For those of you who still have a Wii

What do you do about batteries for the Wiimotes? Do you just keep buying them? On my Xbox 360, I have a wire that I can connect from the controller to my laptop so I dont ever have to deal with replacing the batteries for it. Is there any kind of solution like this for the Wii?

Attached: Help Mii with Wii.jpg (1250x1250, 163.9K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gametech.co.jp/products/catalog/1634/1634_1.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Rechargable batteries

/thread

>What do you do about batteries for the Wiimotes?
Nothing, my Wiimotes are all in storage, I use a Gamecube controller for everything.

Rechargeable batteries. You can probably still find third party battery pack and charge stands for them.

>What do you do about batteries for the Wiimotes? Do you just keep buying them?
>Didn't assume rechargeable batteries and moded batteries built in
This is your brain under gen z.

... I should fix my wii.

I use my wii u for wii games now. I never understood the obsession with rechargeable batteries. Just buy a bunch of batteries and use them, you don't have to wait around for it to charge that way.

I have a charging station.

Enloop batteries. They last forever and are rechargeable

There are dedicated solutions too. Probably tons sitting in warehouses. Consider one for more convenience and less landfill.

Attached: GTF-3600mAh-Rechargeable-Game-Battery-with-Charging-Cable-for-Nintendo-Wii-Remote-Controller-game-machine-battery.jpg (800x800, 155.27K)

Or you could buy a charger that comes with a set of four rechargeables. I'm pretty sure a full charge is going to last longer than it takes for the two unused ones to charge up.

wouldn't these all have died by now, given how old the wii is?

I usually charge them overnight and have never needed them when they weren't charged. I can understand buying regular batteries if you only need them for a few things or things that don't require a ton of power but spending 20 bucks to never have to buy batteries again (or at least for a long time) is pretty nice.

Charged and properly stored they should be ok still and unless it is full dead all you have to do is charge it up to give it another 10-15 years.

gametech.co.jp/products/catalog/1634/1634_1.html
its a shame these we're only ever available in Japan

>I never understood the obsession with rechargeable batteries.
Godsend for actual, non-zoomer, humans due of years of dealing with batteries' flaw in their devices and better than Li-ion since easy to access, complete control over them and NOT BLOATING. The tradeoff of added weight and waiting for the recharge is nothing.

I used rechargeable batteries for my xbox controller for a while but they kept cutting out. I used normal batteries and it worked again. Rechargeable batteries are a meme.

>using dead batteries past their point
ngmi

Attached: 1624489068951.webm (1280x720, 2.41M)

are rechargeable batteries much better now than around 15 years ago?

They're probably still being made. You know how china is.

Idk what you mean. Rechargeable batteries were fine 15 years ago.

>ps2 lasers
Finally they do something good.

PSA by the way: charge all the li-ion devices you are not planning to use for 3+ years (or have not used) to 70%, it makes the batteries live longer.

Did this. The next time I took it it was completely dead and didn't charge at all.

>works on my machine
Don't know what to tell you, i've been using the same set for various things for a few years now with no issues.

If the device is constantly on in some sleep mode you're fucked. Remove the battery physically after charging if possible or keep watch so it doesn't fully discharge.

It was like that.

I liked the Wii but those stupid motion controls for most games didn't age well. And it's annoying to put up the motion bar.

Lithium batteries.

I only use gc controller for the wii, mostly because wii games are trash and I only play gc games