This filters the Elden Ring generation

This filters the Elden Ring generation.

Attached: nioh stances.jpg (1255x1223, 167.25K)

>just end up only using the one stance that has the best attacks or best skills for that weapon
whoa... so deep...
I know they tried to encourage you to swap stances with that stamina/miasma clear from switching stances ability, but it was usually just better to stay in the stance with the most overpowered skill. This is a system that looks complicated and deep at first glance but really just ends up being padding that usually doesn't matter.

Unnecessary mechanic, I end up just use the strongest stance

Funny how niohfags can't attract any attention to their threads without souls baiting

You have to use a weapon that plays significantly different in each stance to get your all out of the mechanic.

>just end up only using the one stance
Congratz you just ousted yourself as a retard that doesnt know the most basic mechanics of the game

Is it possible to play purely as a ninja in Nioh 1?
Would that involve a secondary weapon?
I ordered the Nioh collection for the PS5 and it'll arrive in 2 days, I don't want to be an idiot and look up minmax builds but I watched a streamer be a ninja and it looked fun as fuck

Attached: Boomer asking the youngins about Nioh.jpg (164x307, 8.73K)

>use switchglave
>spam same two moves that swap between high and mid stance
>brag about how much skill nioh 2 takes on Any Forums

Attached: EpOON-cXUAITMkq.jpg (828x792, 43.98K)

Even with the Kusarigama and the Spear, which had pretty wildly different styles for their stances, it ended up only really being a matter of picking between long range and close range. Which was nice to have, but it didn't really feel I was worth having the whole weapon switch mechanic for. Like, if the stance mechanic just wasn't in the game and instead the Stance button just gave a weapon specific special attack, like throwing your Kusarigama or a wide swipe with the spear, it wouldn't really have impacted most peoples gameplay.
It didn't even really feel like there was a reward for mastery, like in a game like Devil May Cry where learning all the various moves would allow you to do crazy stuff. In Nioh the most crazy stuff was generally just using skills. Which technically are a part of the stance system because of the control scheme to activate the skills, but they didn't NEED to have a stance system to use skills.

>pick high stance
one shot everything wow

Fine, do the stance switch to get the extra ki then immediately go back to the stance with the best attack.

It was better in Ghost of Tsushima

>soulsfag threads: haha wow I'm having so much fun
>niohfag threads: OUR GAME IS SO MUCH BETTER THAN SOULS GAMES EVERYONE ELSE IS SO STUPID BUT ME

Attached: 1399059719525.jpg (360x403, 70.68K)

This right here is the problem.
They put all this effort into adding this mechanic into the game, but then it wasn't OPTIMAL to actually use it.

I'm not sure how they could have fixed the system to actually make it good. Maybe some system where every time you attack in a stance, the other two stances gain an attack bonus next time they're used? The ki recovery was an effort to make it useful but like that guy said, I just usually used it to switch right back to the more useful stance after getting the ki.

>it's unnecessary
That just means you didn't want to master the combat system and it's okay to admit it. I don't use all the parry actions either so I have room for improvement but the stances are still useful to me.

>axe
>high stance
>facetank my way to victory
thanks for the optional gameplay option but I'll pass

Could I just play through 2 with a katana as my own self insert samurai chad?

God, I wish there was just a pure action game with this system. What a shame that it had to be coupled with RPG loot that often runs counterproductive to it, rather than enhance it.

You always have 2 weapons equipped at a time so just pick Katana and Big Katana or Katana and Two Katana

He knows the basic mechanics, he just doesn't use them because they're unneeded. I crushed Nioh with literally one attack. Didn't have to change.

Hardly, still playing through Nioh 2 but got sidelogged by Endwalker, Elden Ring and Stranger of Paradise

Nioh's combat is not particularly deep once you realize most people will default to heavy-stance and switch to mid-stance only as a mix-up, completely ignoring light-stance

Attached: 1632964098949.png (153x318, 99.28K)

Attached: nioh sisters.jpg (957x236, 60.16K)

>Any Forums says high stance is the only worthwhile stance
What are active skills?

You fix it by simply limiting the attacks recovery and permit stance change as a cancelling tech. This is what most fighting games do to make a stance character actually have some necessity to stance changes.

I think it can be done, especially if you just use dual swords as your main weapon

Ninjutsu is its own thing layered on top of the normal swordplay and weapon/armor system, essentially you use it for weapon buffs, thrown weapons, and other things that (I hate to use this comparison but) Dark Souls items would be useful for. You can play a ninja pretty succinctly if you get a lot of ninjutsu, wear light-armor, use normal katanas or kusarigamas, and maybe dip into Onmyoji magic for elemental enchantments and spells as "ninpo"

I'm going to completely ignore stances and use an iai rear attack build thanks.