Elden Ring released recently and being a big fan of the series I couldn't help but jump in straight away rather than...

>Elden Ring released recently and being a big fan of the series I couldn't help but jump in straight away rather than wait for the PC release

Attached: unnamed.jpg (900x900, 31.92K)

How did he mindbreak soulsfags so hard they seethe over him 5 years later? He didn't even shit on the game that hard and said he actually liked it.

Cuz he was right.

t. Souls fan

It's because they can't separate aesthetics and mechanics. It's the same thing where game/movie must be good because good graphics.

Seconding

Soulsfag here, ive never seethed and enjoy most of his videos (zelda is for retarded children). Stop falseflagging troon. Touch grass.

Attached: 1618560843941.jpg (700x681, 31.03K)

>That tweet about Sekiro saying the Sekiro video would have too many of the same whining "points" as the Soul of Souls or whatever cringe name video.

I don't see how anyone can respect him in that sense. Sekiro isn't a Souls game. It shares some minor controls similarities yeah. But fundamentally its not even close to the same game. Its like saying From can only make one kind of game. Atleast he didn't make said video but if he had the same complaints hes clearly a fucking retard.

why does he like japanese games about cool guys wearing sunglasses so much

Sekiro isn't literally a souls games but it shares a lot of more minute details that end up impacting the game in a big way.
It leans on the action elements the most and while it does end up being better than souls just on a pure fun factor, it's still really shallow and arguably even more shallow since you're stuck with the one weapon, a handful of weapon arts (that you can only have one at a time), and fairly situational prosthetics stuck behind an arbitrary ammo system that limits use in longer bosses.
I can't say for sure what matt would say about Sekiro if he went in-depth but just from my own personal feelings, the game is still very much standing in the shadow of the souls series and doesn't go far enough in being it's own unique thing both compared to souls and compared to action games as a whole.

>he was right about everything in the end

Wasn't that comment about DS3? Sekiro is probably the 2nd best Soulslike game overall, it would be weird if he didn't like it

a
pile
of
rubble

>laments the fact fromsoft focuses too much on unremarkable combat at the expense of the weird scenarios that made demon's souls interesting
>sekiro is a subpar, shallow action game
>reeeee le logical fallacy le contradiction matt has been deboonked!!!
I'm now convinced fromdrones are legitimately mentally handicapped

He's not wrong but not everyone is looking for the same experiences he does in From's game. That's all it boils down to, he doesn't like the direction the series went but most of From's audience does.
Everyone complains about gimmick bosses like Yhorm or Mikolash, he wants more of that.

Attached: VVGK3sf.jpg (807x595, 81.01K)

He's literally been right about everything. Shame he doesn't still make videos.

very trans post

i cant find any other game reviewers on youtube as good as him so i just keep rewatching his stuff
think ive seen the whole Dark Souls Commentary like 3 times

>We have to confront a hard truth that few people seem to want to face about Elden Ring, including From Soft themselves. But here it is: the combat is nothing remarkable.
damn I didn't expect him to go that hard

Attached: 1648333937119.png (578x435, 433.02K)

There's literally no more respectable vidya critics after he stopped making videos. They all either go too long-winded, have shitty opinions, or don't take anything seriously. We need someone to take his place

He doesn't like Bloodborne, he's a fucking idiot

Why though?
Seems like a retard considering how fresh BB was as a concept compared to DS.

Attached: 1645664599829.png (786x974, 420.34K)

he has extremely good taste

Attached: Matthewmatosis.png (645x618, 610.89K)

Matt is and will always be /ourguy/.

Aside from Sekiro it's probably From's most action oriented title of their more recent games, and he doesn't think From does action well. (Because they don't)

play Tekken 7 then!

He likes bloodborne.
Posts on matt threads are mostly lies.

ywnbaw
crawl back to your groomer discord pedo