It just dawned on me how small rupees are and why your wallet in-game holds so many

it just dawned on me how small rupees are and why your wallet in-game holds so many

Attached: jpg.jpg (373x246, 28.21K)

I want to eat rupees

those giant jewels? that wallet must be massive!

Those look like jello i want to eat it, what do they taste like

I don't understand how rupees are a viable method of payment when I think of how coins work.

where is the rupee mint? who makes them?

>green ruby
>red ruby
>blue ruby
literally what were they thinking

Attached: 1556040150382.gif (326x281, 170.11K)

I like to hink that they are this small and that's why people lose them in grass

Attached: mvhypuu75f441.jpg (1987x1987, 162.09K)

Exactly, they seem to have no innate value or use, which which would be good as currency based on trust, but there's nothing that would prevent you from making your own if you had the crystals? In some games or fantasy series like these, these crystals would have value as magic crystals that can be used for stuff, but there's nothing like that in Zelda other than the few games where like arrows use up rupees, or the magic armor.

IIRC there was a cave for a minigame in Skyward Sword that shows rupees are just mined from the ground

how secure is hyrules banking system? termina was a complete shitshow. you could walk up after a fresh reset and somehow withdraw money from your account. and dont even get me started on switching races

sirs?

Good morning sirs

Didn't that work because of the invisible ink tattoo? I mean that in itself is stupid, because it meant he was constantly drawing on you with invisible ink, but that way the fuck didn't have to keep a record himself for the bank account, but yes, basically easy to defraud.

Termina was because Link had a bank card, and it said he had that many rupees. Link was effectively committing fraud.

if that's true then who the fuck spent all the time hiding them in treasure chests across the land?

Been ages since I played Majora but pretty sure the banker dude stamp your hand with some magic ink that keeps track of your banking activity even when you fuck with time. Sounds like a pretty trustworthy system to me.

hyrule was the same, you can gather rupees as an adult, travel back in time and spend them

Who hides gold in a chest? Just because you can procure it from the ground, doesn't mean it's common
It's some kind of gem, so it's reasonable to assume it's rare enough. Other currencies like seashells or bottle caps are far more stupid

My head-canon for rupees has always been that they're massively large as depicted in the game, but they have some property that lets them turn into generic magical energy, which explains why your wallets are limited by value and not number of gems, why you need a special magical wallet to hold more gems instead of just getting any random sack, explains why they can be invisibly hidden in things like small patches of grass, and explains why your wallet can be so physically small yet contain hundreds of them, and explains why you always have exact change (like if you only have a blue rupee in your wallet but manage to pay 1 green for something).

oh shit you're right. will link ever be prosecuted for his crimes?

Why does Hyrule use Indian currency?

after much political pressure princess zelda was forced to charge him with crimes against humanity but he fled to termina to repeat his evil deeds

>explains why they can be invisibly hidden in things like small patches of grass
They're not invisible, they're just small enough to go overlooked in the grass. Why would cutting the grass make a magically invisible object suddenly visible?

That depends on where the chests are located, aren't they?