally the only dragon in Elden Ring that has a unique moveset.

>get to this guy
>he does 1 attack, AI breaks, stops moving completely
yeah it was a good fight

This fight was seriously awesome. Whoever designed it should work on a kaiju game.

If by unique you mean a moveset ripped straight out of the midir fight

gee, I didn't know midir had an attack where he transforms into a thundercloud

holy retard

Never played DS3, was Midir not good? I heard he was the first good dragon bossfight.

Also I loved the Placidusax fight but they really REALLY shouldve put a Stake of Marika near his location.

He's okay, just takes a little too long to get to him and to fight him cause he's tanky and you have to hit his face for full damage.

I hated Midir.

He's good but too sedentary to capture the ideal dragonslaying experience, which I think Midir and Sinh fit better.

Midir is a fine enough bossfight but he takes forever to kill while being able to obliterate you with ease

Midir is a great fight if you stay in his face instead of using the attack the rear strat that works for most monster bosses in souls games.
The only really annoying thing about his fight is the move where he spergs across the arena and you have to go running after him.

Eh I don't know if that's true unless he bugs out, he teleports around a alot

it's a shitty fight, kalameet was a much better dragon boss
you are retarded

Midir is great, he just filters people who try to bite his ankles

OH N-

Attached: Dragonkiller.jpg (1000x666, 135.95K)

>his remembrance doesn't give the badass lightning claw, but a terrible dragon incant
Goddamnit.

Attached: 1647697317878.jpg (797x848, 83.1K)

it was ok, definetly not a fan of him teleporting around and coming down with a sweep that fucks you up because the camera spazzes out and could catch your roll with its claws or the aoe of the claws

I wanted that lightning nuke. Probably the coolest move in the game.

>The lightning attack that cuts the track mid fight
holy kino

teleporting behind your enemy and slashing them in half with lightning claws would have been far too kino
it would be impossible to do anything else after having experienced it

>you are supposed to hit his head for more damage
>I kept going for the tail until it dies because I was hoping for a tail weapon
>takes way less damage on the tail
it took me 3 tries but damn I felt stupid
yeah me too, reminded me of an attack from MHW although I don't remember which, maybe the meteor from the behemoth. with the music suddenly stopping and silence breaking through as the attack gets ready

He's just kind of strange, he has one attack that is really hard to spot, one of those shoulder checks. You're meant to chase him and swing on his face (or blast the shit out of him with magic while you run around).
None of FROM's massive boss fights are honestly all that good, the camera loses its fucking mind, usually they have at least one move that will oneshot your ass even with a fair amount of HP, stuff like that.
With that said he is infinitely better than something like Ancient Dragon which is just embarrassing.
Oddly enough I think Gaping Dragon and Seath are a couple of the giant fights in the series that aren't completely shit because of the combination of the camera + them not spazzing out and flying all over. Sinh wasn't terrible either, but I hardly remember him at all.