What is your biggest criticism of elden ring?

What is your biggest criticism of elden ring?

Attached: eldenring.jpg (1280x720, 81.77K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/VgSUKULYzX8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

it ends

hitboxes

Attached: malenia.webm (600x800, 2.93M)

Derivative

PvP rubberbanding

There's no Elden Ring 2

No PVP arenas, obviously cut from the game late into development.

The gimping of invasions and ashes of war being insane in them vs an invader

Still game of the decade for me though despite some other gripes. Not perfect but pretty dang close

Attached: 1648438258464.png (1920x1080, 8.82K)

game is too fucking anime

dear fucking lord that's horrible

Malenia is objectively a poorly designed boss in many aspects. Maliketh is way too mobile. Reused bosses and samey looking side areas. PVP balance is all over the place right now. Mountaintops and Consecrated Snowfield are inferior to areas prior despite still being okay. Also, no unique cutscenes for 3/6 endings.

That's about it. None of this stops it from being a 10/10.

That it fucking exists.

doc how the fuck

>goddess form
I'm pretty sure you're leaving out the visuals these leave from the roses she spawns with those attacks

Controls are clunky and outdated. Makes me not want to play.

That it’s too popular and essentially made FromSoft mainstream.

Reused enemies and bosses. Fine for the first half and extremely tiresome in the second since they appear more and more.

I'm 10-15 hours in and I'm already burnt out on this game

She's doing AoE attacks in this, missing the visuals of course makes it look bad like said.

Circle r1 combat

It's too big.

You can't pet Torrent. Clearly, Elden Ring is the worst horse racing game ever made

Yes, I know the sphere is her AoE attack. I'm specifically referring to the gigantic jumbo-size hitboxes on the sword which are the definition of artificially inflated difficulty.

Player defenses are too low.

PvE enemies enemy players doing way too much damage to players

The trash mobs are harder than bosses. I think 95% of my deaths come from stupid trash mobs.

Dude the sword hitbox is disjointed by like an entire meter.

This but unironically.

Too much empty space

Exploration is not rewarding.

music is boring

Mobs hit to hard late game and can kill you in 3 or 4 hits even with 60 vigor and armor/poise is fucking pointless in pve. Other then that I love the game.

it ruined other open world games for me

Some of the harder enemies to deal with don't drop anything really rewarding or give alot of runes so it's better to ignore them all together Example Rune Bears or Iron Virgins.

Attached: Dung.png (637x441, 289.68K)

99% of players don’t give a fuck about pvp. Play tekken or something.

Horse is uselless. Basically glorified run button for overworld Today, with a new character, i got thrown out of my horse while it was at full health by,literally, a single attack of the first common zombie enemy holding a spear while it did no visible dmg to the horse

Frequently terrible boss design, brings in all the worst elements of Dark Souls 3 and makes them even worse. Also poise and heavy weapons are borderline useless since bosses do so much damage and poise damage while also being immune to staggering

Not enough Melina.
I want to hang out with torrent at the grace sites. My loyal steed.
Certain boss attacks just seemed to hit way too hard.
I felt some of the end game nonboss enemies HP was a tad too high. Just made it tedious to kill.

Still an amazing game.

no non-hostile towns or settlements except the shitty hub area. what's the point of saving the world if all you're saving is a bunch of jellyfish and zombie infested gigantic ruins? despite the mythic scale of the plot, it seems like nothing is at stake.

Fuck you, I love torrent.

>Enemy health and damage vastly outrank yours in comparison to any other of the games by FromSoftware
>Music is absolutely forgettable
One of those two.

Attached: 1647190160402.png (953x947, 403.25K)

Shit and wrong take, PvP is what keeps people coming back after they get bored of PvE and all you have to do is look at the Souls games for proof.

Poor balancing. 50 Vigor/health stat would be massive in past games for basic PVE finishing the game runs. 50 feels like nothing for the last stretch of the game, not only against bosses but enemies.

Bears, not runebears, in the Mistwoods are worth 15. Boars, that don't attack back and can be killed in one hit are worth 7. Runebears themselves are tanky as fuck, dynamic ass fights and they hit hard as fuck. Worth fuck all compared to one zone over aka Caelid where a reskinned enemy gives as much.

Its not as good as Ds2

Too many to count.

Attached: 1619366831602.png (2530x1100, 573.95K)

General placement of enemies is badly done.
>Imps are suppossive guardians of catacombs
>but also find them in lyndell sewers
>vulgar militia are apparently watchmen of the forbidden lands
>but also find them in random caves and shit
>after beating radahn and coming back to his castle, it's suddenly repopulated with his soldier and that festival plaza has a boss in it now
>the bosses are a crucible knight and a lion misbegotten because why not
Game needs a scholar of the first sin type of rework

youtu.be/VgSUKULYzX8 Shame they cut it

Hmm PvP has always been a part of these games. Most of them even had pvp boss fights or dedicated pvp covenant zones

>STR feels a bit undertuned atm.
>Summons trivialize the difficulty nearly all the time.
>Not a lot of direction with many side quests. A journey detailing who you've spoken to would be quite helpful. And maybe a bit more direction with certain ones.

It's otherwise basically perfect. Cranked out 150 hours in a month on it.

Second half is complete garbage, a mean its the usual thing with From games but its worse here because its open world. Reused bosses and enemies up the ass is never good. Soundtrack is pretty weak, with like three really good tracks and the rest are just okay to meh. Game's story is weak and the lore is half good.

Light roll should be bloodborne step dodge.
Medium roll should be current light roll.
Heavy should lots of poise unironically.

Attached: 1648438924085.jpg (1630x1272, 648.36K)

Autistic retards using lag to teleport and backstab are 1% of the playerbase

>sewers are connected to catacombs
That's the only one I can defend

>Most of them even had pvp boss fights
which you never got an actual player in 1 week after launch, shame since it was the most interesting use of the pvp system

What do you mean we already have fifty branch of yores/stonesword keys in every other place.

More third-person trash. In a long list of third person trash that stretches back to... god knows when.

Attached: 200.gif (355x200, 495.61K)

Try having a huge explosion near your face without getting hurt, faggot. You can't.

>excessively reused assets and padded world
>combat is unsatisfying and doesn't reward mechanical skill like Sekiro
>far too easy to miss/ruin quests unless you constantly look for npcs

It's still an extremely good game, but it's not perfect.

I was actually getting summoned for 3s surprisingly consistent at level 100 like a year after it came out
Then I got to 120 and never got another hit

re-use of too many boss types and dungeon structures
mines/catacombs really should have been conceptualized like BB chalice dungeons and at least be up-front with how copy/paste they are

Attached: 1647470183411.jpg (667x645, 53.97K)

PC preformance.

It's too large a game, a lot of people get fatigued before finishing it, and it's a large scope of things to do for future playthroughs, it also released unfinished.

I love the combat and love whips and katanas, can’t wait to play again with great sword and faith.

I enjoyed the game, but: not a strong enough sense of what you're trying to do until after the fact. I'm not saying I want NPCs railroading me, but there's so many times you're just told to do shit without knowing why. Why am I killing shardbearers? Why am I trying to get to the erdtree? Why am I in Farum Azula? You're only told why you're doing shit after you've already done it, which leaves you not super compelled to go forward. Compare this to Dark Souls 1, where you have a clear goal: ring the bells of awakening to honor the guy who freed you. That opens the door to sens and anor londo, where you learn what the goal is: link the flame, in order to do this you need to kill the 4 holders of the lordsoul. The lore is there for those who want to go deeper into things, but your "quest" is fairly easy to understand. Elden Ring just sends you places, has you beat the boss, and then tells you why you just did that. It's very unsatisfying.

Attached: 1646972243339.jpg (1080x1079, 287.8K)

Just get it on ps5 bro

Mahalo doc

>open world third person action game with crafting and stealth elements
Just how many of these do we really need?

Too repetitive. It was fun fighting a dragon for the first, second, even third times, but the fourteenth?
Not just dragons, too many enemies in this game are the size of a house and ninja flip or run through the screen and the whole thing just kinda looks bad.
Still a nice game.

Upgrade/upgrade material gating system is terrible.
It discourages trying out new things, since they need to be upgraded to similar level before you can get in appropriate practice to gauge if it's something you'd even want to use.

It would have been better off without the ability to upgrade your weapons, the stats should be the main growth of your character.

the music is ass
the boss music is so bad and distracting it completely ruins the fun of the boss fights and i had to turn it off.
the ambient background music in the open world is really boring and repetitive and feels soulless.
i'm a musician and the shitty music (as well as sound effects) in this game were a pretty low point for me.

It's fun and it's better than most games, but it still feels off.

Also the ashes, not just the weapons.

Consecrated snowfield, also some bosses just do too much damage. Armor feels kind of shit for mitigation outside of insanely high poise sets when you are better served just buffing and wearing a talisman

>people still play the original DS1, DS2, and DS3 years after release
>arena was still active 24/7 on DS3 all the way until the servers went down
>"b-b-but no one cares about pvp!"

big ass boss dashes away
re used enemies
too much damage
I ignored consumables again

>Turned off music
Uh oh, you didn't played the game.

Too much quantity over quality. They need to condense things more, they didn't have enough content to warrant the world being as huge as it was. The need to focus more on combat and enemy/boss design as well. Spirit summons led to a lot of bullshit bosses with very little openings. I want a tighter more refined experience like Sekiro.They need to show us enemy stance/stamina information for example. It's still a great game but not the best they are capable of in my opinion.

your character doesn't yell NIHIL when you use the Bloodboone Ritual weapon art

it's been over a decade and fromsoft still hasn't adjusted their AI to deal with a bow

Needs more fingers but hole

Reuse of the shittiest bosses, terrible pvp balance that is all 3v1s, horribly broken shit and widely abused bugs like carian retaliation, some of the areas of the game are just barren with not even anything to look at, a disproportionately large amount of exploration rewards in the game are uniquely for intelligence characters, everything gets staggered way too easily so you end up feeling like you cheesed everything because they get stunned constantly, leap attacks being significantly better than any other attack pattern against non-players is stupid, weapon upgrade materials aren't properly distributed so you naturally end up doing way too much damage proportionate to enemies if you do the content that is available, much of the lore seems pretty haphazard and shallow, most of the NPC questlines are entirely unsatisfying or even unresolved, the game seems to contain innumerable ways to cheese everything to the extent that you have to avoid using the majority of the mechanics in the game if you actually want to feel any sense of challenge and satisfaction.