Why does every review for The Outer Worlds trip over themselves trying to point out how good Parvati's storyline was?

Why does every review for The Outer Worlds trip over themselves trying to point out how good Parvati's storyline was?

It was mediocre at best and it's been done better.

Attached: parvati_cropped (1).jpg (1400x1400, 226.35K)

Only characters name they could remember.

If it's a lesbian, that's why they tell you it's good.

cuz she is a black poc

I haven't played OW but why does she look like Panam from Cyberpunk2077?

who gives a fuck about reviewers

She's an asexual lesbian, which "they all are" shitposting aside is super confusing to me

The only thing lesbians deserve is an abusive relationship

Attached: 32.jpg (1114x1600, 362.13K)

the game is forgettable. everything is so basic or just falls flat. combat is is cut and dry. you can literally the cut story and content. even the satire and political commentary falls flat because all the corpo guys are cartoonishly evil. fallout has better rpg mechanics. obsidian only shat out NV because bethesda was backing them. they set out on their own and made one of the blandest and most forgettable rpgs of all time.

She is the most fleshed out character in the game, and it isnt even a contest. I thought her stupid date night subquest was 'fine', lgbtshit notwithstanding. And between that and her daddy issues, she is just okay as a character. I mean, who is better built than her? The other nigger dyke? The whiny crybaby faggot? The parent issue dyke? Rick from rick and morty?
At least thats what i remembered when i played this shitass game.

meant to say you feel the cut content

Because shes representation of poc / asexual / lesbians, so she is 10/10 just for existing and if you don't think so you're a bigot.

Yeah you are right on the money

I didnt even follow through her storyline. The moment she said she was in love with that engineer girl I told her that work was more important and the storyline ended there.

i did all the sidequests for all the other characters. the vicar was the best one.

Attached: 12-6-2021_4-09-39_AM-5v4lwf33.png (1920x1080, 1.71M)

>lengthy quest line about making sure her date with another chick goes absolutely perfectly
>it has all the hallmarks of a "romance plot" but your entire role is kindling her romance with somebody else
NTRchads win again

Attached: Parvati_and_Junlei_on_a_date.png (1415x961, 2.84M)

Its the only part of the game with character writing so they suck it off in a sad attempt to cope with the reality of modern obsidian. It's very sad to watch.

Attached: 1647134208051.png (571x403, 545.92K)

This.
There were so many almost good parts that I really wonder what another year's dev time and bit more money would have done.

Whats his story again? I remember i killed someone for his book, went on an empty and bland asteroid with him, smoked some weed and confronted his mommy issues or something.

Didn't preacher guy have about as much fleshing out?

>only girl with a normal haircut
>is a turbo dyke
Making Parvati fall in love with the other dyke then killing her new wife before her eyes and watching her break down crying asking me why, then me killing Parvati as she begs to die was the only kino part of the whole game.

>I really wonder what another year's dev time and bit more money would have done.
Introduced a ton more bugs

That was basically it.
Fell a bit flat if you ask me. Basically took a multifaceted complex guy and just made him boring.

This game was horrible

Probably, I've still got my fingers crossed for the sequel though.
Setting has potential and some bits weren't completely awful.

why does everyone in this game have the same face model

Okay okay, ignoring the story and characters for a sec, does the game do anything well?
I remember trying to make a sniper build and your damage is pathetic and you dont even get good skills to help you.

About the only thing it does well is melee builds. Tried multiple gun builds that just devolved into the charging laser rifle? because it's the only thing that worked against the bullet sponges. On my second playthrough I just started whacking shit and had an ok time.

Gonna be honest, it's a pain in the ass to make any of the builds good, other than melee or heavy weapons which just fucking break the game

No.

if you didn't do 1 intelligence you played the game wrong

who else here got the ice cream ending?

>ice cream ending
elaborate. i'm aware of the fly into the sun ending with a low enough int

i think that idea of the game itself is interesting. An outer space colony run by corporations sounds like a fun idea. but the game itself needed at least another year and a half of dev time. there is so much cut content that you, as the player, can see it. there where so many moments in the game where i though "oh i can see where there are going with this" but it just led nowhere. for example, character builds, weapons, and armor. there are almost no actual armors in the game, you just pick up the next best one you find, and all of them are just reskins with nothing unique about them. i ended the game with an upgraded laser pistol i picked up within the first 2 hours of the game because there was just nothing interesting about any of other weapons. speech checks are a joke, literally a dumbed down version of fallout. i wanted to like to like this game so bad, but its suck "plain hamburger" type of rpg.

this, NPC behavior

Play a better game

Attached: apgame 2012-09-18 21-04-13-62.jpg (1920x1080, 200.63K)

I would but Starfield isn't out yet.