*saves horror games*

*saves horror games*

Attached: CC823E37-FB4F-4470-87C7-D257CF309BC6.jpg (828x692, 119.91K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vFB8TSoWrIM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Psychological horror doesn’t work when you can be assured you will never have to go into fight or flight mode.

I just want to explore a big abandoned house and read notes without having to worry about dying or being scared.

these games have funny jump scare sound effects.
i like the one that goes "DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOGGG"

Okay what if it doesn't disable it.

>I just want to play Dark Souls without having to git gud

Capcom were the only developers ever to make good horror games. Sad but true.

Isn't that the only reason anyone plays those piles of shit? The gameplay isn't exactly saving it.

The Termina Festival will arrive soon, friends!
youtube.com/watch?v=vFB8TSoWrIM

what if clicking that option gave you an immediate jumpscare lol

>I want to play Gone Home but with the house lights off
Faggot.

would be based if turning them off made them louder or scarier

You're a bitch.

Or just didn't do anything. That'd be a a real good one.

People don't understand shit, it's not about removing jumpscares, jumpscares are useful to mantain tension, but they need to be used in moderation.
No jumpscares will make you more relaxed, but too many and people will just expect it and get bored.

>I just want to play Undertale without undergoing sex change surgery

Knowing for sure that jumpscares will never happen is way less tense than not knowing.

puppet combo are a bunch of hacks

That would actually be pretty smart game design, can’t have that. You know there’d be articles about how “nun massacre lies to sensitive players and that is not OK: sensitivity in the horror gaming space” or some bullshit

Being startled is not the same as being scared
Jump scares are shit and will always be shit

Being scared isn't fun.

Attached: bbc.jpg (1024x576, 43.45K)

>IS THAT ANOTHER BONE CHILLING MILK CURDLING NO JUMP SCARE PUPPETCOMBO GAME!?!?!?

Attached: soahg[9.png (201x250, 5.33K)

That would be genius.

No, but the promise of being startled adds to the tension.
One or two jumpscares is good, it's all about balance.

>frogposter
>shit opinion
clike lokwork

>oh man i can't wait to play this horror games, i LOVE scary things!
>*turns off everything that could possible scare them because the heckin anxiety might get triggered*
zoomers are very special "people"

Having both is the best design. High intensity moments of pure fight or flight will also enhance and be enhanced by looming dread during quiet moments. It’s like saying “bass is shit in music you just need drums”

It's also about how it's handled. If it's just a bright flash and loud noise it can fuck off. If it's something more subtle like a monster coming out of the darkness that's great.

>turn off jumpscares
>actually increases frequency of jumpscares

Attached: Gaboo_MR2.jpg (256x192, 10.45K)

If we're going for the music analogy, a better equivalent to jumpscares would be cowbell.

Attached: Koebel.jpg (238x174, 4.38K)

I kinda dig how some of their games look. Particularly the gas station attendant one. But boy I wish they didn't rely on the scare equivalent of someone firing a shotgun next to your ear.
Creepy dudes eyeing you up and down on a night shift is scary enough. Popping your eardrums is just obnoxious.

Why are anons attacking this guy? He's saying he wants to explore A abandoned house just one time for the setting alone. He's not implying he wants ALL horror games to be devoid of jumpscares.

>You can turn off the jumpscares in Nun Massacre
this might be the funniest sentence I've seen this year