Metroid Thread

>silent protagonist conveys personality via strong body language and cinematography
>she speaks exactly once, and it's in the language of her adopted culture
I fucking love Dread.

Attached: she said a thing.jpg (1280x720, 104.13K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hVIXVy30sos
youtu.be/elN92_deT20?t=700
youtu.be/yo2VM46_SPE?t=29
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Sad that I forgot about Dread, incredible game.

That one scene in Metroid Prime 3 where Samus clenches her fist while Gandrayda's dying was more poignant than the entirety of Other M.

>"huh, I really forgot about Dread too"
>remember liking Raven Beak's fight a lot
>look up the music
youtube.com/watch?v=hVIXVy30sos
this sounded a lot better in memory

Attached: 888240181499559968.png (80x80, 11.36K)

dread was in a rough spot because they needed to do something risky instead of doing just another metroid game, something as simple as adding a richter mode of any kind would have been a massive positive
there's just too many games like this now, many with more original ideas, I thought it was a fine, fun game, but considering the legacy that it had to live up to, it's just painfully safe.
I'm happy for people who just wanted another metroid game though, they generally got what they wanted.

Easily. Samus is just well suited for visual storytelling and characterization. The end of Prime 2 is one of the best moments of the series.

Our gal has always been a woman of few words. Like, it's an explicit character trait. Even in Fusion, she only talks out loud near the end when she needs to. Not to harp on Other M, but it really is kinda baffling how it missed this.

Attached: Eh, no problem..webm (853x480, 2.95M)

I disagree

Me too, OP

your disagreement has no value without context

>it’s painfully safe
Good, we don’t need another Fusion and Other M.

For me it was this moment, it was the emotional peak of the Prime series and it's just a small gesture with no dialogue. I wonder if Dark Samus just wants to absorb her suit again or maybe something else, and the way Samus looks back at her and makes no effort to defend herself makes me think she pities it somewhat.
That scene in Dread where she only says one line and relaxes her stance after she find out Quiet Robe is not a threat is great too.

Attached: Metroid Prime 2 - Dark Samus Boss Fight .webm (888x500, 2.99M)

One of my favorite moments in the trilogy was the Meta Ridley fight, where the giant Chozo statues of the temple activate and blast Ridley clear off the cliff, and Samus just watches in sheer astonishment.
Metroid's always had a cool mix of "natural and technological", and it's always nice to see her "ancestors" help out.
youtu.be/elN92_deT20?t=700

I disagree

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Attached: 1634004837656.png (782x645, 135.01K)

That moment is really interesting because of its ambiguity. Does she feel pity for her enemy? Is she flexing? Is she just fucking tired? N way to know for sure, and it's something to think about.

Nothing ambiguous about this encounter though. I fucking love this old west showdown. I almost want a tumbleweed to roll by.

Attached: round 1.webm (682x386, 2.97M)

I liked when she relaxed around Quiet Robe all comfy like a kid ready to hear and older relative tell a story.

just now seeing this thread but you may have posted this at the exact same time I just got through that cutscene
dread is fucking excellent I agree

Nah that’s great music. Very well written, creative harmonies and actually memorable

The first friendly face on this shitbox planet. Why not hear him out.

Attached: chillin.jpg (1169x659, 93.02K)

Cute!

Attached: c3a.jpg (1280x720, 130.51K)

>autistic staring
>conveying emotion
This is your brain on Nintendo

Do you rather cast archetypes per game instead, faggot?

Contrast that with their final encounter here
youtu.be/yo2VM46_SPE?t=29
No curiosity, no tricks, they just raise their guns. I mean the first time you see Dark Samus she's clearly mocking you when she leaves you for dead, but here she takes you seriously.