How this boring game had so much praise?

How this boring game had so much praise?

Attached: 455.jpg (1200x1600, 351.29K)

I don't know, but I want my $15 back. I waited too long for it to get good.

What? You don't like walking around reading text on walls?

filtered.

Midwits enjoy having “the pieces click” as the only pride they’ll be able to derive from their ~105 IQ

Seems people either love it or go "what's the big deal?"
For me it is easily one of the best of the decade.

Attached: 95938525_p0.jpg (2500x2700, 1.33M)

Thanks for the thread about an actual good game OP. Hearthbros and slugbros, how can I complete the trinity?

Attached: 2385CE64-7205-4CE6-931F-BB44812D49B0.png (1364x636, 240.89K)

Firewatch.

Attached: MV5BZGI5Njg5M2QtZGNlNC00MGUzLWExMGYtNmUwMTJlZWI1NGE4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTQ1MzAwODA@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg (1000x1432, 81.68K)

I have an IQ of 140 and I thoroughly enjoyed this game

Because gamers and their journalists/critics really think walking and solving puzzles is really profound.

Obra Dinn

>doesn't hold your hand
>almost immediately throws you into the main game
>lets you go at whatever pace you want without gatekeeping you from anything
>no obnoxious cutscenes/removal of player interaction
Just these alone is enough to warrant some admiration for. I also like the setting and story

Yeah, however the gameplay sucks

Different strokes for different folks. Sorry you got sucked into a glorified walking simulator

Because it's genuinely that good.

Attached: 1633356735228.png (851x821, 826.05K)

>Any Forums hates walking simulators
>loves this piece of shit

Amazing

>>doesn't hold your hand

More like doesn't tell you shit about anything including how the game works or what the goal is.

You walk around and try to figure out shit. I don’t know. Its just stupid. I only kept playing because of sunk cost fallacy. Not because it was fun. The dark brambles part of it at least seemed somewhat cool, but it honestly just made me want to play a space horror game

>More like doesn't tell you shit about anything including how the game works
You literally start on a tutorial planet that tells you nearly every mechanic you will use
>or what the goal is
nigger use your imagination and sense of curiosity. There are numerous events that happen before you even leave the planet that clue you in on what to do.

A lot of money spent on marketing can make even the shittiest game popular.

Pathologic 2

Why don't zoomers have a sense of adventure?

Outer Wilds in VR is kino

it's a physics puzzle game and exploration with comfy vibes.
it would be like calling portal boring

seconding return of the obra dinn, my top three games right here

I get why a lot of people like it. It just didn't hold my imagination long past getting good at piloting and after uncovering a couple of the "big" mysteries. Bill Murray did it better.

It's sense of adventure, mystery, and the way the unique mechanics of each planet work are beautifully crafted and unmatched. You really do feel like a real space explorer / archeologist tryin to figure shit out.

It just sucks because there is no replayability and the "story" bears no weight at all despite the dissapearance of the Nomai being such a hot topic for the entire game

Attached: 1644863764459.jpg (580x390, 41.77K)

I got it on the series S with gamepass yet the game is still 30fps there? I'm gonna play it anyway but it was kind of a bummer

>"story" bears no weight at all despite the dissapearance of the Nomai being such a hot topic for the entire game
Elaborate

Except that Portal is 2 hours long. Outer Wilds is a slug and the puzzles aren't as fresh as Portal.

Better question: To those who call Outer Wilds a "walking simulator", what would you call pic related?

Attached: Obra_dinn_title_release.png (709x858, 43.81K)