Control wise, is this the best mount in videogame history ?

control wise, is this the best mount in videogame history ?
I'm not trying to bait or simp for ER, just don't remember a horse that controls as tight as torrent does

Attached: image_2022-03-27_203938.png (195x207, 67.51K)

Is this a bait post?

Yes. He's better than Epona, better than M&B, and better SotC

Her NAME is fucking AGRO.

unironically yes, you can 180 while touching a ledge and not fall off

>stand at very edge of cliff
>turn around to go back
>fall off and die

God no, it's janky as fuck. Hrse combat also feels like shit. I rarely use Torrent.

The awful horse combat should be removed from the game.

Hes not a magic horse, hes a cow with a saddle. Torrent used to have combat moves but content was cut.

what mount controls better in your opinion?
the mounted combat is jank, I agree

>Any Forums signature contrarian autism
Every fucking time.

duality of man

>her

>pressing B on foot makes you backdash
>pressing B on horse makes you dash forward
that shit killed me more than once

No, he's way too floaty and mounted combat controls are awful. Plus, he's not a mare so I can't even enjoy a nice tall glass of magic mare milk fresh from the teat when I stop to rest.

>not liking the shitty horse is contrarian

shut the fuck up retard I didn't even say the game was bad

Yeah, I can't think of a better one. The fact he spawns right under your ass when you summon him is a huge plus too.

Unironcally wish we could get horse armor for him, he feels really squishy later on

You jump off the ledge and then double jump back

thinking this shit controls better than rdr2's horses is what's truly contrarian

Craft horse food, its what all the rona fruit is for.

>spam x to move
Lol

theres no "mount controls", Torrent is just the player character with a new model that can double jump and gets a speed increase
might as well have given the player a motorbike, it would have felt about as alive as Torrent does
both RDR1 & 2 blows it out of the water with what you can make your horse do and so does pretty much every other game where you can ride a animal
Torrent cant even fucking rear up
trash thread
kill yourself OP

Attached: 1648058655518.jpg (598x554, 19.65K)

who the hell uses backdash just roll you bitch

as opposed to spam O to move?

His main function is convenience and he does that well.

*ahem*

Attached: 512.jpg (1634x1048, 792.55K)

He's way too fucking floaty and has a really weirdly delayed turn that moves way too much when you're trying to make small movements

MGSV

It's extremely simple but it works decently, which is more than you can say for most
I kind of wish you could just dismount Torrent normally without just disappearing though, it's obvious why they did it and it makes sense from a pure gameplay perspective but there's definitely something missing in the feel of it. Even if he just stood there munching grass and disappeared when you went a ways away or got hit by an enemy it would make hopping off him for a second to pick something up or talk to an NPC a little more soulful having him stand there ready for you to mount back up. The double jump is fantastic, makes moving around fun in a way that games trying to be realistic simply can't manage.

As for combat, it works well enough in its intended use case. Great for clearing trash or against some of the overworld bosses that don't have unavoidable attacks, colossal weapon charged R2s are really satisfying and making passes against groups of random soldiers and scything down half of them in one go before turning around and clearing the other half is efficient and enjoyable. That's all there really is to it though, there's very little depth or nuance. Which is fine, better simple and functional than trying to force something to work when it doesn't.

Attached: file.png (1292x2012, 3.37M)

>this little faggot still has full health
>randomly fucks off during a battle

Fromdrones are really delusional.

>Torrent is just the player character with a new model that can double jump and gets a speed increase
If you think this is a bad thing you should kill yourself
>NOOOO I WANT MY REALISTIC HORSEY WHO I HAVE TO MASTURBATE EVERY 15 MINUTES OF HE STOPS WORKING WAHHH
Yeah you should definitely kill yourself