What would it take to get a new F-Zero game?

What would it take to get a new F-Zero game?

Attached: o6PI0R0.png (1280x720, 1013.73K)

Mario Kart 8 to stop selling
so, what I am saying here is we are fucked

This

Attached: 1643927662442.webm (1008x720, 2.41M)

For you to personally suck off miyamoto San in exchange

It's never going to happen. F-Zero is too raw for current day Nintendo and current day Nintendo fans.

It would take someone to make a fan game that gets c&d, only for the official game to end up inferior than the fan game.

The real answer is that somebody at Nintendo needs to come up with a reason for a new F-Zero game to exist. Yes, seeing a new F-Zero in HD with fancy car models and new tracks would be cool, but how can they innovate on F-Zero GX in a meaningful way that isn't just the same game over again? You might say
>Well what about Mario Kart? MK8 barely has new stuff over 7 and it's got tons of sequels
And you're right. But Mario Kart 8 sells 40 million copies while F-Zero GX sold ~1.5 million. It's okay for the Gamecube era, but nothing incredible.
F-Zero GX is pretty much as perfect an F-Zero game as you could possibly create. There's literally nowhere to go for GX, they got it in three

Attached: 1446886407502.jpg (1280x720, 167.45K)

Face it
A new F-Zero would be casualized as fuck, with guardrails in all tracks and no crash damage
It would be fucking disgusting

I think the answer is to focus on what makes F-Zero unique over Mario Kart. Mario Kart is all about chaos, but F-Zero is about constant danger, not just of the unexcepted, but the knowledge that a racer could just slam into you and destroy you. Make vehicular combat a more central part of the series. Yes, you could always kill racers and net yourself lives, but make it more rewarding and viable to be the absolute last vehicle standing. Expand the Death Race mode from X and do more than just the bland loop course. Prioritize 30 player seamless 60 FPS online battle royals where the players are just as much a constant threat to immediately end your race as the sharp turns of the course.

>30 player 60 fps online
Wish I could be as optimistic as you user, but that's the stuff of dreams. There's no universe in which Nintendo aims for (much less succeeds in) hitting those numbers. But how I wish.

All I can say is that even besides what I already said, even if we look at F-Zero as a purely technical showcase like Nintendo has viewed it before, 30 player 60 FPS online would be an impressive benchmark for this kind of game, and on the switch too no less. There is room to innovate, but there isn't an internal team that's passionate enough nor a mandate from on high to push it.

nintendo no longer makes games that require skill, it's all about sales now

Are there any indie devs making an F-Zero clone? All I've seen are Wipeout clones.

nintendo simultaneously losing all the casual normalcattle AND being boycotted by enthusiasts until they have no choice but to start putting effort in again like they used to.

>nintendo actively watching the number of concurrent people playing Fzero on NSO to see whether it's worth making a new game.
I could totally see that being a reason for why they don't make one.

This is also probably true

I was baffled that this game was released and to this day I cringe thinking about it. It's like if someone dropped a dog biscuit into an empty game box and handed it to you with a genuine smile, clearly expecting you to be overjoyed and impressed with this. Just sad and awkward

Closest is Super Pilot and that's it.

player 60 fps online
I've been saying this for years now. Based post.

Attached: 1638603445930.jpg (192x183, 9.29K)

i finna say it

X is the best one

nope
literally everything is done better in gx
its peak sci-fi racing
more webms?

>30 players, all trying to perform techniques like DTDs with mixed results

Attached: cap.png (750x654, 178.83K)

why is gx so fucking difficult even on normal? Shits crazy

people actually giving a shit about f-zero.

The cups are way too easy in GX. Even Master level cups in SNES were way harder than they are in GX. GX's cups on master are a fucking joke, the only thing hard about that game is the story mode on hard and above which I just don't like playing as much compared to doing Cups.

show me your save file 100%ing the game besides the arcade locked parts
oh wait
you didnt beat it

I'd be on there right now if they didn't charge out the ass to rent N64 roms.